Super Bowl Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Super Bowl Discussion

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:24 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:16 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:05 pm Akers goes for 200 total yards and 3 tds
Monster game, bringing this year's ypc up to 3.8. An offseason of arguments of one great game indicating greatness to come and the other games indicating reason for reservation.
Then he slips and falls in the shower during the offseason, tearing his other achilles.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:28 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:14 pm Rooting for the bungles but have a feeling Rams are going to dominate
Agree unfortunately
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:58 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:28 pm
abloom wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:14 pm Rooting for the bungles but have a feeling Rams are going to dominate
Agree unfortunately
Well, I think most of us thought Cincy's ride would end against KC and they managed to pull that one out. I think it will be a hard fought game, and I'm hoping it's close. But if one team does end up being dominant, I agree it will likely be the Rams with all the talent they have on defense.

But if the Bengals can manage to put up some points... And they're built to score quickly if need be too. I like the matchup personally.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:34 pm

This is where my brain ends up too, but my heart is all-in for Joe Brrrrrr and Bungle nation

I do know that if it comes down to a game-winning drive by one of the QB's in the final minutes of the 4th Q... I would trust Joe Cool to do it more than Stafford.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:49 pm

mild wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:34 pm
This is where my brain ends up too, but my heart is all-in for Joe Brrrrrr and Bungle nation

I do know that if it comes down to a game-winning drive by one of the QB's in the final minutes of the 4th Q... I would trust Joe Cool to do it more than Stafford.
And if I ever trusted a DL to make a big game-changing play it would be the LAR duo. I hope it ends up as well as it sounds!

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:53 pm

I love Staffords story but am not a fan of the sell everything to win now. I would get some smirk in if the Rams fall down now after all that capital to go all in this year. Its great to see the Bengals not be the bungles too. Not really invested in either team though I am sure I will decide who to root on by the end of the first quarter.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:12 pm

Think Cincy needs very good game from Mixon to win. If Rams make them one dimensional and can tee off then Burrow has a tendency to get confused and hold the ball too long.
Stafford actually has had less big games on the big stage in his career than Burrow counting college . But I think Stafford’s experience will be a factor. Think his receivers vs Bengals backend will have a greater advantage than Cincy WRs going up against the Rams .
Not enough confidence in Bengals blocking to constantly give Mixon room to get downhill to keep ahead of the chains against LA front 7 which would slow the rush . Got Rams in a fairly close one

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:53 am

This has all the potential to be a tremendous high scoring super bowl, much like the Philly Pats one BUT i have a feeling its gonna be the Rams by like 14. Vets vs young players do matter. Mcvay also isnt going to be in over his head this time. He was scared of Belichick in 2019 and it showed. This time he wont be scared, he also has a QB that can make plays. Id love the Bengals to win because itd be a nice story for that city but i just dont see it happening. Lets hope for a fun game.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:05 pm

Stafford is the whole Superbowl IMO. We have all seen him inexplicably implode and make it rain INTs. Fully feels like its more about him than really anyone else. If the Bengals trigger him its all over.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:07 pm

Yarnith wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:05 pm Stafford is the whole Superbowl IMO. We have all seen him inexplicably implode and make it rain INTs. Fully feels like its more about him than really anyone else. If the Bengals trigger him its all over.
Kind of agree

If he doesn't throw the game away like Tannehill did it's hard for me to see the Bengals winning

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:03 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:05 pm Akers goes for 200 total yards and 3 tds
If the Bengals persist with the 3 man fronts, maybe.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:16 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:24 pm
Monster game, bringing this year's ypc up to 3.8. An offseason of arguments of one great game indicating greatness to come and the other games indicating reason for reservation.
Then he slips and falls in the shower during the offseason, tearing his other achilles.
But he holds on to the soap, and people take this as a sign his ball security issues were overblown, and knowing he's already been able to return from an achilles once before, he vaults ahead of JT in the Dynasty RB ranks.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:16 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:24 pm

But he holds on to the soap, and people take this as a sign his ball security issues were overblown, and knowing he's already been able to return from an achilles once before, he vaults ahead of JT in the Dynasty RB ranks.
:clap:

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:46 am

Pulling for the Rams in this one. Burrow really bothers me, just something about his attitude needs to be knocked down a peg or two. Plus it's hard to root against Aaron Donald as a future HOFer trying to cement his legacy with a ring, also Matthew Stafford emerging from the Detroit dumpster fire. I'm also lowkey enjoying Eric Weddle's un-retirement during this run and would like to see a solid vet win before settling back into retirement, ditto Andrew Whitworth. I feel like the Rams have the better stories, and, that combined with my dislike of Burrow make my rooting interests an easy choice.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:57 am

Vendetta wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:46 am Pulling for the Rams in this one. Burrow really bothers me, just something about his attitude needs to be knocked down a peg or two. Plus it's hard to root against Aaron Donald as a future HOFer trying to cement his legacy with a ring, also Matthew Stafford emerging from the Detroit dumpster fire. I'm also lowkey enjoying Eric Weddle's un-retirement during this run and would like to see a solid vet win before settling back into retirement, ditto Andrew Whitworth. I feel like the Rams have the better stories, and, that combined with my dislike of Burrow make my rooting interests an easy choice.
Youre insane if you think vets getting bought by sacrificing the team's future to win a title is a better story than a team that went from earning the 1st overall pick two years ago to the superbowl this year. I agree on certain players getting a ring would be really nice to see (the three you mentioned are all class acts that I would be happy for), but for the teams as a whole, I love a good Cinderella story
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06