Divisional Weekend Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Divisional Weekend Discussion

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:09 pm

Should be an absolutely incredible week after last week's stinker

Sunday (Rams Bucs and Chiefs Bills) in particular but I wouldn't count out the 49ers in Lambeau

I'm going Titans, Packers, Rams (hard to bet against Brady but that front 4 is the recipe to beat him) and Bills (hope I'm wrong but they are just locked in right now)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Divisional Weekend Discussion

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:05 pm

I've got CIN, BUF, GB and TB advancing. The only one I'm fairly confident in is GB though.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:11 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:05 pm I've got CIN, BUF, GB and TB advancing. The only one I'm fairly confident in is GB though.
This may look dumb in a week but I can't really see the Bengals win

I was higher than consensus on them (their offense) mainly all year but there's a reason pretty much every team to make a team playoff run does it after years of playoff failures

The Raiders game showed their inability to close games pretty clearly (like the Niners one a few weeks ago)

The Titans aren't the most inspiring 1 seed but at home off a bye I don't see them losing unless Tannehill throws the game away

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 pm

The Jimmy G implosion feels like it's coming.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:53 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 pm The Jimmy G implosion feels like it's coming.
IF he's able to take the field. Might be Lance time. :wtf:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:11 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:53 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 pm The Jimmy G implosion feels like it's coming.
Pretty sure Shanny already confirmed he'll be out there.

I agree on the Titans > Bengals call too, that Raiders win was hardly inspiring.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:13 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:11 pm

I agree on the Titans > Bengals call too, that Raiders win was hardly inspiring.
And the Bucs barely beat WFT last year? Doesn't mean anything.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:13 pm
mild wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:11 pm

And the Bucs barely beat WFT last year? Doesn't mean anything.
Their roster is not as good as the Titans top to bottom and the latter are coming off a bye

That means something

And closing out games has been a problem long before the Raiders

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:31 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:16 pm Their roster is not as good as the Titans top to bottom and the latter are coming off a bye

That means something

And closing out games has been a problem long before the Raiders
I would also say that the difference between Mike Vrabel and Zac Taylor as coaches - both in their ability to play to their rosters strengths, and to get their team ready to play on Sundays - is at least the difference between McVay and Kingsbury, or "pick-other-blowout-game-here".

We're talking about the presumptive COTY in Vrabel. If Derrick Henry is even -close- to full health (reports suggest: he is) then that seriously changes this matchup too.

Don't sleep on the Titans. They're the #1 seed for a reason.

And don't sleep on the Bengals being a cheap-@ss organisation that cuts corners, too. They literally sent -no scouts- to the Chargers/Raiders game in Week 18. Why? Because they didn't have scouts to send.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:37 pm

I think people are forgetting how good the Titans are with Henry and AJB healthy because they haven't both been at the same time all year. Even if he is 70% the Titans offense goes from competent to excellent instantly. Not sure how the Bengals defense is good enough. Only way I see CIN winning is if they get up big fast and force the Titans to play catch up.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:18 pm

Jimmy G in his 4 career playoff games, all coached by Kyle Shanahan with a great roster around him:

53-83, 63.8% cmp, 599 yards, 2 TD, 4 INT, 73.3 QB Rating.

Yet he is 3-1. That is 13 completions, 149 yards, 0.5 TD, 1 INT average per game. Hard to overstate just how bad he is.

The 49ers would have 1+ SBs in the last 5 years with merely above average QB play. Like Kirk Cousins level. bleep Shanny almost took the Falcons all the way with a much worse roster than the Niners had in 2019 and have now just because Matt Ryan is marginally above average at QB.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:27 pm

I am going Chiefs, Cincy, Packers and Rams. Chiefs and Packers because well... Cincy because I think Henry missing this much time will throw off their rythm and I think Burrow is just in a zone. The Rams because I think they are going to destroy the Bucs O line and as great as Tom is, he has never done well with pressure.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:25 pm

I'm curious to see if Brady can overcome the lack of receiving weapons to win it all again. Losing Godwin hurt, and that entire BA vs AB thing was BS. It may hurt their chances of another SB. :D
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:25 pm I'm curious to see if Brady can overcome the lack of receiving weapons to win it all again. Losing Godwin hurt, and that entire BA vs AB thing was BS. It may hurt their chances of another SB. :D
I thought we were done with the reverse Jinxes and doubting Brady

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:25 pm I'm curious to see if Brady can overcome the lack of receiving weapons to win it all again. Losing Godwin hurt, and that entire BA vs AB thing was BS. It may hurt their chances of another SB. :D
It would be both shocking AND unsurprising if he magics the rabbit out of his butt one more time.

But I do kind of fail to see it. This isn't the same team that went into Lambeau and won last year. They've been losing key players all over the map, including two top-tier receivers, an "iffy" to Leonard Fournette (aka the only back that scares you), and Wirfs and Jensen are banged up on the OL. The 2020 Superbowl Bucs were almost a picture of health; this is not that.

Brady's going to need to be superman. I guess that's still the same.

Meanwhile on the other side of the bracket, the Packers are potentially adding big-hitters all across the board. Bakhtiari, Whitney Merciless, Randall Cobb, and Za'darius Smith all are practicing and have a chance to play.

Going into Lambeau is going to be no-joke this year. I expect we'll see as such this Sunday with the 9ers.