Kadarius Toney Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Kadarius Toney Thread

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:12 pm
Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:16 pm This guy looks special. Could be a huge piece for KC. They're dialling him up quite a bit considering the notoriously complex offense he's learning (obviously Juju and Hardman injuries help) and he's making the absolute most of the touches.
He always has. Problem is, he's not able to stay healthy for any stretch of time. I think he's going to fill in for Hardman, when Hardman leaves. I mean, he was schemed open today. He didn't do anything on that jet sweep, or TD. That was all coaching. However he has shown "special" in the past. I think he is going to be treated like a COP RB. He's not an every down WR. He's going to have a snap/touch count, to try and maintain health, because he's shown no ability to be a full time player to this point in his career. Still better than CEH at this point, though. :boohoo:
I am wondering how many of his games missed due to "injury" weren't real. He became healthy thirty seconds after he was traded.

Definitely more risk with Toney than with most players. Almost feels like Josh Gordon again. The talent is clear, but the risk is also very real.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:01 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:53 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:12 pm
Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:16 pm This guy looks special. Could be a huge piece for KC. They're dialling him up quite a bit considering the notoriously complex offense he's learning (obviously Juju and Hardman injuries help) and he's making the absolute most of the touches.
He always has. Problem is, he's not able to stay healthy for any stretch of time. I think he's going to fill in for Hardman, when Hardman leaves. I mean, he was schemed open today. He didn't do anything on that jet sweep, or TD. That was all coaching. However he has shown "special" in the past. I think he is going to be treated like a COP RB. He's not an every down WR. He's going to have a snap/touch count, to try and maintain health, because he's shown no ability to be a full time player to this point in his career. Still better than CEH at this point, though. :boohoo:

I am wondering how many of his games missed due to "injury" weren't real.
He became healthy thirty seconds after he was traded.

Definitely more risk with Toney than with most players. Almost feels like Josh Gordon again. The talent is clear, but the risk is also very real.
Maybe one. He was injured. The issue was he wanted to come back 1 game before the Giants bye, said he was ready, and they wanted to play it safe, and give him the extra few weeks, given the nature of hammy's and Toney. No big conspiracy theory here.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:40 am

Definitely not a conspiracy , it was plain to see from the moment they drafted ( OVERdrafted) Wandale that the new regime wasn't all that in on Kadarius ( or Golladay ) malingering ways. Wandale too was injured but got back in before the bye week. Held out a practice or two w/ questionable status in weeks 7 & 8 but still played.

No way a team desperately needing WR help let's go of a talent like Kadarius unless it's a personal issue. Especially when he IS finally healthy & ready to play. Obviously the G-men wanted him out of the building to send a message. "We ARE winning w/o you , we don't want nor need you " Building a new culture and it's working. Best to get a fresh new start for both. Andy's buddy Kafka probably did his mentor a solid and recommended the Chiefs come get Toney. Bonus picks for NYG & they get him out of the NFC so he (Kadarius) doesn't come back to haunt them for the conference / divisional playoffs.

Time will tell if the trade was a mistake but I consider it a necessary move as he wasn't going to be his full potential in NY . Too much off the field drama which NY media loves to pour gasoline on the fire. Kansas City is the polar opposite & great system to just go play. Less places to get distracted by but we will see if Kadarius can bring consistency and availability.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:40 am

He seems to have found a home in KC. Time will tell for how long. Reid does seem to get the most out of WR's if they can play.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:23 am

Definitely looks to be a better fit in KC. I think if they can keep him mentally bought in he could be a great weapon for them long term. I would think playing in a high power offense led by Mahommes should help keep him on board.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:38 am

I think health may improve getting away from the Giants stadium as well. I’m not sold on Toney, but I could see him replacing Hardman. I don’t see this as an impact for Skyy. He’s waiting in like behind Juju. That’s his role and he’s not equipped to handle the other roles in this offense. I’m not sure he’ll ever be a fantasy stud, but I think he’ll be alright.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:09 am

Is anybody surprised he's missing time with a hamstring injury?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:09 am Is anybody surprised he's missing time with a hamstring injury?
Not surprised, yet still disappointed.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:35 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:48 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:09 am Is anybody surprised he's missing time with a hamstring injury?
Not surprised, yet still disappointed.
After a while, I stopped being disappointed.

It's like a kid who moves from Buffalo to Miami might be disappointed in his first year in Miami to discover there is no snow for christmas. After a while, he's not disappointed any more because there's never snow in Miami for xmas.

By now, I've learned there is no fantasy gold in Kadarius. Just fool's gold. And now I'm not disappointed to see things not work out, because I don't expect fantasy gold from him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:42 pm

Is this the dawning of the Age of Kadarius?
Juju is gone, Hardman gone. Do they add significant WRs in draft or FA or do they look toToney to step up?
I know the big IF is injury but maybe he can put together a healthy year and showcase his talent :pray:

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:46 pm

Bijan Robinson.

What about Skyy Moore?

natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby natjjohn » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:56 pm

I’m required to post this

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:03 pm

kadun2 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:42 pm Is this the dawning of the Age of Kadarius?
Juju is gone, Hardman gone. Do they add significant WRs in draft or FA or do they look toToney to step up?
I know the big IF is injury but maybe he can put together a healthy year and showcase his talent :pray:
It would be wise for KC to add a WR in the draft. Toney has missed 15 games in two years

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:16 pm

natjjohn wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:56 pm Image

I’m required to post this
Nice :clap:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:21 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:03 pm
kadun2 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:42 pm Is this the dawning of the Age of Kadarius?
It would be wise for KC to add a WR in the draft. Toney has missed 15 games in two years
Agreed, they have serious WR needs. Whether they go rookie or vet I don't know, but they can't possibly be happy with Toney/Skyy/MVS as the top 3. That depth chart is crazy weak.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def