The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Dak Gets A New Deal

Postby halfbaked88 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 am

Very happy as an Amari Cooper owner. Dak is an offensive machine. A tide that "raises all boats." (or whatever the saying is)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:30 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:44 am
remedy29 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:56 pm Is Dak/Cooper the top fantasy QB/WR duo in the league for the next 3 years?
Fixed. Wont tolerate this blatant Amari Cooper disrespect this forum perpetuates. Cooper was THE WR 1 in fantasy before Dak got hurt. Lamb better learn to play outside before he can take the crown from Coop.
I think Cooper's out after the 2021 season and the impending Cap headache for the Cowboys makes it a legitimate question if Amari is a Cowboy beyond this year.

I'd say odds-on they keep him, but they may feel comfortable rolling with Ceedee as the top wideout if he continues to progress.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:49 pm

This
Mike11 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:07 am I think it not it only slams the door on trying to get Ceedee or Dallas skill position peeps, I also think it'll slam any buying chance for Dak.
But also this
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:16 am What form does Dak return to? Will he be more of a pocket QB or will he still take those gambles on his legs? You have to wonder if mentally he's slightly changed? Cold weather games are going to be a factor (obv not in DAL, but potential away games).
In any case, i speculated on this back in mid-Jan and
Got: Dak, the 2.10 and a ‘22 2nd (likely early)
Gave: Darnold, Lockett, Conner, Dede, the 2.7 and a ‘22 1st (hopefully 1.12!!)
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:10 pm

mild wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:30 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:56 pm Is Dak/Cooper the top fantasy QB/WR duo in the league for the next 3 years?
Fixed. Wont tolerate this blatant Amari Cooper disrespect this forum perpetuates. Cooper was THE WR 1 in fantasy before Dak got hurt. Lamb better learn to play outside before he can take the crown from Coop.
I think Cooper's out after the 2021 season and the impending Cap headache for the Cowboys makes it a legitimate question if Amari is a Cowboy beyond this year.

I'd say odds-on they keep him, but they may feel comfortable rolling with Ceedee as the top wideout if he continues to progress.
Again, Lamb better start taking some of the top coverage before people start crowning him ALA Juju. I cant remember which, but either over 90% of Lamb's production or snaps came from the slot. Hes basically a Landry type. And the only people calling for Coop to get cut are dynasty managers. Jerry loves Cooper, and Cooper loves Dallas. Im done with the premature burying of Amari and crowning of Lamb.

Looking at efficiency metrics, Lamb played 84.7% of his snaps from the slot. He had a higher catchable target rate than Cooper but a worse catch rate and a worse true catch rate.... Yet, hes widely viewed and anointed as being the alpha dog in Dallas. The guy is smaller and slower than Cooper and he looks like a human bobble head. If you have a rabid air humping cowboy fan in your league, sell for a premium.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:10 pm
Again, Lamb better start taking some of the top coverage before people start crowning him ALA Juju. I cant remember which, but either over 90% of Lamb's production or snaps came from the slot. Hes basically a Landry type. And the only people calling for Coop to get cut are dynasty managers. Jerry loves Cooper, and Cooper loves Dallas. Im done with the premature burying of Amari and crowning of Lamb.

Looking at efficiency metrics, Lamb played 84.7% of his snaps from the slot. He had a higher catchable target rate than Cooper but a worse catch rate and a worse true catch rate.... Yet, hes widely viewed and anointed as being the alpha dog in Dallas. The guy is smaller and slower than Cooper and he looks like a human bobble head. If you have a rabid air humping cowboy fan in your league, sell for a premium.
I remember back when people were doubting Justin Jefferson because he only played in the slot too.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Cooper isn’t going anywhere and Lamb isn’t really a Landry type.

Lamb has much more speed and quickness although comping to Landry isn’t a slight as he is way underrated.

No reason for Dallas to move off these two ultra talented players the next 2-3 years.

Gallup may be gone
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:36 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:25 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:10 pm

I remember back when people were doubting Justin Jefferson because he only played in the slot too.
How can you compare those two? The only thing in common is they were both rookies.

