The extremely talented and always underrated Amari Cooper Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Cooper to the Cowboys

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 am

Well my feelings havent changed all much overall from the beginning of this thread till now. Im definitely happy that hes playing well and theres chemistry between him and Dak. And best of all its opened the run game for Zeke.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 am

Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:26 pm Hopefully the Amari haters come back here in 1 year. It’s like people are still arguing against him being a top 5 WR when nobody is really expecting that anymore. Regarding the persistent attacks on consistency, only the elite of the elite WRs are really consistent every single week. Plus he’s in a new situation now where he’s finally getting fed and he’s been very consistent ever since being in Dallas.

1. Top 5 overall draft pick
2. Historical production during his first 2 years in the NFL
3. 1 crappy year on an imploding Raiders team and then 3 bad games this year on an even worse Raiders team
Are the irrational Amari haters coming back yet?
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:36 pm
hudini33 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 pm
Bot101 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:53 pm As a Cowboys fan I feel sick. Reminds me of the garbage trades they made years ago. 2x 1sts for Galloway and a 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams.... because those worked.
Do you still feel sick? If so, you should get that checked out :lol:
Hindsight is the stupidest counter argument. He looked flat awful in Oakland. In addition, yeah it feels great now. But how about when its time to pay everyone? Dak wil get paid, Cooper will get paid. How about Dlaw? Byron Jones? Jaylon Smith? And most importantly Zeke? I would have rather drafted a WR in the up coming class and saved money for critical pieces of the team that will leave.
The issue with the Amari hate was the contention that he "looked awful" in Oakland. He never looked awful, he's been this player the entire time just the numbers weren't there. Most people were using fantasy football box score scouting regarding Amari and totally whiffed.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 am

I have told many and yet only a few have believed! Amari Cooper only needed TARGETS! Amari is the same receiver that he was in Oakland,the only difference is that he's been throw the ball!
Last edited by Raymond1974 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:23 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:33 pm I'm certainly feeling great about sending Cooper for Sutton before the deadline. Sigh.
Ouch.
Thankfully I had Julio, Thielen, Davante Adams, Cooks, Allen, Hilton and Kupp starting ahead of him so that softens the blow.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 am
hudini33 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Do you still feel sick? If so, you should get that checked out :lol:
Hindsight is the stupidest counter argument. He looked flat awful in Oakland. In addition, yeah it feels great now. But how about when its time to pay everyone? Dak wil get paid, Cooper will get paid. How about Dlaw? Byron Jones? Jaylon Smith? And most importantly Zeke? I would have rather drafted a WR in the up coming class and saved money for critical pieces of the team that will leave.
The issue with the Amari hate was the contention that he "looked awful" in Oakland. He never looked awful, he's been this player the entire time just the numbers weren't there. Most people were using fantasy football box score scouting regarding Amari and totally whiffed.
But he did look awful in Oakland, dropped the ball, constantly gave up on routes and kind of seemed like he did not care. Whether that was Amari, the losing, the situation or whatever - he did look awful in Oakland.

The move seems to have legitimately worked out well for both Cooper and the Raiders. The Raiders have also been better since trading away Cooper.

Amari seems rejuvenated, for now.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 pm

He was slow, lackadaisical and soft with Oakland. He looks a lot more spry and motivated. He is fully engaged, sometimes a divorce is best. Of course a lot of you already know that one :)

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Yeah he did look awful as others have noted above. In addition the weight he put on seems to he gone now that hes in Dallas.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Ibwas never a Cooper fan but man hes made me eat my words. Looks like a completely different player right now.

Incredible change
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:21 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 am

But he did look awful in Oakland, dropped the ball, constantly gave up on routes and kind of seemed like he did not care. Whether that was Amari, the losing, the situation or whatever - he did look awful in Oakland.

The move seems to have legitimately worked out well for both Cooper and the Raiders. The Raiders have also been better since trading away Cooper.

Amari seems rejuvenated, for now.
I’m a Raiders fan as well so I watched every one of his games the last few years. He was this same player his first 2 years when he was on a trajectory similar to that of elite WR1s, struggled his 3rd year along with the entire team, and was only with us for 5 or 6 games this year when we became even more dysfunctional. Even if you look at his games this year he was phenomenal in the games in which he received significant targets and struggled in gameswhere he was ignored.

People saying he looked “terrible” are/were ignoring 2/3rds of his career and ignoring the context of 2017.

Edit: regarding the weight loss, why do you think his weight has changed at all since joining Dallas?
Last edited by Chwf3rd on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:47 pm Yeah he did look awful as others have noted above. In addition the weight he put on seems to he gone now that hes in Dallas.
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 pm He was slow, lackadaisical and soft with Oakland. He looks a lot more spry and motivated. He is fully engaged, sometimes a divorce is best. Of course a lot of you already know that one :)
DJB wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm Ibwas never a Cooper fan but man hes made me eat my words. Looks like a completely different player right now.

Incredible change
Absolutely nothing has changed about his game. This is the player he was for 2/3rds of his career and at Alabama. He had 1 bad season in 2017 when the entire team was falling apart and was fantastic in the 5 or 6 games in Oakland this year when he actually received substantial targets. People were/are engaging in recency bias and ignoring 2/3rds of his entire career and the context of his 2017 season.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm

I legitimately do not know what you were watching if you thought he was giving the same effort.

He was trash since halfway through year 2, so acting like he had a great two years is incredibly disingenuous. If anything, you are sounding like the one who is only looking at the stats and I cannot take your opinion meaningfully at this point.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm I legitimately do not know what you were watching if you thought he was giving the same effort.

He was trash since halfway through year 2, so acting like he had a great two years is incredibly disingenuous. If anything, you are sounding like the one who is only looking at the stats and I cannot take your opinion meaningfully at this point.
Couldn't say it better myself. Absolutely nobody anywhere mentions the game splits in Coopers 2nd season. They just look at the final numbers and assume he was good all year.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm I legitimately do not know what you were watching if you thought he was giving the same effort.

Drops /=/ poor effort to me. I can point to a myriad of stats showing that he was historically productive his first two years and the dynasty community agreed given his startup ADP those years. Of course you already disregarded any reference to his stats from those years so all that’s left would be us arguing about his perceived effort level and film.

It makes it hurt less as a Raiders fan to act like he’s suddenly this totally different player but it’s just not true.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.

Also for what it is worth, this is not some new approach I have regarding Cooper. I posted literally a couple years ago that he was being grossly overvalued as a top 5 asset.