Can Reggie Bush hold up?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Can Reggie Bush hold up?

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:14 pm

ESPN's Wendy Nix reports Dolphins coach Tony Sparano is "targeting" 20 touches for Reggie Bush on MNF against the Patriots.

Looks like the Phins are gonna give him RB1 touches. We shall see.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: Can Reggie Bush hold up?

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Reggie Bush carries the ball 11 times for 38 yards and caught nine passes for 56 yards and a touchdown in Miami's Week 1 loss to the Patriots.
ESPN's Wendi Nix reported that the Dolphins wanted to get Bush 20 touches, and he hit the number on the mark. Miami relied heavily on Bush to begin the game, but dialed back his runs as they fell behind. Reggie's TD came from two yards out on a swing pass. Lex Hillard - the only other back to see a carry (two) - got a goal-line touch, and don't expect Bush to get carries from the stripe. Tonight's game confirmed that Miami has made it a priority to get the ball in Bush's hand. He's a RB2 with a big boost in PPR leagues as long as he's healthy.

1 down 16 to go! :thumbup:

My league is 1/2 PPR and while his numbers weren't shockingly good he still managed 19 plus in my league.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Reggie Bush outlasted Knowshon Moreno...that's a sad, sad thing. :(

As to the question: Can he? Yes. Will he? No. :thumbdown:

I'll give him 6 games - tops. Nobody mentioned his knee condition on the telecast of the game vs. NE, but he didn't grow a new knee and that thing will give him trouble before too long. Fun to watch a healthy Reggie play, though, and I personally hope he is able to shake the injury bug. :)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Maybe getting off the NO turf will buy him an extra couple games?
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:15 am

I say NO! He will get crushed running between tackles...
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:38 am

melish1631 wrote:I say NO! He will get crushed running between tackles...
He's 1 inch taller and 5 lbs shorter then Lesean McCoy. McCoy got/gets knocked for not running between the tackles and he seems to be doing fairly well fantasy wise.

Bush will have to produce and stay healthy, but if he does he'll finish in the top ten at the RB position in fantasy.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:25 am

Running between the tackles is more than about size. It's about willing to get your nose dirty. Bush's Monday night game did nothing to convince people otherwise. He'll lose carries o someone eventually, he's a sell high.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Mangelo wrote:Running between the tackles is more than about size. It's about willing to get your nose dirty. Bush's Monday night game did nothing to convince people otherwise. He'll lose carries o someone eventually, he's a sell high.
Prophetic. :)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars