Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:23 pm

mild wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:26 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:59 pm That 24 year old QB has a 35 year old center and 32 year old RT.
They also lost 7 starters 5 on defense.

I doubt they even repeat as division winners this season.

Okay back to the Hurts party!
Spot the Cowboys fan everyone!

Mike McCarthy is your personal Jesus and I love that for you. :thumbup:

OK back to the Hurts party!
Hell Yes and I hope the Miserable Eagles and Deplorable Giants lose every game!

Mike McCarthy please pray for their miserable souls to take their future defeats like normal humans! :pray:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:26 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:23 pm Hell Yes and I hope the Miserable Eagles and Deplorable Giants lose every game!
Well, 1-for-2 ain't bad...

Jalen Hurts: still quite good.

Greatest Goal Line back in the game. 8-)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:05 pm

Howdy fam,

Been a while around these here parts. Our boy Jalen is alive and well. But hark, what is this 'pon yonder horizon...

Per Diana Russini:
- Roger Goodell does not like the Tush Push, and would like to see this play banned permanently
- Goodell does have quite a lot of sway when it comes to voting on rule reform
- it will be going before the Competition Committee again
- the CC has representatives from all 3 other NFC East teams but not the Eagles
- it's quite likely this goes to an Ownership Vote again
So, to all those Hurts h8ers that have longed for his Tush-Pushing reign of terror to end - it sounds like you might finally get your wish in 2024. :boohoo:

Personally? Not worried. Phil Rivers and Tom Brady and many others made absolute mince-meat of the league on goal line QB sneaks... and none of them were the physical specimen that Jalen Hurts is. He's still going to get his, but perhaps the conversion percentage will be -slightly- less automatic.

Discuss.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:58 pm

I would say, he'll still get a lot of QB sneaks, but there will be times where they give it the the RB, if the tush push is no more. It will affect him, for a few TD's a year, but I don't think it's a reason to drop him down a tier, or anything.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:00 am

RBs really have it tough: short careers, small contracts, and now they can't even grope their QB.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:58 pmIt will affect him, for a few TD's a year, but I don't think it's a reason to drop him down a tier, or anything.
++
killer_of_giants wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:00 amRBs really have it tough: short careers, small contracts, and now they can't even grope their QB.
:lol:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:59 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:00 am RBs really have it tough: short careers, small contracts, and now they can't even grope their QB.
I wouldn't count that chicken just yet dawg :thumbup:

They have at least a few more weeks of groping

And possibly many more years if it once again gets voted down

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:38 pm

I heard they tried to put a TE/RB POV of the Tush Push (HighQuality) picture set on sale....but there was only a Mild interest.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:38 pm I heard they tried to put a TE/RB POV of the Tush Push (HighQuality) picture set on sale....but there was only a Mild interest.
It's always nice to know others are thinking of me :D

♥ Luv u 2 FantasyFreak ♥

As for those High Quality Jalen Butt pics... well... you're a creep... you got caught! :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:35 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:00 am RBs really have it tough: short careers, small contracts, and now they can't even grope their QB.
Good news Jalen Hurts fans! Groping remains ON THE MENU.

I'm delighted to say that my post concerning Goodell wanting to ban the tush push was wrong.

via Tom Pelissero:
The Tush Push play also was discussed; Troy Vincent makes a point to say a report that Roger Goodell wants to ban the play was false.

More Vincent on the Tush Push: “Philly does it better than everyone else; that’s a fact. … You don’t want to punish anyone for doing something well.”

Not enough data to substantiate a greater injury risk on the play.
#adjusttheranks #groping #thenewcamnewton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:25 am

mild wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:35 pm
Good news Jalen Hurts fans! Groping remains ON THE MENU.

I'm delighted to say that my post concerning Goodell wanting to ban the tush push was wrong.

via Tom Pelissero:
The Tush Push play also was discussed; Troy Vincent makes a point to say a report that Roger Goodell wants to ban the play was false.

More Vincent on the Tush Push: “Philly does it better than everyone else; that’s a fact. … You don’t want to punish anyone for doing something well.”

Not enough data to substantiate a greater injury risk on the play.
#adjusttheranks #groping #thenewcamnewton
"I want to hear how people feel about it," Goodell said. "A lot of it's 'I like' or 'don't like,' I think we want to look at, is there enough data to talk about the safety of it? Are there other aspects that we need to think about? A lot of coaches talked last year about innovation would come off of that play. I'd like to take a look back at that. Has that really occurred? Listen, I think in anything it's important to hear the different perspectives. Let the committee do their work. I'll be able to participate in that, and I'm sure we'll have a position by March."

This stuff gets decided in the off season, not now. I personally don't care if they get rid of it or not, though I think it's a boring and stupid play, and think if they allow it, the D should also be allowed to do certain things to stop it that they aren't currently allowed to do.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:54 am

Jalen is still good but he isn't as good as last year. More mistakes. Maybe their stupid rugby play is starting to take its toll.

A bit surprised he hasn't been speared yet in the helmet on that play. The league will ultimately ban it. Too much danger and the lineman jump off sides a tick early on that play too often.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:55 am

Ice wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:54 am Jalen is still good but he isn't as good as last year. More mistakes. Maybe their stupid rugby play is starting to take its toll.

A bit surprised he hasn't been speared yet in the helmet on that play. The league will ultimately ban it. Too much danger and the lineman jump off sides a tick early on that play too often.
DC's and defender should, and will start doing more. I don't understand why a defender hasn't jumped offsides before the snap, plowing Kelce into hurts, trying to jump the snap count. Do that a few times in a row, I'm sure a lot of fun will ensue. :lol:

I mean, you only lose half a yard, and the 2nd time, a quarter of a yard. So you either get a good jump on the snap, or knock Kelce back into hurts and get a free shot on them.

I'd also put all the DT's I roster out there, and put them over the center.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:58 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:54 am Jalen is still good but he isn't as good as last year. More mistakes.
Whilst true, let's not lose the forest for the trees:

This is still the QB2 in Fantasy in 2023, and he and Allen (and perhaps Dak) represent a clear tier-break of scoring above the rest of the Fantasy field.

Through 14 weeks:

Josh Allen - 321.4 pts
Jalen Hurts - 301.8 pts
Dak - 278.8 pts
Lamar - 259.9 pts
Brock Purdy - 256.9 pts

The reality is? None of the top 5 Dynasty QB's from last offseason have been "better" in 2023 - not even Allen. (He's still sllllllightly behind on his 2022 pace to this point of the season)

(Edit: actually, our favourite player Lamar has stayed healthy and had a much better season... Burrow and Herbert tho... eeesh...)

If you really want to harvest some panic, then I suggest bumping the Mahomes thread. He's almost a full 100 pts below his 2022 pace right now. (331 vs. 246 pts through 14 weeks)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:50 am

mild wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:58 pm
Ice wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:54 am Jalen is still good but he isn't as good as last year. More mistakes.
Whilst true, let's not lose the forest for the trees:

This is still the QB2 in Fantasy in 2023, and he and Allen (and perhaps Dak) represent a clear tier-break of scoring above the rest of the Fantasy field.

Through 14 weeks:

Josh Allen - 321.4 pts
Jalen Hurts - 301.8 pts
Dak - 278.8 pts
Lamar - 259.9 pts
Brock Purdy - 256.9 pts

The reality is? None of the top 5 Dynasty QB's from last offseason have been "better" in 2023 - not even Allen. (He's still sllllllightly behind on his 2022 pace to this point of the season)

(Edit: actually, our favourite player Lamar has stayed healthy and had a much better season... Burrow and Herbert tho... eeesh...)

If you really want to harvest some panic, then I suggest bumping the Mahomes thread. He's almost a full 100 pts below his 2022 pace right now. (331 vs. 246 pts through 14 weeks)
You really missed your calling as a politician.