Redrafting the 2021 Draft - 12 team SuperFlex

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Dizzle
Starter
Starter

Redrafting the 2021 Draft - 12 team SuperFlex

Postby Dizzle » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:06 am

Would TLaw still be your #1? Who moved up with their rookie year? Chase would be the 1st WR off the board but would you take him before Zach Wilson or Trey Lance? Looking for your thoughts on redrafting the 1st round of a 2021 12 Team Superflex draft knowing what we know now.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Redrafting the 2021 Draft - 12 team SuperFlex

Postby abloom » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:24 am

I need to dig up and see what I had for my top picks at the end of it.

But I did and still would have Lawrence #1.

I think I had something like:
1) Lawrence
2) fields
3) lance
4) chase
5) Pitts
6) Harris
7) waddle
8) Wilson
9) Mac Jones
10) smith
11) Williams
12) Etienne

But I'll have to check.

Honestly I'd probably have something similar to that right now. Maybe with Lance and fields moving down and chase and Pitts moving up.

Javonte would be ahead of Smith and maybe wilson. Jones ahead of Wilson. I'll try to find a post with my rankings and see if I was right in my memory.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:26 am

You could make an argument for Chase at #1 even in SF just because of the way he is valued this offseason.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:45 pm

Chase has got to be the number 1 if redrafting. Had any of those QBs had a Herbert like rookie year they’d be worth marginally more than Chase right now, but as it is they are coin flips to ever get to that point, and coin flips to bust. Chase has already hit and is either the WR1 or WR2 overall at 21 yo.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves overvaluing QBs who haven’t hit yet. Don’t forget we did the same with #1 overall NFL draft pick in 2015 Jameis and #2 Mariota. 2016 #1 Goff and #2 Wentz. 2017 #2 Trubisky. 2018 #1 Mayfield and #3 Darnold. 2019 #6 Daniel Jones. 2020 #5 Tua.

Lots of hits during those years too, mostly later in drafts, like Lamar, Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Herbert etc. But taking 50/50 swings on rookie QBs that didn’t show much as rookies vs a now known sure thing in Chase isn’t smart imo.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:37 pm

Chase
Najee
Pitts
Waddle
Javonte
Tlaw
Lance
Mac
Smith
Fields
moore
ETN
Zach

Probably about how Id have them, decent gap from pitts to waddle and lance to mac

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:10 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:37 pm Chase
Najee
Pitts
Waddle
Javonte
Tlaw
Lance
Mac
Smith
Fields
moore
ETN
Zach

Probably about how Id have them, decent gap from pitts to waddle and lance to mac
The only egregious thing I see here based on the data we have available is Elijah Moore being too low.

If you dive into what he did as a Rookie combined with his Prospect Profile from College, his prospect hit rate is almost assuredly as a future stud in the league now. I'd argue he belongs over Smith, just personally.

The rest seems pretty fair, although I find it funny that all rankings are still so bullish on Lance. That guy did -not- look ready, and also showed no ability to avoid hits like his rushing QB ilk (Lamar, Kyler).

If he rushes 12-15 times a game with that style he is not going to last long. At all.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:36 pm

mild wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:10 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:37 pm Chase
Najee
Pitts
Waddle
Javonte
Tlaw
Lance
Mac
Smith
Fields
moore
ETN
Zach

The only egregious thing I see here based on the data we have available is Elijah Moore being too low.

If you dive into what he did as a Rookie combined with his Prospect Profile from College, his prospect hit rate is almost assuredly as a future stud in the league now. I'd argue he belongs over Smith, just personally.

The rest seems pretty fair, although I find it funny that all rankings are still so bullish on Lance. That guy did -not- look ready, and also showed no ability to avoid hits like his rushing QB ilk (Lamar, Kyler).

If he rushes 12-15 times a game with that style he is not going to last long. At all.
Yeah I might be low on Moore/high on Lance but its more of a don't know who Id put over Lance, Mac and the wrs I can maybe see but at the same time the potential value on Lance is huge. Moore its kinda the same, I can bump him over Fields but I feel more confident in Smiths profile and the QBs hold more value IMO

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:20 am

Any SF redo should easily have Mills in round 1.

I get many like ignore the the Texans due to recency bias but this kid is a gift that will be a legit starter for a long time in the NFL.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/rookie ... e-nfl-2021
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dizzle
Starter
Starter

Postby Dizzle » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:54 am

Ice wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:20 am Any SF redo should easily have Mills in round 1.

I get many like ignore the the Texans due to recency bias but this kid is a gift that will be a legit starter for a long time in the NFL.

Good to see Mills getting some love for sure. Seriously overlooked and undervalued.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:15 am

Dizzle wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:54 am
Ice wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:20 am Any SF redo should easily have Mills in round 1.

Good to see Mills getting some love for sure. Seriously overlooked and undervalued.
I concur, he showed me more than Fields, Wilson and Lance did. And he had zero weapons
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Dizzle
Starter
Starter

Postby Dizzle » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:20 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:15 am

I concur, he showed me more than Fields, Wilson and Lance did. And he had zero weapons
He and Cooks had a bit of a vibe going on. That was good to see. But I'm sure they wouldn't want to keep him around in a rebuild.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:45 am

The Cooks hate just keeps coming

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:50 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:45 am

The Cooks hate just keeps coming
Funny, Sad, and True!
6 Thousand yard seasons in his last 7
Thousand yard seasons with 4 different teams

Oh well, I will get getting him on my teams annually! :biggrin:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:28 pm

I must be more optimistic than most, I'd move Chase up a bit as he really showed out but I really haven't dropped the QBs down much at all.
I like to judge rookie QBs on a few different things but one of the most important for me is the ability to improve and adjust their game to the NFL,
Lawrence I'm giving a mulligan which I might come to regret but I'm doing it anyway,
Fields through the year I felt showed me some things I had concerns about pre-draft,
Wilson was probably one of the better ones imo with adjusting his game and improving throughout the season (seems like most here aren't a fan haha),
Mac speaks for himself he was solid enough to be a starter for the future but I still feel has a limited upside compared to the others,
Mills from what I hear looked pretty good and I need to have a better look at his games (really didn't have the Texans on my list of teams I took time to watch)
Waddle moves up above Smith atm but I'm still in on Smith as a player for the future.
The only really big changes I've made is Sermon/Marshall dropping significantly and the Sun God/Mitchell moving up

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:54 pm

I actually went looking for the Davis Mills stans yesterday. Couldn't remember who was banging that drum... but of course it was Ice. :lol:

You must have enjoyed Lovie Smith's comments yesterday?
Texans head coach Lovie Smith said, "there’s a possibility of us getting a great quarterback."
Smith was made the comment when talking about Houston holding the third pick in the draft but could have been referencing the ongoing Deshaun Watson saga. He also called Davis Mills good but mentioned that the league only has a few special quarterbacks. Many believe taking Pittsburgh QB Kenny Pickett with the third pick would be a reach so the only way he winds up in Houston is if their opinion of him is far ahead of the consensus. Otherwise, it makes sense for them to trade back and roll with Mills for another year. With Watson's legal status still in the air, there's also another big domino that needs to fall before they can solidify any plans for their offseason.
I don't care which way you slice it... "Davis Mills is good but not great" from his new head coach can't exactly be what you're wanting to hear...

And if they -do- take Kenny Pickett 3rd overall, I will fall off my chair laughing. I would put nothing past this inept clown-show franchise.