Re: Cooper Urinated in Derek Carrs Cereal and Got Caught

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 am

I've never see so much salt in one post
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:23 am

...lol.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:11 am

Cooper gets open a lot more than his targets indicate. It's true. Carr is a check down machine since his injuries. Cooper would be better off somewhere else unless something changes.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:12 am

There was a video posted on YouTube early this year that showed every target from Dak to Dez last season made in an effort to show that the problem was with the QB. I have no horse in that race. I don't own either player and never have. I'm neither a fan of the Cowboys nor am I a hater. I watched that video multiple times and what I saw over and over was Dez's inability to get open and plenty of mental mistakes when Dak was putting the ball on his hands and he was dropping passes. Supposedly "errant" throws were typically because Dez was blanketed so closely by defenders that there was no way to get him the football. It was pretty clear to me that there was a lot of bias and lack of objectivity by those trying to make the claim that the problems were not with Dez.

I'm not sure what your personal stakes are when it comes to Derek Carr or Cooper. your basic summary says that no one is allowed to give you any kind of rational explanation as to why Cooper is not getting more targets. I'm not going to take the time to watch any film to try to give you any reason because you don't want them anyway. All I can say is that in the NFL it's about winning football games. There isn't going to be some kind of vendetta that a player has against another that's going to prevent him from getting him the football. This isn't grade school.
Last edited by skip on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 am

Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 am

skip wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:12 am There was a video posted on YouTube early this year that showed every target from Dak to Dez last season made in an effort to show that the problem was with the QB. I have no horse in that race. I don't own either player and never have. I'm neither a fan of the Cowboys nor am I a hater. I watched that video multiple times and what I saw over and over was Dez's inability to get open and plenty of mental mistakes when Dak was putting the ball on his hands and he was dropping passes. Supposedly "errant" throws were typically because Dez was blanketed so closely by defenders that there was no way to get him the football. It was pretty clear to me that there was a lot of bias and lack of objectivity by those trying to make the claim that the problems were not with Dez.

I'm not sure what your personal stakes are when it comes to Derek Carr or Cooper. your basic summary says that no one is allowed to give you any kind of rational explanation as to why Cooper is not getting more targets. I'm not going to take the time to watch any film to try to give you any reason because you don't want them anyway. All I can say is that in the NFL it's about winning football games. There isn't going to be some kind of vendetta that a player has against another that's going to prevent him from getting him the football. This isn't grade school.
I'm sorry about the impression (although it was intentional) It wasn't in full seriousness though, the hyperbole was intended to depict that I don't just want an uninformed answer, and I appreciate your reply in it's entirety.

I'm curious to find that dak/dez video, simply to observe and see if they overlooked their own biasy as it seems you have implied was there.

I have 3 cooper shares across my leagues, but not invested heavily in - which is the motivation for my extended film study - Too many people are painting the picture that this is just "Cooper being Cooper" but its different than last year and I want to know why.

I also am aware no personal vendetta, I just feel the current narrative is wrong, and to even get people to talk about the reasons in a manner detached from the current "go to " answers, I felt I had to go the opposite extreme to get any type of real feedback and not just a lazy answer. I provided what i had seen on film in the post strictly to show there's some seriousness to this post as well and that i'm truly curious wtf is going on.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:39 am

What I'd like to know is what source are you watching the plays from? If it's just replays from TV, you're not seeing the whole picture at all. In fact, sometimes you can't even tell who the 1st read was on a play nor do you get to see the WR running his routes.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:53 am

steelman wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:39 am What I'd like to know is what source are you watching the plays from? If it's just replays from TV, you're not seeing the whole picture at all. In fact, sometimes you can't even tell who the 1st read was on a play nor do you get to see the WR running his routes.
NFL Gamepass

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:54 am

skip wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:12 am There was a video posted on YouTube early this year that showed every target from Dak to Dez last season made in an effort to show that the problem was with the QB. I have no horse in that race. I don't own either player and never have. I'm neither a fan of the Cowboys nor am I a hater. I watched that video multiple times and what I saw over and over was Dez's inability to get open and plenty of mental mistakes when Dak was putting the ball on his hands and he was dropping passes. Supposedly "errant" throws were typically because Dez was blanketed so closely by defenders that there was no way to get him the football. It was pretty clear to me that there was a lot of bias and lack of objectivity by those trying to make the claim that the problems were not with Dez.

This is a great post, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that Dak/Dez video the same way.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:21 am

So, not to get off topic... but, Do you guys Vcize and Skip, think that Dak is an accurate and skilled passer then? I for one do not. Dallas's passing game is horrific. It was bad with Dez and JW, and abysmal without him and Witten. Dak may not have been the only problem, but, he certainly isn't without fault. The video clips do a great job of showing that. The lack of production is further proof that Dak isn't going to elevate the play of young or avg wr. Dez was never perfect. He's game didn't depend on "getting open" He was never a burner with elite straight line speed - it was reliant on winning contested catches and yac. Tough to produce when you qb ONLY throws to you when your open. Brees is like the opposite of Dak.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:39 am

Vcize wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:54 am

This is a great post, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that Dak/Dez video the same way.
Wow. The cowboys offense looks so much more dynamic without Dez. Any of Dallas’ WRs on pace for 860 yards? I don’t know the answer, but based on what I’ve seen I’d say no. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but Dak is in the bottom 25% of NFL starting QBs.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:08 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:39 am

Wow. The cowboys offense looks so much more dynamic without Dez. Any of Dallas’ WRs on pace for 860 yards? I don’t know the answer, but based on what I’ve seen I’d say no. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but Dak is in the bottom 25% of NFL starting QBs.
This is a great post, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that Dak/Dez video the same way. :whistle:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:36 am

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:08 am
thebeast wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:39 am

This is a great post, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw that Dak/Dez video the same way. :whistle:
1 - I believe this was the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzIlUmUWnCU

2 - I saw the video the same way as JFever and thebeast

3 - In regards to the actual Cooper topic - I wish I had an answer. It will be very interesting to see what his targets are in Week VI - and if it is some weird system in which Cooper is only allowed to be fed on even-numbered weeks ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Is there a chance he's let go after this year and he goes to a different team?
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 early 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, early 2nd, 2nd
2026 early 1st, 1st, early 2nd
----------

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Obviously, Cooper should get more than 1 target but the personal vendetta conspiracy theory holds no water because of the monster games in between.
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox