Cleveland Browns predictions

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Cleveland Browns predictions

Postby Shawn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:33 pm

A couple of us here are Browns fans (yes I know, insert joke here) :D , but I was just sitting around looking at the Browns schedule this year, thinking things could be pretty favorable for a run. Take a look at the first 11 games of their schedule.

2011 BROWNS SCHEDULE
Sunday, September 11 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00PM
Sunday, September 18 at Indianapolis Colts, 1:00PM
Sunday, September 25 vs. Miami Dolphins, 1:00PM
Sunday, October 2 vs. Tennessee Titans, 1:00PM
Sunday, October 9 Bye Week
Sunday, October 16 at Oakland Raiders, 4:05PM
Sunday, October 23 vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1:00PM
Sunday, October 30 at San Francisco 49ers, 4:15PM
Sunday, November 6 at Houston Texans, 1:00PM
Sunday, November 13 vs. St. Louis Rams, 1:00PM
Sunday, November 20 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1:00PM
Sunday, November 27 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00PM

Looking at these games here, the schedule looks pretty favorable doesn't it?? 2 games against the Bengals, a game against the Colts likely without Manning, and some pretty favorable home games and winnable road games. Is it far fetched to predict the Browns going something like 8-3 in this stretch??? I certainly don't see any sure losses in this particular stretch. What do you think???
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Cleveland Browns predictions

Postby hosler427 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 pm

with that schedule the Browns could make a playoff run

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Shawn wrote:
2011 BROWNS SCHEDULE
Sunday, September 11 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00PM Win
Sunday, September 18 at Indianapolis Colts, 1:00PM Loss
Sunday, September 25 vs. Miami Dolphins, 1:00PM Win
Sunday, October 2 vs. Tennessee Titans, 1:00PM Loss
Sunday, October 9 Bye Week
Sunday, October 16 at Oakland Raiders, 4:05PM Win
Sunday, October 23 vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1:00PM Loss (you know it)
Sunday, October 30 at San Francisco 49ers, 4:15PM Win
Sunday, November 6 at Houston Texans, 1:00PM Loss
Sunday, November 13 vs. St. Louis Rams, 1:00PM Loss
Sunday, November 20 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1:00PM Win
Sunday, November 27 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00PM Loss
So PIT and BAL are 4 losses then? Not on your schedule? I guess I'd have them down for 5-7 wins. They can beat the Colts if Collins starts week 2. I think the Titans could go either way. I think the Rams are better than people think and will beat them. I think the Bengals will be tougher later in the year after Dalton gains more experience. Divisional games are tough, so I have a split with Cincy. They could certainly steal a game from PIT or BAL, but I'll pencil in some losses. The passing-game isn't going to be enough of a compliment to the Browns running game. I also think the loss of Eric Steinbach could impact the running game as he's one of their best OL (after Joe Thomas).

I like what the Brows are doing on defense. Taylor, Rubin, D'Qwell, TJ Ward, and Haden are going to be excellent this year. Sheard helps shore up the D-line, too. I have concerns at the other defensive spots.

I'd be excited as a Browns fan, but careful not to expect too much too soon. ;)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:39 pm

The tough games are in division vs. Pitt and Baltimore. All of their non-divisional games are winnable. The team which is going to pose the biggest threat will be the Rams who are capable of putting up some big numbers. Without Peyton, Indy isn't going to be nearly the same offense. The Browns are still going to struggle a bit with the pass, but their defense is underrated and is going to be able to keep them in every game this season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:43 pm

skip wrote:The tough games are in division vs. Pitt and Baltimore. All of their non-divisional games are winnable. The team which is going to pose the biggest threat will be the Rams who are capable of putting up some big numbers. Without Peyton, Indy isn't going to be nearly the same offense. The Browns are still going to struggle a bit with the pass, but their defense is underrated and is going to be able to keep them in every game this season.
As you can probably see I agree about the Rams. However, I would say the Houston is their toughest non-divisional foe.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
skip wrote:The tough games are in division vs. Pitt and Baltimore. All of their non-divisional games are winnable. The team which is going to pose the biggest threat will be the Rams who are capable of putting up some big numbers. Without Peyton, Indy isn't going to be nearly the same offense. The Browns are still going to struggle a bit with the pass, but their defense is underrated and is going to be able to keep them in every game this season.
As you can probably see I agree about the Rams. However, I would say the Houston is their toughest non-divisional foe.
I agree on Houston being the toughest non division game, it would be no shock I think however, if the Browns are able to beat them, as Houston seems to always be unpredictable. While the Rams are a tough opponent, having the Rams at home, plus having Bradfords former QB coach leading the Browns I think provides a nice advantage for the Browns in that one. Also, having T-Jax/Whitehurst making a cross country road trip to Cleveland, I think could also give the Browns a W. :wink: The key will be if the Browns will be able to hold their own against BAL and PIT, and hopefully split with at least one of them. At least there is a sense of legit optimism now, but as always, time will tell :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:25 pm

14-2 and guess who will hand them their 2 losses? Yep, Cincy! :wtf: :lol:

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Maybe if they were in the NFC West. You can pencil either Baltimore or Pittsburgh in for 12 wins if not both this season. That means they would need a wildcard spot to get into the playoffs which I don't see happening. Jets and Baltimore are the clear favorites for the wildcard spots.
16 team, No-PPR, 6 pt passing tds
QB: Brady, Schuab, Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, Redman, Carter,R. Jennings, M. Bush, Vereen
WR: Britt, Little, Brown, Wright, Kerley, Sanders, Broyles
TE: Dickson, Cook
K: Zuerlien
DEF: Philidelphia
2013: 2 1sts, 2 2nd
2014: 5 1sts, 1 2nd

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 pm

I would not be surprised at all if Cleveland is in the running for one of the wild card slots in the AFC. Good, young, developing offense, and I like the way their defense is coming together. Plus, they've go Holmgren in the front office bringing that Packer magic with him.

-oo-

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 pm

5-7 wins

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:33 pm

The fate of the Browns may have just gotten a little better this season, as just this week games against Peyton Manning and David Garrard have been replaced with games likely against Kerry Collins and Luke McCown :thumbup:

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Shawn wrote:The fate of the Browns may have just gotten a little better this season, as just this week games against Peyton Manning and David Garrard have been replaced with games likely against Kerry Collins and Luke McCown :thumbup:
they need all the help they can get!

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:56 pm

if the Browns will be a 8-win team.. Greg Little(and of course C.McCoy) will be the main reasons!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11