Daniel Jones

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: Daniel Jones

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Aren't they still paying Kenny G millions to play the saxophone?

Agreed that they didn't sign any splashy WR, but there wasn't much to choose from the FA pool. Easy passes on Juju/Jakobi/Lazard. It's more about quantity than quality in NYG as they know they're just going to drop like flies once the season starts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:48 am It will be interesting to see what Barkley does this year, no doubt. I don't understand why now, on 2 threads, the conversation is diverting into RB's contracts, structure, and what "should" or shouldn't be done, it's really not that relevant. We can't do anything about it, no sense spinning our wheels about theoretical changes to the cap, CBA etc.

IF we're talking about the Dynasty context of when to trade a RB, or move off him, then looking at contracts and structures apply. Regardless, I am curious to see how DJ looks in year 2 with BD. I also wonder why they didn't try and improve their WR's a lot more than they did, because it's a really weak depth chart.
Of course it's relevant, and it's natural to talk about it considering it's one of the biggest league topics heading into training camp this week.

But the other part of it is that there's a scenario where it causes Jacobs and Barkley to both sit out games. And who knows? It may be something that happens next year too with Jonathan Taylor. Le'Veon Bell was the first test case, but we may venture off into a new norm where RBs start sitting out games or even an entire season after being franchise tagged and that of course significantly affects how we play dynasty.

If someone owns Jonathan Taylor right now as he heads into a contract year with no long-term deal....are you considering moving him based on what's happening?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:48 am It will be interesting to see what Barkley does this year, no doubt. I don't understand why now, on 2 threads, the conversation is diverting into RB's contracts, structure, and what "should" or shouldn't be done, it's really not that relevant. We can't do anything about it, no sense spinning our wheels about theoretical changes to the cap, CBA etc.

IF we're talking about the Dynasty context of when to trade a RB, or move off him, then looking at contracts and structures apply. Regardless, I am curious to see how DJ looks in year 2 with BD. I also wonder why they didn't try and improve their WR's a lot more than they did, because it's a really weak depth chart.
Of course it's relevant, and it's natural to talk about it considering it's one of the biggest league topics heading into training camp this week.

But the other part of it is that there's a scenario where it causes Jacobs and Barkley to both sit out games. And who knows? It may be something that happens next year too with Jonathan Taylor. Le'Veon Bell was the first test case, but we may venture off into a new norm where RBs start sitting out games or even an entire season after being franchise tagged and that of course significantly affects how we play dynasty.

If someone owns Jonathan Taylor right now as he heads into a contract year with no long-term deal....are you considering moving him based on what's happening?
I know I am concerned on the fantasy front as my starting RB's in one of my main leagues are Jacobs, Barkley, & Pollard.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:48 am I am curious to see how DJ looks in year 2 with BD. I also wonder why they didn't try and improve their WR's a lot more than they did, because it's a really weak depth chart.
I think they tried - they just got out-maneuvered, especially in the draft. I thought for sure they were eyeing one of the top WR's at #24 overall, and with all 4 still on the board at pick #20, I was liking our chances.

And then JSN, QJ, Addison, and Flowers went b2b2b2b. :lol:

If we're talking about, say, Addison and Waller as our two big offensive additions right now - I'd be feeling a lot better... but alas.

Turning Toney into Waller was still a move I liked. They've got a mountain of slot guys that I trust BD to deploy.

I agree with Antman that they'll look to be opportunistic when the right WR presents itself - they'll know just as well as we do here that they (likely) haven't got their WR1 of the future yet.
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:54 pm If someone owns Jonathan Taylor right now as he heads into a contract year with no long-term deal....are you considering moving him based on what's happening?
I'm ready to buy that dip if anyone's selling. That dude is a freak talent.

I do expect him to "hold in" this training camp, though. He might as well - his leverage isn't going to get any better, not even if he leads the league in rushing... and the Colts actually *need* him this year to help carry the load whilst they break in AR.

That's about as good as RB leverage gets in 2023.
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:25 pm Aren't they still paying Kenny G millions to play the saxophone?
We did indeed pay him a final $4.5mil to f--- off.

He ends his Giants tenure with 41 receptions for 600 yards, and around $40mil dollars - just under 1 million per catch.

