DJ Moore

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: DJ Moore

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:04 pm

I’m surprised seeing Twitter view this as stock up for Moore. I can see the hope in people that it’s Diggs/AJB when they paired with Allen/Hurts, but that’s not a leap I’m confident in. I would put it at a net neutral, with the potential for it to go up/down/same, but stock down because we lost the hope he’d get paired with a good passer. Fields has to show it to me. No way I’m paying more today than I would have yesterday, and I’m probably out at the same price he was at yesterday too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:28 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:35 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:30 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:14 pm

Eagles had almost the same about of rushing attempts in 2022, that didn't stop AJB and Devonta Smith from excelling...
The Eagles had 45% more pass attempts than the Bears. 344 to 501. Having a better offense, defense, and QB means more total plays.
And your point is?

Josh Allen has a nearly 40% rise in pass attempts the year he got Stefon Diggs...
Hurts had a nearly 15% rise in pass attempts the year he got AJB...
I like DJM, like I said, but both those WR's were a tier above DJM. I definitely think they pass more this year, though. They have to, or Fields won't last.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:28 pm

The Eagles had 45% more pass attempts than the Bears. 344 to 501. Having a better offense, defense, and QB means more total plays.
And your point is?

Josh Allen has a nearly 40% rise in pass attempts the year he got Stefon Diggs...
I like DJM, like I said, but both those WR's were a tier above DJM. I definitely think they pass more this year, though. They have to, or Fields won't last.
You should see how Diggs was talked about when he was in Minnesota

It was very similar to how Moore is seen now--talented, inconsistent, perennial volatile WR2, forever fantasy meh, etc

AJB however I agree was definitely above

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:37 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:32 pm

And your point is?

You should see how Diggs was talked about when he was in Minnesota

It was very similar to how Moore is seen now--talented, inconsistent, perennial volatile WR2, forever fantasy meh, etc

AJB however I agree was definitely above
I mean, if I call correctly, Diggs was considered one of the best route runner's in the league, even back then. Nobody would ever say that about DJM.

I considered Diggs in Minny a better WR than DJM is currently. Diggs played his last 2 seasons doing different things. He was a possession guy that caught over 100 passes, and then the next year was almost a Desean Jackson like downfield playmaker, averaging almost 18 yards a catch and going for well over 1100 yards.

I guess one could make an argument, but Diggs was clearly the better WR in my eyes by that point in his career. DJM is not slouch, he's just not a great route runner, nor does he have elite balls skills, but he's tremendous after the catch, when he's used that way.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:16 pm

And your point is?

By pretty much every measure, DJM outperformed Diggs prior to him leaving Minnesota, so i'm going to disagree here...
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:30 pm

Seems to be very polarizing. I figured DJM would skyrocket (he has for me), but I guess not everyone sees it that way.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:18 pm

Stock up. Fields has a good deep ball, DJM excels there, will get market share.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:24 pm

This could be one of the pieces that helps the bears turn the corner on offense. No one is able to predict when these previously lackluster teams get that first year blow up in offense. I would probably bet on dj moore improving on last year and Chicago as a whole being better on offense

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:54 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:04 pm I’m surprised seeing Twitter view this as stock up for Moore. I can see the hope in people that it’s Diggs/AJB when they paired with Allen/Hurts, but that’s not a leap I’m confident in. I would put it at a net neutral, with the potential for it to go up/down/same, but stock down because we lost the hope he’d get paired with a good passer. Fields has to show it to me. No way I’m paying more today than I would have yesterday, and I’m probably out at the same price he was at yesterday too.
That is how I feel.

Just when I think that DJM has hit rock bottom, somehow, another trap door opens up and he falls even further.
Chicago is the Windy City. Bears organization is built around the running game and defense.
They even went out and drafted a running QB. :lol:

I am hoping that the community continues to feel that DJM's value is going up, so maybe I can sell him before the season starts.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:14 am

For those saying DJM's stock is way up, what sort of stat line are you projecting? I like it for him because of the QB upgrade but I'm worried he isn't going to get any more than the ~120 targets he got last year. Chicago attempted the fewest passes of any team in the league last year (and by a fairly wide margin). My comment isn't a knock on DJM, it's about the team he's going to. Feels like a win for his owners if he gets the same number of targets.

I see something like: 75/1100/6. And I feel that's kind of optimistic.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:28 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:14 am For those saying DJM's stock is way up, what sort of stat line are you projecting? I like it for him because of the QB upgrade but I'm worried he isn't going to get any more than the ~120 targets he got last year. Chicago attempted the fewest passes of any team in the league last year (and by a fairly wide margin). My comment isn't a knock on DJM, it's about the team he's going to. Feels like a win for his owners if he gets the same number of targets.

I see something like: 75/1100/6. And I feel that's kind of optimistic.
I don't think his stock is way up either, but I do think he still hits his numbers. He's talented and should be getting better quality targets. #12 in air yards last year but his catchable target rate was #90. Here's hoping Fields gives him better quality targets. If that happens, he won't need the 140 targets just to hit 1100 yards like in CAR.

While I dont expect CHI to air it out, I would think they pass it more than the 22 ATT/game they had last year. Say they go up 50% which would be about 560 targets aka league median for pass ATT. Probably too much, but I could see it. I would think DJM gets plenty of opportunities and the upside is really good in that case. CAR was also bottom of the league in pass attempts so it isn't like he's going from KC to CHI.

The main concern is if Fields doesn't progress and they stay a run first team. DJM would be in danger of not hitting 1000 yards if Fields only throws for 2200 again.

So all in all, quantity should stay the same, maybe increases, but quality hopefully goes way up

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:37 am

A few years ago Lamar was a RB and couldn't throw
Once upon a time Diggs and AJB wouldn't get enough targets to be elite

drum roll....

history repeats itself....

DJM 90-1300-8

BOOK IT
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Mr. Wizard
Starter
Starter

Postby Mr. Wizard » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 pm

I would be looking to buy DJM anywhere that has an owner who is down on him or this move. I would probably not be looking to buy DJM from someone looking to sell especially high on hype. I would say the arrow is up from last year's sadness, but it's uncertain if it takes Moore way beyond what we'd come to expect as a solid fantasy WR2. In the range of outcomes though, and I'm on the hype train personally.
12 Team RealitySportsOnline League, Half-PPR, TEP, Half-PPFD

1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SFX **Years under contract in parentheses. Two extensions and one franchise tag available per year.**

QB: Mahomes (2), Williams (5), Young (3)
HB: Saquon (3), Gibbs (4), Henry (1), Hunt (1), Mattison (1)
WR: Chase (3), Tyreek (4), Kupp (3), Aiyuk (4), Pierce (2)
TE: Kelce (2)
IR:
Future Picks: 2024 2.12, 3.12, 3.6, 3.12 -- 2025 no picks -- 2026 2nd 3rd 4th
--
12 Team Dynasty League, Half-PPR
1QB, 2HB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1 SFX

QB: Hurts, Prescott, Geno
HB: Bijan, Taylor, Achane, Swift, Herbert, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Allen, Nuk, Jeudy, Cooks, Dotson, Shakir, Bourne, Davis, Moore
TE: Hockenson, Knox, Johnson, Otton
IR:
Future Picks: 2024 3.02, 3.10, 3.11 -- 2025 2nd 3rd -- 2026 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:40 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:16 pm

And your point is?

By pretty much every measure, DJM outperformed Diggs prior to him leaving Minnesota, so i'm going to disagree here...
Fields is no J. Allen.

I can’t imagine any sane FF player trading Diggs away for Moore because he is now with Bears.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:47 pm

Blackstar110 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 pm I would be looking to buy DJM anywhere that has an owner who is down on him or this move. I would probably not be looking to buy DJM from someone looking to sell especially high on hype. I would say the arrow is up from last year's sadness, but it's uncertain if it takes Moore way beyond what we'd come to expect as a solid fantasy WR2. In the range of outcomes though, and I'm on the hype train personally.
I put DJM on the block in both leagues where I own him.
I am looking for mid to high end WR2 value for him, that some have been predicting now.
No one appears interested as of yet.

Perhaps it is just talk, and/or buzz, but not enough energy to create any real traction or action.