Mark Ingram

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
BradyT
Legend
Legend

Mark Ingram

Postby BradyT » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:11 am

53 carries for 184 yards so far(3.47 avg), 1 TD, non-factor in the passing game. Ingram Dosn´t look impressive at all. Thoughts?
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mark Ingram

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:47 am

BradyT wrote:53 carries for 184 yards so far(3.47 avg), 1 TD, non-factor in the passing game. Ingram Dosn´t look impressive at all. Thoughts?
I'd be a tad annoyed if I paid a lot to get him. But I'd be hoping (maybe falsely) that PT gets dealt in the off-season. PT is getting 10 touches a game which is just enough to knock Ingram from RB2 status to flex status IMO. Couple that with the fact that Peyton doesn't seem willing historically to give anyone more than about 200 carries anyway.

Ingram is a solid all around player who does nothing spectacular. I think he's a workhorse NLF player and a solid fantasy contributor. But he's never going to be a top guy. I'm beginning to think Ryan Grant. . .but that's not all bad.

DyeNasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DyeNasty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 pm

I liked him pre injury, but then last year I thought he was the second best back for the tide. I also had him ranked as the 2nd or 3rd back pre draft. Everyone got excited when he landed in NO and his stock rose even more to where people over paid for him. I kinda saw this coming as I think NO is a terrible situation for rb's unless the guy is a gadget guy like sproles who is the only one having success.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Try being the guy in my league that traded Matt Forte for the #1 pick so they could draft Ingram. Sure glad AJ was there at #2 for me :D
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:06 pm

I know it's passe to look back and say you were right about something, but I was always disappointed that he went to NO. Many thought it was a great fit for him, but I thought it was the complete opposite. Once NO drafted him, I immediately bumped him down below AJ (#1) and Julio (#2) on my board. I did still have him 3rd though, and he's been quite a disappointment thus far for the 3rd rookie pick.

Pierre Thomas isn't dead, and with him and Sproles they have 2 options that they use more in the passing game. NO has a 3 headed RBBC going right now, and the only one worth using is Sproles in a PPR league.

He's still young though, and obviously the jury is very much still out on how he'll turn out.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 am

justinkilmer wrote:Try being the guy in my league that traded Matt Forte for the #1 pick so they could draft Ingram. Sure glad AJ was there at #2 for me :D
Wow. That was a terrible deal. Goes to show the crazy prices people will pay in May for the 1.01.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:04 am

Water Buffalo wrote:I know it's passe to look back and say you were right about something, but I was always disappointed that he went to NO. Many thought it was a great fit for him, but I thought it was the complete opposite. Once NO drafted him, I immediately bumped him down below AJ (#1) and Julio (#2) on my board. I did still have him 3rd though, and he's been quite a disappointment thus far for the 3rd rookie pick.

Pierre Thomas isn't dead, and with him and Sproles they have 2 options that they use more in the passing game. NO has a 3 headed RBBC going right now, and the only one worth using is Sproles in a PPR league.

He's still young though, and obviously the jury is very much still out on how he'll turn out.
I think that's generally correct.

I too had Ingram behind Green, but said I'd take him 1.01 in a non-PPR without hesitation if I needed a RB. The thing is there just isn't much upside. I think Ingram will be a solid workhorse for years in the league, but will never be an elite guy. But having a good, dependable RB2/flex player is valuable and worth a high draft pick. Ingram seemed like a "safe" pick to me. So far he's underwhelming, but it's only week 5.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:32 am

I traded up to get the 1.3 and was hoping Ingram fell because my pitiful RB situation, but a guy in my league traded ray rice for the 1.2, 1.7 and mike bush, and took Ingram at 1.2 and i was "stuck" with aj green. I was disapointed at the time, just because I needed, and still need a RB, but AJ Green is a great consolation, and couldnt be happier. Its hard to say if Ingram will ever be much, but it takes time, so Ingram owners must be patient for a little while longer.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 am

tstafford wrote:I too had Ingram behind Green, but said I'd take him 1.01 in a non-PPR without hesitation if I needed a RB. The thing is there just isn't much upside. I think Ingram will be a solid workhorse for years in the league, but will never be an elite guy. But having a good, dependable RB2/flex player is valuable and worth a high draft pick. Ingram seemed like a "safe" pick to me. So far he's underwhelming, but it's only week 5.
Agreed entirely here. My team had a gaping hole at RB and pretty much my entire league assumed I would add Ingram. However he didn't have that something special to him that I saw in AJ Green and I went with the WR. It is way too early to pass judgment on Ingram based on his number to this point but he will be a very reliable RB2 at worst.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:25 pm

A lot of it comes down to:

1) He is a rookie without the benefit of the offseason due to lockout. Patience!
2) The way Sean Payton is using Ingram, Sproles, and PT has a LOT to do with Ingram's YPC. Don't really feel like pulling out stats I've seen thus far 'cuz I'm lazy (scour the internet), but defenses pretty much know to put 7 or 8 in the box when Ingram is in. Until Payton lines him up in some of the same personnel formations as PT and Sproles and/or getting Ingram going in the passing game, his usage will continue to be predictable.

If you have watched any live footage of him, he looks tough to bring down and makes tough yards. He is not polished completely yet as the Saints' O is complex, but I have faith he'll get it together. Oh yeah, those other RB's aren't dogmeat, but I think Ingram is the best talent, and talent always rises. :thumbup:

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:56 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:A lot of it comes down to:

1) He is a rookie without the benefit of the offseason due to lockout. Patience!
2) The way Sean Payton is using Ingram, Sproles, and PT has a LOT to do with Ingram's YPC. Don't really feel like pulling out stats I've seen thus far 'cuz I'm lazy (scour the internet), but defenses pretty much know to put 7 or 8 in the box when Ingram is in. Until Payton lines him up in some of the same personnel formations as PT and Sproles and/or getting Ingram going in the passing game, his usage will continue to be predictable.

If you have watched any live footage of him, he looks tough to bring down and makes tough yards. He is not polished completely yet as the Saints' O is complex, but I have faith he'll get it together. Oh yeah, those other RB's aren't dogmeat, but I think Ingram is the best talent, and talent always rises. :thumbup:
It doesn't look like the Saints pass much when Ingram is in the game. Defenses are able to stack the line when he is in, and are overpowering the O-line.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:27 am

Here's something to mull over. Sometimes I like to sniff around a team's forum to see what the local fans who are more plugged in feel about certain players. I'm not a Saints fan and do not follow them, so let them do the work, right? :lol:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/ingra ... ox-209660/

At the very least, this thread is interesting discussion.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:55 am

I think it's far too early to write him off. When he got drafted by the saints, I thought people's expectations for him should be tempered in terms of immediate production. And, as was stated before, No offseason coming into a complex offense, is going to be a steep learning curve. I think he looks bad in comparison to some of the other rookie performances, Newton, AJ and Julio, and frankly, I'm shocked there have been so many good rookies with no training camp. I think the lack of camp particularly hurts him because the saints ask rbs to do so much. IF he has a lack luster first season, I think he could be a great buy low going into the offseason.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm buying; not selling Ingram.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars