Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:10 pm

Not concerned long term

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Justin Herbert Long Term

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:10 pm Not concerned long term
Nope. I was simply saying he's not as good as Mahomes, and I was sort of implying that last year, and I was off on that. That's all.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:56 pm Nope. I was simply saying he's not as good as Mahomes, and I was sort of implying that last year, and I was off on that. That's all.
Props to you for coming back to this and righting the wrong.

He's still a freakin' awesome QB, zero doubt about it. He'll be a Top 10 mainstay for the majority of his career. But he's never going to be Dynasty Fantasy QB1 whilst Josh Allen, Mahomes, heck... even Jalen Hurts (and other rushers of his ilk) continue to pour into the league.

I was here, and I'm still here:
mild wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:45 pm Call me Old Fashioned, but I'll take the guy that has already won a League MVP and a Superbowl, and shown that he's up for lifting his franchise to make those plays on the biggest stages in the most pressure-filled moments.

Last I checked, the point of these franchises is to win the big games. Happy to re-evaluate Herbert in big-games... y'know... if he ever gets there.

Starting as a Rookie is a nice argument point. Mahomes went throw-for-throw against Tom Brady as a Sophomore in the AFC Championship game. What'd Herbert do? No offense, but give me that guy over "I've never wanted to tie so bad" Herbert who couldn't beat the Ruggs-less, Gruden-less Raiders to punch his own ticket to his first post-season in his 2nd year on the job.
mild wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:27 pm At the start of this year, there were countless posts and threads around these parts concerning the classic "known quantity vs. shiny new thing" quandary... namely "Would you prefer Burrow or Trevor Lawrence?"

Rightly, the correct answer among the less-prone to recency bias was "I would take Burrow because he's shown he can actually play in this league".

Why would this logic fail you here, if the point of these Franchises is "to win Superbowls" and you have one QB who has literally made brain-busting throws to win one (not to mention get there in the first place) - and the other is a sight-unseen unknown quantity in big games? The fact that he can't even get there with a stacked supporting cast has to be held as a knock against him, unfortunately.
Lawrence sight-unseen over Burrow. Those were the days! :lol:

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:31 pm

Just watched JT’s breakdown of Herbert last week. Just some ABSURD throws here. Here’s to hoping Kellen Moore is the Chargers’ HC next year.

https://youtu.be/fRrHB7AHE7s?si=QtTZRlBmPqLKXPCP

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:47 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:31 pm Just watched JT’s breakdown of Herbert last week. Just some ABSURD throws here. Here’s to hoping Kellen Moore is the Chargers’ HC next year.

He'll be the head coach by Week 5 at this rate. :lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:59 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:31 pm Just watched JT’s breakdown of Herbert last week. Just some ABSURD throws here. Here’s to hoping Kellen Moore is the Chargers’ HC next year.

There are a handful of QB's in this league in the same tier. Herbert at 25 is certainly one of them. He is a major STUD and should be for a very long time.

I may have been his number one fan when he entered the league. Mechanics are near flawless.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts