The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dak Gets A New Deal

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:29 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:05 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:31 pm I'm also not saying Dak is bad or that this is above market value. It's definitely on par and a low cap hit this year. What about the other years though? His deal is an average of 40M per year, so if this year's cap hit is 22M, where does the other 18M come into play?
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowb ... ott-19089/

He has cap hits of

'21: $22.2M
'22: $33.2M
'23: $44.2M
'24: $47.2M
'25: $13.2M (void year)

So 2 years of low cap hits, and 2 years of what would currently be considered huge cap hits but by time we get there won't look nearly as bad because the Cap likely goes up because of TV money and there will be several QB's likely getting big contracts or eligible for them (Allen, Lamar, Baker, Kyler, Burrow, Herbert) that will surpass what Dak got. Then the 5th year is just a fake year to spread that cap hit out and cover most of that $18M gap you were asking about.
Thanks, last I had checked spotrac they didn't have the yearly breakdown. And yeah the 44M in 2 years probably isn't all that crazy but 25 is where it bites them. You can only kick the can so far down the road, but it's better than the alternative

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:37 pm

After the season ending injury last year, things haven't gone swimmingly for Dak this offseason.

"It's not a setback. And it's not a reason to worry. Prescott getting another MRI."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dak- ... ept-9-game
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:05 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:37 pm After the season ending injury last year, things haven't gone swimmingly for Dak this offseason.

"It's not a setback. And it's not a reason to worry. Prescott getting another MRI."

Yeah, makes sense that they do that before allow him to throw full throttle again. Not sure why people would be worried, it seems like that would be par for the course on 40 plus million dollar arm.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:05 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:37 pm After the season ending injury last year, things haven't gone swimmingly for Dak this offseason.

Yeah, makes sense that they do that before allow him to throw full throttle again. Not sure why people would be worried, it seems like that would be par for the course on 40 plus million dollar arm.
From a precautionary angle, makes a ton of sense. From the "I hope he's ok" Barkley angle, it'd be way better to see him cutting loose on his throws all the time rather than this "I can throw, no I can't, now I gotta get examined again" stuff. Heard/read that medical staff from the Rangers were getting involved since this is more of a baseball type injury.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:34 am

I was on the side that thought it would be unrealistic of Prescott to get 700 PAs this season - but a couple more of these 50+ attempt games and with the 17 game schedule - I could see a scenario where he hits 700 PAs and/or 6000 yards. 350 yards / game in a 17 game schedule is what you'd need.

Here is current schedule:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/dal

Games I see with high pass volume potential from a glance

Chargers
Vikings
Falcons
Chiefs
Saints
Cardinals

Thats 6 games where I think it is not unlikely to see him throw 40+ attempts and go over the 350 average. Plus unexpected outcomes in other games and garbage time / catchup in other matchups.

Count me as intrigued as to Prescott being potential first 6000 yard passer. Still think it is a long shot, but now its a lot more conceivable.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:38 am

Here is a list of the top 50 passing attempts in a game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... e_game.htm

You'll note that Prescotts game did not even crack the top 50 (needed 3 more PA).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:41 am

Stumbled across a Cowboys podcast that discussed various QB options, some of them more attainable than others- Jimmy G SF, Dalton NOS, Tyler Huntley BAL, Bridgewater MIA, Foles/Ehlinger IND, Gardner Minshew PHI, Mason Rudolph PIT, Taylor Heinicke WAS, Cam Newton FA. I won't even go into all the FAs/PS guys they discussed, like Brees.

After all of that, the discussion went to whether they should tank and look into trading Prescott in the offseason "because he can't stay healthy".

In discussing Minshew, they brought up some interesting stat splits-
First start of each year (3 games)- 87.1 comp %, 9.86 YPA, 7/1 TD/INT ratio
Remaining 24 games as starter- 61.1%, 6.71 YPA, 34/11

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:30 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:41 am Stumbled across a Cowboys podcast that discussed various QB options, some of them more attainable than others- Jimmy G SF, Dalton NOS, Tyler Huntley BAL, Bridgewater MIA, Foles/Ehlinger IND, Gardner Minshew PHI, Mason Rudolph PIT, Taylor Heinicke WAS, Cam Newton FA. I won't even go into all the FAs/PS guys they discussed, like Brees.