You might try and argue that being in the slot Lamb should have a much better catch rate, youd be wrong.

Lamb had worse QB play? Their catchable targets are nearly identical. Jefferson had better air yards, contested catch rate, less drops (Cooper had less drops too), better QB rating when targeted. Jefferson blew Lamb away in every single possible way. All I am saying is before you start anointing Lamb, lets see him do it first. And if you have anyone who has already given him the crown, sell for that ultra premium. Go get AJB+, Chase++, DJM++

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:27 pm Cooper isn’t going anywhere and Lamb isn’t really a Landry type.

Lamb has much more speed and quickness although comping to Landry isn’t a slight as he is way underrated.

No reason for Dallas to move off these two ultra talented players the next 2-3 years.

Gallup may be gone
Gallup is definitely a goner. I hope they trade him tbh.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:27 pm Cooper isn’t going anywhere and Lamb isn’t really a Landry type.

Gallup may be gone
This year or next?

Really hope it's this offseason while GB and KC have needs at WR

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:41 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:25 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Gallup may be gone
This year or next?

Really hope it's this offseason while GB and KC have needs at WR
Cowboys are not a forward thinking franchise, Id be shocked if it was this year. They wont trade him, its just me hoping.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:26 pm

I really do not understand this statement; "Wont tolerate this blatant Amari Cooper disrespect this forum perpetuates."

You do realize CeeDee has greater dynasty value than Cooper and has, at the latest, since late September of last year. All you have to do is view any dynasty rankings. Nothing unique with this forum there.

Also, this wasn't the dynasty value of Cooper vs Lamb discussion, it was a comment on the best QB/WR pair of Dak/Lamb vs the rest of the league over the next 3 seasons. Honestly, I wouldn't even consider Dak/Cooper in that context as I do not expect Cooper to remain in Dallas, and not many others expect it either;

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... long-haul/

Certainly Dak/Lamb pair is not the slam dunk best combo the next 3 years, but it's certainly up there as top 2 or 3.

Perhaps Cooper can outscore Lamb over the next three seasons, but he'll have to do so as an aging WR in an uncertain situation vs Lamb not only in his prime but also in an ideal situation tied to a proven QB over the next 3 seasons.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:36 am

remedy29 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:26 pm
I really do not understand this statement; "Wont tolerate this blatant Amari Cooper disrespect this forum perpetuates."

You do realize CeeDee has greater dynasty value than Cooper and has, at the latest, since late September of last year. All you have to do is view any dynasty rankings. Nothing unique with this forum there.

Also, this wasn't the dynasty value of Cooper vs Lamb discussion, it was a comment on the best QB/WR pair of Dak/Lamb vs the rest of the league over the next 3 seasons. Honestly, I wouldn't even consider Dak/Cooper in that context as I do not expect Cooper to remain in Dallas, and not many others expect it either;

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... long-haul/

Certainly Dak/Lamb pair is not the slam dunk best combo the next 3 years, but it's certainly up there as top 2 or 3.

Perhaps Cooper can outscore Lamb over the next three seasons, but he'll have to do so as an aging WR in an uncertain situation vs Lamb not only in his prime but also in an ideal situation tied to a proven QB over the next 3 seasons.
Amari Cooper is 26. Don't think we need to bring out the walker just yet.

Cooper is the one in his prime. Lamb still has on training wheels. :whistle:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:20 am

Is it time to start the who is more underrtaed thread between Mike Evans and Amari Cooper...........
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:20 am Is it time to start the who is more underrtaed thread between Mike Evans and Amari Cooper...........
I'd reckon Cooper, but ti'll be a pretty close race
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:54 am

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:20 am Is it time to start the who is more underrtaed thread between Mike Evans and Amari Cooper...........
I'd reckon Cooper, but ti'll be a pretty close race
and for that exact reason I was able to acquire both a few years back cheap! lol

Robert Woods is another underrated guy many of you guys may want to scoop up.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh