Josh Allen - Time to Believe!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Allen - Time to Believe!

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:51 pm

I was wrong on Josh Allen. I never thought he'd improve so much from his rookie season.

I have no shares, and probably won't as his value is likely at it's max.

He's been great for Stefon Diggs though. I had tried to trade Diggs last off-season but couldn't get good value.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:50 am

I just cashed out in one of my 1QB leagues. Team is in full on rebuild.

Gave: Allen
Got: MBrown / 2022 1st / 2022 2nd / 2023 2nd
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:54 am

Never Veto wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:50 am I just cashed out in one of my 1QB leagues. Team is in full on rebuild.

Good deal

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:44 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:54 am
Never Veto wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:50 am I just cashed out in one of my 1QB leagues. Team is in full on rebuild.

Good deal
Feels low. Then again I'm not a Hollywood Brown fan and (probably) overvalue QB due to only playing in 6 pt QB TD leagues.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:56 am

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:44 am

Good deal
Feels low. Then again I'm not a Hollywood Brown fan and (probably) overvalue QB due to only playing in 6 pt QB TD leagues.
I mean, it's 1 QB. That's a total of 2 firsts in value, so IDK what else you expect someone to get in that format.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:17 am

It was low. Allen is a young, top 3 scoring dynasty qb.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:56 am
DLF3000 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:44 am

Good deal
I mean, it's 1 QB. That's a total of 2 firsts in value, so IDK what else you expect someone to get in that format.
Way light for me. How is this 2 firsts? If you believe Marquise Brown, a 2nd and a 3rd add up to a 1st, I've got some magic beans for sale.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, AD, Pearsall, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Moss, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Kmet, Jordan, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF +.5TEP
Stroud, Caleb, Daniels, Cousins
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Spears, Rodriguez, Watson
St. Brown, MHJ, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Odunze, Doubs, Pearsall, Baker, Washington, Cowing, Thrash, Flournoy
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Schoonmaker, Hurst

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:43 am

The reality is QB value is all over the map in 1 QB formats. Most act like even drafting a QB in mid round 1 is foolish in this format yet many that have the true studs don't want to even consider moving them because stud QB's are often the reason teams win titles.

Personally, I would not move Allen for that return; However, if the other QB is a Dak type then its really is not bad value in that format. Brown, the player has loads of talent that still needs to be developed and no telling what those future picks turn out to be. Remember only a very few of us took Allen in 2nd round of 1 QB leagues so maybe those future picks hit.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:26 am

I'm okay with the deal. I drafted Allen with the 3.05 in 2018, so my return on investment is Brown, a 1st and (2) 2nds. I'll take it as a win for a team that is completely overhauling, and all the assets I acquired will help that process.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:12 pm

What. the. hell!

Did a 180 on this guy since last year and then... he delivers this putrid line vs. the freaking... Jags. Zero TDs, 3 TOs vs... the Jags. I mean, it's revolting.

Anybody watch the game? Was everyone just horrible? Hurricane? Drunk? Hung over from partying last night ignoring having to play the Jacksonville Dumpster Fires?
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:05 pm

The O line wasn’t blocking and Jags D line was looking all-world. On top of that, coverage was good. Allen also had an off day in terms of accuracy. It literally was like they couldn’t get anything going. A run game would help but usually the line blocks much better for Allen. He’ll bounce back next week v the Jets.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:01 am

DLF3000 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:12 pm What. the. hell!

Did a 180 on this guy since last year and then... he delivers this putrid line vs. the freaking... Jags. Zero TDs, 3 TOs vs... the Jags. I mean, it's revolting.

Anybody watch the game? Was everyone just horrible? Hurricane? Drunk? Hung over from partying last night ignoring having to play the Jacksonville Dumpster Fires?
It was a bad day for all the MVP QB candidates that played.

Allen, Dak,, Stafford, all stunk like Mahomes has been stinking it up lately. Defenses ruled the games yesterday for the most part.

BTW, Jacksonville is in full rebuild but they have several really good players and a coach that knows how to win.

The other Josh Allen looked like the best defensive player on Planet Earth yesterday. He will be a lock defensive player of the week.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:04 am

This guy is a winner. WOW. I was not a believer, admittedly. This guy is a winner surrounded by a loser coaching staff. HC is Defensive guy? Should be fired, immediately. He's a loser. From not kicking a squib kick to kill seconds off the clock, to the last drive's co-ordination (literally scheming a DE/LB hybrid to fake rush and drop 2 yards back, basically making him completely useless and 10 vs 11 for the situation) etc. The OT period KC walked down. Allen is the key piece on this team, this coaching staff has messed up for 2 straight years. Time to move on from these losers. You have a winner at QB, don't saddle him him with loser coaches.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:04 am This guy is a winner. WOW. I was not a believer, admittedly. This guy is a winner surrounded by a loser coaching staff. HC is Defensive guy? Should be fired, immediately. He's a loser. From not kicking a squib kick to kill seconds off the clock, to the last drive's co-ordination (literally scheming a DE/LB hybrid to fake rush and drop 2 yards back, basically making him completely useless and 10 vs 11 for the situation) etc. The OT period KC walked down. Allen is the key piece on this team, this coaching staff has messed up for 2 straight years. Time to move on from these losers. You have a winner at QB, don't saddle him him with loser coaches.
Is that you Urban? lol jk, couldn't agree more. I get people being upset over OT rules, but felt like the coaching staff really let the Bills down that game more than anything. And I'm personally feeling a bit down because I think we just saw the two best teams left play each other in one of the best games of the season; so hopefully the rest of the playoffs/SB aren't all anticlimactic.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:36 am

A few questionable late-game decisions by DST, but only reason anyone is going on that staff is because they got a better job elsewhere. That's a darn good team that made KC sweat bullets.

As for Josh Allen, wow. I've always liked him less than consensus and am a fool for doing so. I wasn't even rooting for him and felt like he got robbed by OT rules. It's an uncoverable blemish on an incredible game (for the NFL, not Josh). This feels like the Brett Favre playoff game that changed the overtime rules however many years ago.