Kadarius Toney Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kadarius Toney Thread

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:13 pm

Feels like a really weird move by the Chiefs... Youve got a healthy vet in Cooks (who is a field stretcher that can actually catch) that while more expensive on a dollars basis, probably a bigger contributor at an equal or less picks basis

Very odd for a contending team to trade a third and a sixth for a guy that has a handful of good games and a tonne of injuries to his name.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:48 pm Can the Chiefs give Toney a new body, along with a new start? As someone who rosters Toney, I'd like to think this is a good thing, but it really doesn't matter what team he's on if he's listed as "OUT" all the time. Mahomes is great, but not sure he can help a guy that's not on the field.
Here's the thing: I am almost completely buying the dark-horse theory gaining steam today that the hamstring was a fiction that both Toney and the Giants perpetuated, because it suited both sides.

Perhaps there really was one at some point - but what kind of a hammy pull takes 8 weeks to recover from? And what are the chances that during recovery, you then pull the other hammy? Like... perhaps that happened. But - we don't have to buy it, if we don't want to:
ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports Kadarius Toney's Thursday trade to the Chiefs came after the wideout and the Giants remained at a loggerheads over his health following a Wednesday meeting.

Raanan does not report the meeting was the sole reason Toney was traded, but it clearly didn't help. Toney apparently believed his troublesome hamstrings were "good," while the Giants evidently wanted to hold him out through their Week 9 bye. Now Toney is on bye for Week 8 with the Chiefs. The truth is, the Giants' post-Dave Gettleman/Joe Judge regime never seemed too interested in Toney's services. Regardless of who was right about Toney's latest issue, the issue is that there was always an issue. Toney's upside will be higher with Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City, but his downside remains 0.0.
"Week 9 Bye" aka the Trade Deadline. And for what it's worth? Toney agrees with this report.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:19 pm

I believe he hurt one hammy, and then pulled the other. So it wasn't one that he was recovering from for 8 weeks. If memory serves me, he was basically ready, or almost ready to come back at least a few weeks ago, then hurt the other one.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:22 pm

Had the "BLUE" (Giant) FLU ... Keep getting paid that way

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:46 pm

If he goes on to become a poor man's Hill I'm gonna be so sad.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:44 pm

Definitely a weird move. I’m assuming Giants management broke their finger accepting the offer. Feels equivalent to a mid 2nd to me considering they used a 6th to move up and there is already 1.5 years of rookie contract used up. I’m not overly familiar with what it takes to move up from a 3rd o a 2nd in the real world. Just guessing here.

I don’t see how he is going to stay healthy but I’m guessing the Chiefs are wanting to give him a Deebo-esque role as well. Which makes the rb situation even more dire for fantasy.

I haven’t watched much football this by war to be honest but teams seem to be forcing the chiefs into slot of short and underneath stuff. I could see with teams forcing the Chiefs into that situation, Chiefs are looking for a guy that can be really explosive after the catch and take advantage of the bind teams have put the Chiefs in. And it’s not a huge bind, KC is still the top scoring offense in the league I believe. But Toney would fit perfectly into a role where that forces defenses to move back up a little and open those deep shots back up for Mahommes.

Lots of speculation there but that’s my penny worth of thought
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:14 pm

He'll look good standing on the chief's sideline.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:21 am

mild wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:41 pm Perhaps there really was one at some point - but what kind of a hammy pull takes 8 weeks to recover from?
keenan allen's...

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:14 pm He'll look good standing on the chief's sideline.
or sitting, more like!

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:00 am

Shankopotamus wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:46 pm If he goes on to become a poor man's Hill I'm gonna be so sad.
I think this happens. I am a buyer for a second all day. The potential reward far outweighs the risk of a second. Clearly, the Chiefs feel they are missing something, and it isn't a coincidence the guy they traded for has shades of Tyreek in his game and in his moxy. Mahomes can unlock his potential in ways Jones would never be able to. Good real football deal for both teams.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:08 am

thebeast wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:00 am
Shankopotamus wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:46 pm If he goes on to become a poor man's Hill I'm gonna be so sad.
I think this happens. I am a buyer for a second all day. The potential reward far outweighs the risk of a second. Clearly, the Chiefs feel they are missing something, and it isn't a coincidence the guy they traded for has shades of Tyreek in his game and in his moxy. Mahomes can unlock his potential in ways Jones would never be able to. Good real football deal for both teams.
I think they're just tired of Skyy muffing punts. This puts Moore on the pine, moves Hardman back to PR, and adds another speed WR to run around on offense. The price does seem a tad high, but the talent is there.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:48 pm Can the Chiefs give Toney a new body, along with a new start? As someone who rosters Toney, I'd like to think this is a good thing, but it really doesn't matter what team he's on if he's listed as "OUT" all the time. Mahomes is great, but not sure he can help a guy that's not on the field.
I am not sure he was really injured, that will be the interesting thing to watch. Would not surprise me if he is magically healthy after the bye week......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:14 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:10 am
I am not sure he was really injured, that will be the interesting thing to watch. Would not surprise me if he is magically healthy after the bye week......
Amazing what playing for Mahomes can do for your body!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:02 am

I saw a deleted tweet of his that was basically him laughing at the prospect of him still being hurt. So in Toneys eyes (whatever that's worth) he's healthy

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:25 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:02 am
I saw a deleted tweet of his that was basically him laughing at the prospect of him still being hurt. So in Toneys eyes (whatever that's worth) he's healthy
Chiming in to agree with the conspiracy theory. I think him being out injured as long as he was (not that he was never hurt) was more about Daboll finding him detestable. There's a culture change going on with the Giants, and Toney did not fit the mold of the type of players the HC wants around.

Keep him inactive to keep him healthy, find a trade partner, and ship him out the door. Problem solved.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Kadarius Toney will wear number 19 with the Chiefs even though number 89 was available. Deebo Samuel also wears number 19. Therefore, Kadarius Toney is the new Deebo Samuel.

:wink: