Justin Herbert Long Term

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Justin Herbert long term

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:20 pm

I don't see how he is isn't a top 5-6 dynasty QB at this point.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:32 pm

DynastyDrum30 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:14 pm I had a leaguemate offer me Kyler and Slayton in my 10 man 1 qb league yesterday for Herbert and a mid 2021 second. I haven’t watched a ton of football this year for various health reasons. I was curious what you all thought of such a trade. Think I should do it?

I’m pretty deep at WR and will be getting more in the coming draft with my 6 firsts. I could alternatively use that second in a deal for a rb that I desperately need. But as others have mentioned, Kyler from what I can tell is in a higher tier and is pretty tempting.
I like Kyler a bit more than Herbert because of Murray's running stats. It's a toss up though, go with personal preference. Slayton in a 10 team doesn't move the needle, neither does a 2nd round pick.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:32 pm I like Kyler a bit more than Herbert because of Murray's running stats. It's a toss up though, go with personal preference. Slayton in a 10 team doesn't move the needle, neither does a 2nd round pick.
Agree on Kyler, disagree on the 2nd - if it's an early 2nd then that's not nothing as an asset. In all likelihood, Herbert himself would have gone late 2nd/early 3rd in a 1QB league in this years drafts. There are 5 (at least) interesting QB's coming into next years draft... and I am reasonably sure 2021 goes 12-15 deep with interesting skill guys, at least.

I'm just constantly shocked and impressed (and depressed!) by Herbert's deep ball. That thing is on a rope going 50 yards in the air... there seems to be no NFL defense he can't throw behind. I have no dynasty shares. I am sad.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Herbert or the 1.01 (Trevor Lawrence) in a 16 team start 2QB?

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:39 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:20 pm Herbert or the 1.01 (Trevor Lawrence) in a 16 team start 2QB?
At this point I think you have to take Herbert. He's proving to be a very good QB with little help around him minus KA.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:15 pm

dark_knite03 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:39 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:20 pm Herbert or the 1.01 (Trevor Lawrence) in a 16 team start 2QB?
At this point I think you have to take Herbert. He's proving to be a very good QB with little help around him minus KA.
I'd think the Chargers would be in the market for a good free agent WR or high draft pick rookie.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:40 pm

Herbert certainly has better weapons around him than Lawrence is going to have. The Ekeler/Allen/Henry trio is not shaky at all, and Williams - when healthy - is an awesome contested-catch option for Herbert to get spike production out of.

It's the fact that he's making Jalen Guyton and Tyron Johnson look like superstars that really has me impressed.

I think if you truly believe in Lawrence and simply must have him for his career, then you can pull that trigger - just be aware that Herbert is the "contend right now" piece in my opinion. They really are just a good offensive coach away from being a fantasy juggernaut in LA.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:37 pm

mild wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:40 pm Herbert certainly has better weapons around him than Lawrence is going to have. The Ekeler/Allen/Henry trio is not shaky at all, and Williams - when healthy - is an awesome contested-catch option for Herbert to get spike production out of.

It's the fact that he's making Jalen Guyton and Tyron Johnson look like superstars that really has me impressed.

I think if you truly believe in Lawrence and simply must have him for his career, then you can pull that trigger - just be aware that Herbert is the "contend right now" piece in my opinion. They really are just a good offensive coach away from being a fantasy juggernaut in LA.
I agree on all points. Chargers have the talent, but need some coaching. I'd pay the 1.01 to get Herbert. In fact, I'll be trying to package the 1.03 to get him in the off-season for sure

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:46 pm

I was so, so wrong on this guy

I called him Bustin Trashbert on here and thought there was no way he could be good looking at his Oregon film

The Chargers clearly saw something and designed a better system for him (that what Oregon had) and he looks like a stud

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:56 pm

mild wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:40 pm Herbert certainly has better weapons around him than Lawrence is going to have. The Ekeler/Allen/Henry trio is not shaky at all, and Williams - when healthy - is an awesome contested-catch option for Herbert to get spike production out of.

This sums it up for me. Once a new staff comes in it could be gold.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 am

I would argue they need a defensive coach to be a Juggernaut.

They have a solid system and they are learning in spite of some of the bad coaching decisions. I don't put a few of their head scratching losses on the O coordinator. The Head coach has looked lost at times but but if a change happens the new guy would be wise to keep the same basic offensive system which Herbert already has down very well for a rookie.

This team is really close to being very good.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 am
mild wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:40 pm I think if you truly believe in Lawrence and simply must have him for his career, then you can pull that trigger - just be aware that Herbert is the "contend right now" piece in my opinion. They really are just a good offensive coach away from being a fantasy juggernaut in LA.
I did specifically say Fantasy Juggernaut. Imagine if they get Arthur Smith or Eric Bienemy - and they turn out to be the next great offensive mind a la McVay/Shanny/etc. Now we're talking about a team that can go toe to toe with KC every year - something they should be aware that they're going to have to do for the next decade.

This thing is already juiced, I'm just saying - imagine if it gets any further juiced with a properly creative scheme. I can tell you, their current neutral game script numbers leave much to be desired... Lynn is far too addicted to running.

For the Chargers to be a Juggernaut at real football... they'd need the city of San Diego to lift their powerful curse first. I've never seen a team that gets more injuries on such a consistent year-to-year basis; they are truly snakebit.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:11 pm

mild wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:15 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:02 am
mild wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:40 pm I think if you truly believe in Lawrence and simply must have him for his career, then you can pull that trigger - just be aware that Herbert is the "contend right now" piece in my opinion. They really are just a good offensive coach away from being a fantasy juggernaut in LA.
I did specifically say Fantasy Juggernaut. Imagine if they get Arthur Smith or Eric Bienemy - and they turn out to be the next great offensive mind a la McVay/Shanny/etc. Now we're talking about a team that can go toe to toe with KC every year - something they should be aware that they're going to have to do for the next decade.

This thing is already juiced, I'm just saying - imagine if it gets any further juiced with a properly creative scheme. I can tell you, their current neutral game script numbers leave much to be desired... Lynn is far too addicted to running.

For the Chargers to be a Juggernaut at real football... they'd need the city of San Diego to lift their powerful curse first. I've never seen a team that gets more injuries on such a consistent year-to-year basis; they are truly snakebit.
Touche!

I can buy that! :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:39 am

NFL Research: Herbert has 56 touchdowns (combined passing and rushing) in his first 23 games, the third-most by a quarterback in his first 25 games since the NFL merger. Ahead of him: Patrick Mahomes (70) and Deshaun Watson (57).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:44 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:39 am NFL Research: Herbert has 56 touchdowns (combined passing and rushing) in his first 23 games, the third-most by a quarterback in his first 25 games since the NFL merger. Ahead of him: Patrick Mahomes (70) and Deshaun Watson (57).
Those are now two very different career paths. Choose wisely.