'22 Rookie Thread

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

'22 Rookie Thread

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:27 pm

Let's use this thread to discuss the top rookies on an individual basis and not as a class. If you have an interest in a player, ask about him so the community can chime in about his specific traits.

I'll start...

Treylon Burks

Am I the only one that feels he's being pumped up by his measurables? The guy is certainly athletic and comes with the size/physicality you look for. He has nice ball skills and body control. I worry about his route tree, his footwork to run a full tree, and his understanding of routes in general. Because of this, I think he has more bust potential than five or six other WRs in this class. He was a bit gadgety at Arkansas. They knew how to use his athleticism but I'm not sure he learned how to be a professional WR and remains raw.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: '22 Rookie Thread

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:32 pm

It will be interesting to see where Burks lands, where on the NFL draft he is drafted and what the depth chart looks like where he lands. He has really climbed the boards this year.

My big question to put out is with his body, can Spiller be elite?
Last edited by Gator Sens on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:42 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:32 pm It will be interesting to see where Burks lands, where on the NFL draft he is drafted and what the depth chart looks like where he lands. He has really climbed the boards this year.

My big question to put out is with his body, cab Spiller be elite?
I need to watch more of him. When he runs he kind of looks like A Peterson but without the violence. Spiller flashes and you can see the talent but he also disappears at times. How much of that is him and how much of that is his supporting cast?

What's your specific concern about his body? Too lean?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:19 pm

bigbuck22 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:42 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:32 pm It will be interesting to see where Burks lands, where on the NFL draft he is drafted and what the depth chart looks like where he lands. He has really climbed the boards this year.

My big question to put out is with his body, cab Spiller be elite?
I need to watch more of him. When he runs he kind of looks like A Peterson but without the violence. Spiller flashes and you can see the talent but he also disappears at times. How much of that is him and how much of that is his supporting cast?

What's your specific concern about his body? Too lean?
I meant his body in a good way actually, he is a beast physically!

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:00 pm

Just for the WR group:

I like Burks a lot. It's not just the athleticism. His production with questionable QB play is straight up dominant in the SEC

I don't think he is in his own tier though. I like London almost as much with his incredible age adjusted production while competing with NFL WRs like Amon Ra and to a lesser extent Pittman. I also suspect London will get higher draft capital than Burks (though both round 1)

I'd have Garrett Wilson as the third and last of that tier with how smooth he looks getting separation. He'd probably be vying for 1 if JSN hadn't emerged this year and gone toe to toe with him but still he outproduced Olave at a younger age two years in a row

I like David Bell and Wandale Robinson as late first/early second targets with a few small school sleepers to keep an eye on in Jalen Tolbert (looks to be going day 2), Skyy Moore (hoping he can squeeze into day 2) and Khalil Shakir (he has production but really I just love his tape--I think he will rise closer to draft day and seems to be late day 2 even now)