Divisional Weekend Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Divisional Weekend Discussion

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:33 pm

Yess CEH

Make me look dumb for doubting

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:40 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:33 pm Yess CEH

Make me look dumb for doubting
I actually liked that sequence of moves after the catch on the sidelines more than the run. That was nasty. Nice cut to make the DB miss on the run too, but that catch and then the moves after impressed me more. Would have had the TD there too had Mahomes not thrown it at his head.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:43 pm

Great play by Mahomes to make up for the gimme he missed the play before.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:00 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:08 pm Agree regarding Aaron Jones. Thought the same thing as I was watching it. Perhaps he thought he could scored, before easily getting caught from behind.
You mean on the pass that didn't lead him down field? Where he had to stop and come back to the ball, with a defender running in full sprint not having to break stride? That play was on Rodgers for the underthrow no question.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:05 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:00 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:08 pm Agree regarding Aaron Jones. Thought the same thing as I was watching it. Perhaps he thought he could scored, before easily getting caught from behind.
You mean on the pass that didn't lead him down field? Where he had to stop and come back to the ball, with a defender running in full sprint not having to break stride? That play was on Rodgers for the underthrow no question.
It doesn't matter if the throw was a little off. Rodgers was rolling out in windy, snowy conditions, a perfect throw he may have scored. However after that, it's all up to Jones. It was a boneheaded play, no way to sugar coat it. He saw the safety had an angle and knew he had to slow up a bit to catch it. He needs to gain as many yards as he can, and get out of bounds. Period. Zero excuses for Jones not to get out of bounds. Zero. You should know that playing High School football. A seasoned vet like Jones, there is just no excuse not to get out of bounds. You know the situation, and the need to get out of bounds to save your last time out to have more plays available. A few extra yards, which he didn't get anyway, aren't a substitute for the loss of a time out.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:24 pmThe fact the 49ers are in the NFC title game is just bad for football. Their QB situation sucks, and ultimately if they somehow make the SB it will be a bad game for the neutral fan.
I think the 9ers getting this far is great for football. It separates true fans from people watching the names/colors on the jersey. It emphasizes that football is a true team game- not just the all-pro or pro_bowlers, top reserve and rotational players , but coaches- not just the HC, but the entire staff. It shows that an elite team cruising throughout the regular season can be knocked out if they aren't playing well. This isn't the NBA, where you can buy relevance with one superstar signing. One stat I heard was GB totaled 58 yards of offense (I think, though might've been passing) in the 2nd half. GB's offense failed to put the game away, and it wasn't simply on their ST.

A repeat of the SF-LAR late season match would be a treat for NFL fans.
Hayden Winks tweet wrote:We really coulda used a receiver like Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman instead of Jordan Love tonight.” - Rodgers
You could say either would have been better as a short term win now move AND better long term.

Didn't get a chance to watch much but heard quite a bit of the LAR TB game. Today was the first time all of their projected week one starters played. Announcers noted various defensive breakdowns due to miscommunication throughout the game, especially the defensive backfield on blitzes.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:53 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:59 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:00 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:25 am Just an all-time choke job by the Packers ST. Rodgers will of course get most of the focus, but he really didn't play poorly.

Have to think they're in for a rebuild here. Rodgers gone. Adams gone. Some players will probably be cut to get them under the cap since they're projected to be $44 million over.

NFL is probably praying that the Bucs and Chiefs win today.
At a score of 10 - 3, with about 6 minutes to play, GB with the ball, a couple of first downs could have helped GB win. Instead, the Packers lose 9 yards, and the block punt happens at their goal line.

Rodgers shares blame in this game as well as the ST. Bottom line, a championship QB helps makes plays in Championship games. Rodgers, for being one of the all time greats, again, doesn't get it done.
I agree that in a vacuum, the GB ST lost the game for them. Aaron Rodgers had done -enough- to win. But he -also- hadn't done enough to not lose... 10 pts in a Championship game doesn't cut it, and neither does 13 really.

Per Bob Sturm, long time Packers beat:
https://twitter.com/SportsSturm/status/ ... 19498?s=20

These Rodgers decisions looked a lot like the decisions he's made when he's lost in other playoffs, too. He locks in on Adams, and he stops trusting the scheme - at perhaps the most important moment of the season.

There will be excuses, but this loss is also very much on him.
Thanks, more evidence than I provided for why Rodgers shares blame for the loss.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm

You all look absolute SILLY for doubting my boy Jimmy G!

He only throws ~6 bad passes per game that can be intercepted. He almost threw 4 interceptions vs the Packers. HIS MAX IS SIX! He had two more to spare! MILES better than usual.

Doubt him again? Live and learn.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:41 pm

Guessing Gabriel Davis' stock is up after his record setting game.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:01 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm You all look absolute SILLY for doubting my boy Jimmy G!

He only throws ~6 bad passes per game that can be intercepted. He almost threw 4 interceptions vs the Packers. HIS MAX IS SIX! He had two more to spare! MILES better than usual.

Doubt him again? Live and learn.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to doubt him jussssst one more time...

My guess is you're going to have to manage at least 1x offensive touchdown to beat the Rams :lol:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:02 pm

And man, I have to say that's probably one of the most exciting games I've seen in a very long time. The lead changes at the end, then the Chiefs closing it out in OT without Allen even touching the ball.

Frankly, had Buffalo won the toss, I'm not sure the game wouldn't have ended the same way. Only with Buffalo driving down the field and getting a TD to send the Chiefs home.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:43 pm Great play by Tap Mahomes, my personal #3 QB in a startup.
I know one thing... anyone NOT taking Mahomes or Allen as their top QB if they were starting a franchise right now would be classified as downright koo-koo-krazy! You'd have to be nuts!

I mean, what other option even is there? Who else could you even possibly pick that you know -for certain- could go in and play a game like THAT against either of these dudes, in a must-win, do-or-die, season-is-over-if-we-lose kind of game...?

Truly, we are living in hallowed Quarterbacking times. I have huge respect for Josh Allen right now. Mahomes is still my #1 QB in the league with a bullet, and he just showed why - but Allen is right there. Wow.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:11 pm

DynastyDrum30 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 pm
DynastyDrum30 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:55 pm From an entertainment standpoint, this may be the worst wild card weekend I’ve ever seen. Non-competitive games, sloppy play, flags galore, refs screwing up. I sure hope arizona comes back and makes this interesting, because this just isn’t fun to watch.

Not looking likely.
This must be the football gods equalizing things since the regular season was as good as it was.
Maybe it’s an every other week thing now lol
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:26 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:06 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:43 pm Great play by Tap Mahomes, my personal #3 QB in a startup.
I know one thing... anyone NOT taking Mahomes or Allen as their top QB if they were starting a franchise right now would be classified as downright koo-koo-krazy! You'd have to be nuts!

I mean, what other option even is there? Who else could you even possibly pick that you know -for certain- could go in and play a game like THAT against either of these dudes, in a must-win, do-or-die, season-is-over-if-we-lose kind of game...?

Truly, we are living in hallowed Quarterbacking times. I have huge respect for Josh Allen right now. Mahomes is still my #1 QB in the league with a bullet, and he just showed why - but Allen is right there. Wow.
I think Burrow is a season or two away from being there. Next week he gets to go and prove he belongs. Not sure if your talking real life franchise, but fantasy wise the Murrays and Jacksons have to be considered for their rushing upside. I agree with you though, you wouldnt take any of those guys right now over Mahomes/Allen.

I'm more impressed with how quickly Allen changed the course of his career, ik its been talked about, but just a few seasons ago he was labeled a bust (rightly so IMO) and seemingly turned it on a dime and is now being discussed as one of the best QB's in the game.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:27 pm

That was one of the greatest games I think I've ever seen in my life.