Justin Herbert Long Term

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Justin Herbert long term

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:45 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:44 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:39 am NFL Research: Herbert has 56 touchdowns (combined passing and rushing) in his first 23 games, the third-most by a quarterback in his first 25 games since the NFL merger. Ahead of him: Patrick Mahomes (70) and Deshaun Watson (57).
Those are now two very different career paths. Choose wisely.
:lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:39 am NFL Research: Herbert has 56 touchdowns (combined passing and rushing) in his first 23 games, the third-most by a quarterback in his first 25 games since the NFL merger. Ahead of him: Patrick Mahomes (70) and Deshaun Watson (57).
I feel like this really just highlights the incredible start Mahomes had to his career.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:52 am

Ruggenater wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 am
I feel like this really just highlights the incredible start Mahomes had to his career.
No argument there.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Justin Herbert Long Term

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:55 am

Herbert has almost limitless potential. He is already worthy of the 1.1 dynasty pick in SF leagues.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:28 pm

He has been a little up and down this year but when he really does put it all together it is going to be scary. Definitely going to win a league MVP or two and maybe a super bowl.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:55 am Herbert has almost limitless potential. He is already worthy of the 1.1 dynasty pick in SF leagues.
I could see that. He's definitely a top 5 pick in SF

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:27 pm

Mahomes got to sit a year and has one of the best head coaches of the past 2 decades. The start to Herberts career was just about the polar opposite.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:31 am

He's my 1.2-1.04 in SF
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:55 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:27 pm
Mahomes got to sit a year and has one of the best head coaches of the past 2 decades. The start to Herberts career was just about the polar opposite.
Herbert looks like Trevor Lawrence will in a couple years when the Jags fire everyone (again). Love 'em both.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:07 pm

I think if I were starting a franchise from scratch, I'd take this guy over all of them.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:07 pm I think if I were starting a franchise from scratch, I'd take this guy over all of them.
Agree!

As you know, I absolutely loved this guy entering the league and he is even better than I thought. He has all the tools to be great for years to come in the NFL. It is so rare to see a player that lets the game to come to him but has the tools to step on the gas like he does down the field when needed. He is lethal with that hose.

His laser focus to the immediate task at hand is flat out incredible.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:07 pm I think if I were starting a franchise from scratch, I'd take this guy over all of them.
Hmm that's actually a pretty solid point. Some of the others have some concerns (injuries or off the field stuff) where I think Herbert is about as "safe" of a top option there is at QB. I still like others over him for dynasty/fantasy but he's still a QB1 for the foreseeable future

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:29 pm

I see Brady with more arm talent. Hopefully the chargers get it together.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:40 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:49 pm
Agree!

As you know, I absolutely loved this guy entering the league and he is even better than I thought. He has all the tools to be great for years to come in the NFL. It is so rare to see a player that lets the game to come to him but has the tools to step on the gas like he does down the field when needed. He is lethal with that hose.

His laser focus to the immediate task at hand is flat out incredible.
He doesn't have Andy Reid designing the offense, and he started as a rookie. He's bigger, stronger, and honestly, I think he's a better decision maker than Mahomes. Watching him going through his progressions last night, I was super impressed. Can't go wrong with Mahomes, but I would take Herbert over him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:40 pm He doesn't have Andy Reid designing the offense, and he started as a rookie. He's bigger, stronger, and honestly, I think he's a better decision maker than Mahomes. Watching him going through his progressions last night, I was super impressed. Can't go wrong with Mahomes, but I would take Herbert over him.
Call me Old Fashioned, but I'll take the guy that has already won a League MVP and a Superbowl, and shown that he's up for lifting his franchise to make those plays on the biggest stages in the most pressure-filled moments.

Last I checked, the point of these franchises is to win the big games. Happy to re-evaluate Herbert in big-games... y'know... if he ever gets there.

Starting as a Rookie is a nice argument point. Mahomes went throw-for-throw against Tom Brady as a Sophomore in the AFC Championship game. What'd Herbert do? No offense, but give me that guy over "I've never wanted to tie so bad" Herbert who couldn't beat the Ruggs-less, Gruden-less Raiders to punch his own ticket to his first post-season in his 2nd year on the job.

(Y'know... that very same team that Mahomes put over his knee and spanked like a drum this season... twice)