After all of that, the discussion went to whether they should tank and look into trading Prescott in the offseason "because he can't stay healthy".

I'm coming around to this line of reasoning. History is prologue to the present. Brees had an early career injury. Michael Jordan had an early career injury. There's a difference between a fluke injury and a series of injuries that happen every year. Some guys' bodies simply are resilient enough to hold up - no fault of the player necessarily.

I think it would be smart to roll with Rush (bonus points if anyone gets that reference) in 2022, take the losses if they come, trade Dak in the offseason, and draft a young QB or bring in a talented FA. Seattle might be interested in Dak. Or maybe TB after Brady's almost certain retirement after this season. Or maybe even Houston or the Jets (if Zach fails to impress.) Take what you can get for Dak and reset with a new QB.

BTW, I think Rush can both be a good enough QB for Dallas' fantasy receivers, and maybe even be serviceable himself as a fantasy fill-in. He might not win a lot of games for Dallas, but it's possible he can throw well enough to stack decent stats.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:40 am

So you guys think there’s correlation between a shoulder injury, a broken leg, and a broken thumb? Maybe if it was constantly the same area, but sounds like bad luck to me.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:41 am

frerichs5 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:40 am So you guys think there’s correlation between a shoulder injury, a broken leg, and a broken thumb? Maybe if it was constantly the same area, but sounds like bad luck to me.
I don’t, Dak just isn’t that great of a QB he does make lots of fantasy point but he really hasn’t shown he can win the big game or put a team on his back and carry them .. glorified game manger imho and the rest of the team isn’t good enough to make up the difference. Same old Cowboys we have seen for the last 25 years . Jerry please sell
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:19 am

Anteaters wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:30 amI think it would be smart to roll with Rush (bonus points if anyone gets that reference) in 2022, take the losses if they come, trade Dak in the offseason, and draft a young QB or bring in a talented FA. Seattle might be interested in Dak. Or maybe TB after Brady's almost certain retirement after this season. Or maybe even Houston or the Jets (if Zach fails to impress.) Take what you can get for Dak and reset with a new QB.
Tvols wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:41 am
frerichs5 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:40 am So you guys think there’s correlation between a shoulder injury, a broken leg, and a broken thumb? Maybe if it was constantly the same area, but sounds like bad luck to me.
I don’t, Dak just isn’t that great of a QB he does make lots of fantasy point but he really hasn’t shown he can win the big game or put a team on his back and carry them .. glorified game manger imho and the rest of the team isn’t good enough to make up the difference. Same old Cowboys we have seen for the last 25 years . Jerry please sell
If you limit to AFC teams, the Prescott market could be Indy, Tenn, Houston (if they can trade their current starters), NYJ. I do love the Tampa idea. If they're willing to trade within their conference, Atlanta, Detroit, Seattle, SF could work.

"Glorified game manager" seemed harsh at first, but definitely see the logic.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:05 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:41 am Stumbled across a Cowboys podcast that discussed various QB options, some of them more attainable than others- Jimmy G SF, Dalton NOS, Tyler Huntley BAL, Bridgewater MIA, Foles/Ehlinger IND, Gardner Minshew PHI, Mason Rudolph PIT, Taylor Heinicke WAS, Cam Newton FA. I won't even go into all the FAs/PS guys they discussed, like Brees.

No chance Minshew or Heinicke are traded to Dallas, division rivals aren't going to help them with their QB situation.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:34 am

Sounds like he needs to drink more milk and eat less hungry man soups.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:41 am

In my book, multiple injuries are a bad sign. It doesn't matter whether it's the same body part or different body parts. You never want an athlete to keep suffering injuries year after year.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:27 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:05 am

No chance Minshew or Heinicke are traded to Dallas, division rivals aren't going to help them with their QB situation.
On one hand, I agree. OTOH, the increased use of analytics has led teams to trading within the division. A prominent recent example was detroit trading up for Jameson Williams.