Joe Thomas: Payday!

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Joe Thomas: Payday!

Postby Shawn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Good job Browns Joe Thomas is worth it!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Browns agreed to terms with LT Joe Thomas on a seven-year, $84 million extension with $44 million guaranteed.
The mammoth extension pays Thomas Larry Fitzgerald/Julius Peppers kind of money, busting the old high-water mark for offensive line guarantees. And he's worth every penny. Thomas has played four years in the NFL. He's made the Pro Bowl in each season, twice been a first-team All-Pro, never missed a start, and (our favorite Thomas fact): Never missed a practice. The Browns don't have many playmakers on offense, but they have the best left tackle in football protecting their QB-of-the-future hopeful, Colt McCoy. Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Joe Thomas: Payday!

Postby hosler427 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Great job by the Browns to lock him up!!

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Joe Thomas: Payday!

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Best move the Browns have made in a long time. :clap: Probably the best LT in the game right now, in my eyes.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars