Javonte Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Re: Javonte Williams Thread

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:21 pm

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:35 am After his rookie year, I was really bummed I took Devonta over him. Now I am really thankful!

Broncos are in a rough spot and this regime didn't draft him. I'll be interested to see how they value him the rest of the year and into next year. The talent was there and he could be a good buy low as Jaleel gets more touches.
Basically the reason for all not to spend much capital on the RB position. Much too volatile position to invest much capital.

Spend your 1sts on QB's and WR's, then just load you bench with lottery ticket RB's like Ford, Mostert, Kyren, Pacheco, etc.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:15 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:21 pm
Kurtrambis1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:35 am After his rookie year, I was really bummed I took Devonta over him. Now I am really thankful!

Broncos are in a rough spot and this regime didn't draft him. I'll be interested to see how they value him the rest of the year and into next year. The talent was there and he could be a good buy low as Jaleel gets more touches.
Basically the reason for all not to spend much capital on the RB position. Much too volatile position to invest much capital.

Spend your 1sts on QB's and WR's, then just load you bench with lottery ticket RB's like Ford, Mostert, Kyren, Pacheco, etc.
Except for every one of those lottery tickets there's ten that aren'e EVER relevant. I don't think you should avoid top end RB's in place of a WR, when the opportunity presents itself. Really depends on the level of talent. Now in this specific case, Devonta was a a top half of the first round pick, winning the Heisman, as a WR, so yeah. Really, it can go either way, and there are "outs", with RB's early. You could have taken Achane late in the first, and likely flipped him for an early first within a few weeks of him playing. RB's can gain value tremendously quickly. So you can trade them for profit, often, or hold, and risk it.

So many things go into evaluation, scoring format, starting requirements, etc. There isn't one way to build a successful team. I've had success both ways, and disaster both ways, with going WR heavy/RB heavy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:15 pm

Except for every one of those lottery tickets there's ten that aren'e EVER relevant. I don't think you should avoid top end RB's in place of a WR, when the opportunity presents itself. Really depends on the level of talent. Now in this specific case, Devonta was a a top half of the first round pick, winning the Heisman, as a WR, so yeah. Really, it can go either way, and there are "outs", with RB's early. You could have taken Achane late in the first, and likely flipped him for an early first within a few weeks of him playing. RB's can gain value tremendously quickly. So you can trade them for profit, often, or hold, and risk it.

So many things go into evaluation, scoring format, starting requirements, etc. There isn't one way to build a successful team. I've had success both ways, and disaster both ways, with going WR heavy/RB heavy.
I won't avoid RB's just to avoid them, but usually if I draft them, I find a way to move them.
I have already sold 2 of my 3 Bijan shares. Only league I am still holding Bijan is a league where I am stacked all over.

I should say that many of my leagues are very deep 12 team SF TEP PPR start 11 offense / 11 IDP.
These are the leagues where I don't want to be caught holding the bag when the eventual injury comes for a RB, and his value plummets.

When you can start 6 WR's in Full PPR, I can still win with good QB's, WR's, TE's, and IDP.
2 RB slots out of 22 starting positions are very small contributors, especially since most WR's and LB's will outscore RB's.
So if I have 6 good WR's and 5 good LB's in my lineup, I can win with RB's like K. Herbert, J. Warren, Charbonnet, etc.

In leagues where RB makes up 20-25% of your lineup, I can understand spending more capital on RB's.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:28 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:03 pm

I won't avoid RB's just to avoid them, but usually if I draft them, I find a way to move them.
I have already sold 2 of my 3 Bijan shares. Only league I am still holding Bijan is a league where I am stacked all over.

I should say that many of my leagues are very deep 12 team SF TEP PPR start 11 offense / 11 IDP.
These are the leagues where I don't want to be caught holding the bag when the eventual injury comes for a RB, and his value plummets.

When you can start 6 WR's in Full PPR, I can still win with good QB's, WR's, TE's, and IDP.

2 RB slots out of 22 starting positions are very small contributors, especially since most WR's and LB's will outscore RB's.
So if I have 6 good WR's and 5 good LB's in my lineup, I can win with RB's like K. Herbert, J. Warren, Charbonnet, etc.

In leagues where RB makes up 20-25% of your lineup, I can understand spending more capital on RB's.
For sure. I have Bijan in a start 3 RB league, I can't imagine what it would take to move him. Also have him in another league where RB's an TE's score more than WR's, so it's tough to get enought to warrant the move.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:28 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:03 pm

For sure. I have Bijan in a start 3 RB league, I can't imagine what it would take to move him. Also have him in another league where RB's an TE's score more than WR's, so it's tough to get enought to warrant the move.
So once again, positional values all boil down to individual league settings and scoring.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:03 am

Denver is likely to add to this backfield next year Williams looks, well, JAGish. Still waiting for TD 1 on the year. :shock: Next year, maybe he'll be better, but he had a really bad knee injury, with a very rare part of the injury that we don't see very often. I'll put this up again, make of it what you will. Will he get the opportunity to be the lead back next year? Doubtful. Payton didn't draft him. I can't see, with the RB room they currently have, how Payton doesn't add some guys he hand picks.