Beautiful stuff. :lol:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:21 pm

Team 1 in sig. 12tm, 1qb. I have Tua and Lamar as my top 2 QB.

I know I don't need a third QB but I usually try to carry a third if at all possible. But at this point, I'm thinking DJ is cuttable. I've been a Danny Dimes guy for a while now, but I think I'm ready to cut the cord.

1) If I want to cut Danny ONLY if I can get a better replacement, are any of these guys a better dynasty/keeper QB? Dobbs/AOC/Heinike

2) Because of positional limits, if I dropped DJ, I cannot pick up a RB or WR. This is not TEP and I have Goedert. If I went with 2QB, is there a point to picking up an IDP or a TE (TE25 or lower) with that roster spot?

Oh, and I need to cut Akers too. But that's not a problem because I'll just pick up some crappy RB and hope I don't have to use him. At least I know I'll have a RB spot available for the rookie draft.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:58 am

starting only 6 IDPs you don't really need an IDP bench. though positional limits (bleurgh) might make that a half necessity.

anyway, i'd pick dobbs: lamar doesn't do fantasy playoffs, so you might want to hedge there. dobbs ain't good but has a running floor and good weapons.

although now you might need a TE.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:33 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:58 am starting only 6 IDPs you don't really need an IDP bench. though positional limits (bleurgh) might make that a half necessity.

anyway, i'd pick dobbs: lamar doesn't do fantasy playoffs, so you might want to hedge there. dobbs ain't good but has a running floor and good weapons.
Dobby might be the choice. He could be what Danny was supposed to be.
killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:58 amalthough now you might need a TE.
:evil:
It's impossible to put together a stable roster in fantasy. Every time I turn around somebody's getting injured!

Fortunately this isn't a TEP league so I can add an undependable TE24ish guy and be okay. I'm one of the top three highest-scoring teams and riding a 6-game winning streak that will turn to a 7-game winning streak tonight with one more point. My TE scoring has been a non-factor in my wins and losses, so I'm okay if I don't have a reliable guy. Of course, I'd rather have someone good manning the position.

I can put Goedert in IR and use his spot for a junk replacement TE. Hopefully, Goedert returns for the fantasy playoffs. I'll be in the running for a first-round bye, so that would help me hold out.

EDIT: I also have Logan Thomas, who hasn't been updated onto the sig yet. I'll probably just ride him until Goedert and/or Friermuth return.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:30 pm

Looking like the offseason where this regime will have to take a QB. Too many question marks about Jones now.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:06 pm

I don't want to say career ender, but it's not good

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:07 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:30 pm Looking like the offseason where this regime will have to take a QB. Too many question marks about Jones now.
I pray that we do.

10 month injury here for Jones on the optimistic side - no shot he's ready for OTA's and probably not Training Camp either.

His big deal has a 2 year escape hatch - so, end of next season.

Bring on the new era. :boohoo:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:54 pm

Look at it.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

It's so beeeeautiful.

Please Giants:

Don't f--- this up.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:01 pm

mild wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:54 pm Look at it.

It's so beeeeautiful.

Please Giants:

Don't f--- this up.
They’ll find a way to mess it up

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:06 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:01 pm

It's so beeeeautiful.

Please Giants:

Don't f--- this up.
I’m not sure how they win another game with DeVito at QB. Poor kid just isn’t ready, not his fault. What will be interesting is what they do to Saquon the rest of the way
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:14 pm

TheTroll wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:06 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:01 pm They’ll find a way to mess it up
I’m not sure how they win another game with DeVito at QB. Poor kid just isn’t ready, not his fault. What will be interesting is what they do to Saquon the rest of the way
DD probably has the correct attitude.

Tyrod Taylor thinks he's coming back this season.

And the remaining schedule is full of dumb teams that we could easily accidentally beat.

@ Commanders
vs. Patriots
vs. Packers
@ Saints
@ Eagles
vs. Rams
vs. Eagles

Patriots in Week 12 will mean *everything* for that pick seeding. I pray to god that we're stilling starting Zito Devito at that point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:18 pm

TheTroll wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:06 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:01 pm

It's so beeeeautiful.

Please Giants:

Don't f--- this up.
They might as well play Danny DeVito.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick