Tua Tagovailoa Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Tua Named stater

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:30 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:14 pm What did people think of Tua against the Chiefs? Felt like a breakout game against a team who doesn't give away a lot of big plays (I'm pretty sure I've read that about the Chiefs but I could be wrong).

QB isn't an area I'm that skilled at breaking down but I thought he took more shots this game, he threw some receivers open rather than waiting till they were already open, I'm very excited if for him going forward if the Dolphins can somehow score Chase with the Texans pick in the draft because he did this with mediocre receiving options seeing as though Preston is out and Parker got injured again. Get him some weapons and the further development of Gesicki and I'm very optimistic going into the 2021 season.
I think hes looked good. He doesn't seem to look flustered in big moments and like you said, he can throw receivers open. He badly needs some weapons around him and imagine the dolphins will take some WR and an RB fairly early.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:46 am

Tua has looked as good as any of this years rookies. Consider this while you look, he hasn't had his 2 top receivers available for 2/3rds of his games. Hasn't had either of those wr's for 1/3rd of his games and has had his starting rb in only 2 games. That chiefs game was a 1 score loss. They had Washington at RB who is 5th on the depth chart. No Williams, Parker left in the 2nd quarter and no Gesicki for most of the 4th quarter. If you cant be impressed with how he played I am not sure what impresses you.

Tua's the real deal and so is Miami. Supported by that defense and some weapons getting healthy on offense while still contending for a playoff spot? They could get scary fast.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:05 am

CGW wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:30 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:14 pm What did people think of Tua against the Chiefs? Felt like a breakout game against a team who doesn't give away a lot of big plays (I'm pretty sure I've read that about the Chiefs but I could be wrong).

QB isn't an area I'm that skilled at breaking down but I thought he took more shots this game, he threw some receivers open rather than waiting till they were already open, I'm very excited if for him going forward if the Dolphins can somehow score Chase with the Texans pick in the draft because he did this with mediocre receiving options seeing as though Preston is out and Parker got injured again. Get him some weapons and the further development of Gesicki and I'm very optimistic going into the 2021 season.
I think hes looked good. He doesn't seem to look flustered in big moments and like you said, he can throw receivers open. He badly needs some weapons around him and imagine the dolphins will take some WR and an RB fairly early.
They addressed their line and fixed their defense in last years draft. This is the perfect draft to surround Tua with weapons.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:55 pm

briank wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:05 am

They addressed their line and fixed their defense in last years draft. This is the perfect draft to surround Tua with weapons.
Imagine if the Dolphins manage to get Chase...he's actually being mocked there on CBS right now. I don't think it's necessarily even that crazy to think they could land both Chase and one of Etienne/Harris.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 pm

hoos89 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:55 pm

Imagine if the Dolphins manage to get Chase...he's actually being mocked there on CBS right now. I don't think it's necessarily even that crazy to think they could land both Chase and one of Etienne/Harris.
They have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. I don't think it's crazy to think that they spend 3 of them on weapons. I don't think either of those RB are worthy of a 1st round pick, but that early 2nd might be a good place to take one.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:27 pm

briank wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 pm
hoos89 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:55 pm

They have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. I don't think it's crazy to think that they spend 3 of them on weapons. I don't think either of those RB are worthy of a 1st round pick, but that early 2nd might be a good place to take one.
My dream for Tua as I mentioned in another thread is someone like Godwin, to go along with a speed guy like Waddle with the 2nd 1st rnd pick, I'd also be happy with both Chase and Waddle in the first but that is a lot of capital to use on WR's in one draft although I do believe in both those guys and think they can be very good.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:53 pm

One thing I heard/read recently is the coaching staff found he's more comfortable in a hurry up offense. The prospect of both an increase in efficiency and offensive snap volume is very appealing.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:53 pm One thing I heard/read recently is the coaching staff found he's more comfortable in a hurry up offense. The prospect of both an increase in efficiency and offensive snap volume is very appealing.
I find it interesting sometimes how experts talk about the game slowing down over time for players, I wonder if for some the hurry up offence doesn't give the QB time to overthink and just play naturally if that makes sense? As in if you slow down the game you actually get the opposite affect, sounds weird but just a thought, I remember (eye test bias here) Baker did most of his best work in 2 minute drills in his rookie year.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:46 pm

Imagine if he got one of the bama WRs and Harris...it would be a great reunion!
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:09 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:06 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:53 pm One thing I heard/read recently is the coaching staff found he's more comfortable in a hurry up offense. The prospect of both an increase in efficiency and offensive snap volume is very appealing.
I find it interesting sometimes how experts talk about the game slowing down over time for players, I wonder if for some the hurry up offence doesn't give the QB time to overthink and just play naturally if that makes sense? As in if you slow down the game you actually get the opposite affect, sounds weird but just a thought, I remember (eye test bias here) Baker did most of his best work in 2 minute drills in his rookie year.
All rookies prefer hurry ups. While it limits the offensive plays available it also limits the defense, simplifying reads by taking away much of the disguises NFL defenses use. Those reads and disguises are the biggest learning curve for QB's.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Yarnith wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:09 pm
AussieMate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:06 pm
All rookies prefer hurry ups. While it limits the offensive plays available it also limits the defense, simplifying reads by taking away much of the disguises NFL defenses use. Those reads and disguises are the biggest learning curve for QB's.
Thanks for that, good information to have.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Tua Tagovailoa

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:23 am

Couldn't find a Tua-specific thread.

Lately, Tua's getting tied to Watson, but curious on thoughts about him specifically- player development, recovery from injury, long term prospects, whatever.

I liked Chan Gailey getting hired as the OC. While the offense put up numbers, it seemed uninspiring. Now, he's gone.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/03/dolph ... dont-panic

"The immediate reaction to Sunday’s performance [week 17] doesn’t consider a notably conservative game plan that has dogged Tagovailoa this year, along with at least 11 dropped or fumbled balls (as The Miami Herald noted Sunday)."
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Tua Tagovailoa

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:03 am

Dolphins fan here so take it as you will

He had in the grand scheme of things an okay to good rookie year. It just gets viewed so poorly bc

A. He was a rookie on a team that was borderline playoffs with a perfectly capable vet leading to him being benched in tight games. Fwiw most teams with rookie qbs win at most 8ish games and are well outta the playoffs.
B. Herbert and burrow were legitimately that amazing. Those rookies years are two of the best ever and they came in the same year.

As a player he showed several traits you'd like to see, good touch, pocket presence, mobility, seemed recovered. And some bad, middling deep ball and velocity, didn't like to take risks, good punked by D schemes sometimes, did not wanna throw people open. Very very standard rookie issues.

Not enough to really change his value from last year, but due to A LOT of qbs having there values tank off injuries, poor play or age he moved up in overall qb ranks.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:07 am

I think most of the "disappointment" with Tua due to the exceptional years by Burrow, Herbert, and the flash in the pan that was Hurts. Tua was coming off a major hip injury with no preseason. In games that I saw with him he seemed to have poise and confidence in the pocket. I think he will continue to develop nicely and expect to see a very different sophomore season.

Being tied to a trade for Watson, I think how I feel about the trade really depends on what the actual trade would be. If he stays put in Miami I have a feeling that Miami will use their draft capital to surround him with some more talent (WR and RB) and continue to build his line. If he is traded to Houston, I think it depends on how much else is sent with him. I think the current Houston weapons are better than Miami, but houston also needs a better o-line.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:18 am

I had Tua on my bench down the stretch in one of my main leagues because I was looking for a young QB to keep on my team and the thing I noticed was the play calling being super conservative. He also was a rookie with Jakeem Grant and Lynn Bowden to throw to while Herbert had Keenan, Burrow had Boyd and Higgins and AJG. Give him some weapons and an OC who would like to see him succeed and I think he could be great. If the Dolphins take Chase or Smith at 1.3 and Parker can stay healthy, maybe he will excel.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0