https://www.extrapointff.com/science-sa ... -the-same/

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:01 am

He has 2 receiving TDs this year, but still a long way from what many expected with him ready to roll in week 1. I only have one share, but right now I’m not counting on him being a reliable starter for that team next year. I’ve got more faith in Brian Robinson, which was not at all the expectation coming into the year.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:03 am Denver is likely to add to this backfield next year Williams looks, well, JAGish. Still waiting for TD 1 on the year. :shock: Next year, maybe he'll be better, but he had a really bad knee injury, with a very rare part of the injury that we don't see very often. I'll put this up again, make of it what you will. Will he get the opportunity to be the lead back next year? Doubtful. Payton didn't draft him. I can't see, with the RB room they currently have, how Payton doesn't add some guys he hand picks.

https://www.extrapointff.com/science-sa ... -the-same/
DEN has a lot bigger problems than their RB corps, and it starts right with the O line. Williams looked pretty good yesterday give the lack of room he had to work. I may have to put out some trade feelers if owners really think he’s a JAG.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:45 am

He'll still only be 24 heading in to next year and should be fully recovered from the knee injury by that time, so next year is the make or break year for me. I think as a group, we've seen guys produce the year after a knee injury so that is now the expectation, where it used to be 1 down year followed by a bounce-back. Between him/Samjee/Jaleel i actually think their RB room is pretty solid, just no big name guys but for that team they aren't close enough to add a stud RB. Sure they might draft one in the 3rd or 4th round as insurance, but i dont see it being a priority for them.

Now with all that said, if he doesn't produce a top 12 season next year it's going to be a very telling sign on his future...
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:05 pm

Got a big question. I have Javonte on team 1 in my sig. It's a keeper league where owners surrender rookie draft picks to keep players already on their roster. Because of the keeper rules, it's hard to look at the rookie draft as Round 1, Round 2, and so on. I prefer to look at it as overall pick #.

My situation is, I can keep Javonte or I can get (approximately) the 7th-9th pick in the draft. Because some of the early picks will be veterans, that leaves me in line to get the 4th-5th rookie if I release Javonte.

I roster Etienne, Pacheco, JFord and will keep each of them. It's a start 2RB/3WR league with 1Flex. With my roster, I'd start 4WRs most weeks, going with Lamb/Chase/Waddle/Pickens. However, with the possible midseason return of Chubb, I'm worried that losing JFord as a potential starter for my roster would leave me thin at RB.

It's a 1QB league, so I'd be looking at the 1st or 2nd RB or the 3rd or 4th WR off the board. It's not TEP, but if Bowers' landing spot made me think he could become Laporta, I could consider him as well. My hope is to get a rookie RB who lands in a good draft spot.

So, do we think Javonte follows Saquon and has a great second year post-surgery? Or do we think Javonte is going to remain the low-end RB2 he looked like for much of 2023? Coming out of college I really thought Javonte could be a T10RB in the NFL, and I still tend to think he could be very good. But I worry I'm holding on to past hopes and not looking at the currently situation realistically.

I need to decide soon. I've won b2b championships and really want to threepeat.

For reference, by that league's scoring rules I had the 2023 ...
QB4 & 9 (Lamar & Tua)
RB3, 15 & 16 (ETN, Ford & Pacheco)
WR1 & 11 (Lamb & Chase)
DEF 1 & 2 (BAL & DAL)
CB 7 & 8
S 2
DE 4

Overall a good well-balanced squad.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:13 pm

As much as everyone wanted him to be, I don’t think he was ever going to be a RB1. I’d gladly rerollfor one of the top couple RBs, even in a weaker class.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 pm

KCLep20 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:45 am He'll still only be 24 heading in to next year and should be fully recovered from the knee injury by that time, so next year is the make or break year for me. I think as a group, we've seen guys produce the year after a knee injury so that is now the expectation, where it used to be 1 down year followed by a bounce-back. Between him/Samjee/Jaleel i actually think their RB room is pretty solid, just no big name guys but for that team they aren't close enough to add a stud RB. Sure they might draft one in the 3rd or 4th round as insurance, but i dont see it being a priority for them.

Now with all that said, if he doesn't produce a top 12 season next year it's going to be a very telling sign on his future...
He may never "fully" recover from the knee, because he tore his posterior lateral corner.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 pm

I’d take the pick. Looks like you don’t need him at RB anyways, and Denver is going to be in a rough spot for a while. The chances he gains value in the next year - especially with the drop of RBs next year - as opposed to losing value in the next year is low.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 pm

I wouldn't bet on Javonte, and would rather take my shot on a rookie (or veteran you like more depending on what the other owners do) with the pick. I'm not loving what the Bronco's have done this offseason and question how good their offense will even be. That, and as FF mentioned, his injury wasn't a simple/clean ACL tear.

It stinks, as I too had hopes for the guy. But it feels like you could get a better asset by re-rolling in the draft.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:43 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 pm I wouldn't bet on Javonte, and would rather take my shot on a rookie (or veteran you like more depending on what the other owners do) with the pick. I'm not loving what the Bronco's have done this offseason and question how good their offense will even be. That, and as FF mentioned, his injury wasn't a simple/clean ACL tear.

It stinks, as I too had hopes for the guy. But it feels like you could get a better asset by re-rolling in the draft.
Broncos also don't have a QB as of now, not sure how good the offense will be this year. Could it be worse than last year? Possibly. They lost Jeudy and Wilson, who are by no means fantastic, but who have they replaced them with??