General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Gabriel Davis

Postby Anteaters » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:08 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:27 am
tstafford wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:25 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:46 am I wonder where he lands next year. I can't imagine if he leaves BUF, that he lands in a better situation for his talent. He's not a true #1, but is a heck of an outside deep threat as a #2.

LAC with Keenan and Williams aging?
KC cough up money for him?
Patriots?
I was trying to think of good landing spots. If he lands in NE he's done, unless they clean house
The supplies have been ordered, and the cleaning crew is waiting in the driveway.
I don't know if Gabe ends up in NE, but there will be a sparkling clean house waiting for a slew of new players.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:59 pm

Bro is on pace for (yet another) year short of 55 catches/850 receiving yards while being the number 2 in one of the best passing games in the league

I can think of one guy pumped to the Skyy who is doing less with Moore

Maybe just maybe guys who suck just suck and being near good players does not make them good and while anyone is bound to have a few players like that on a roster turning down firsts, seconds and actually good players for them is missing the point of rostering these guys in the first place

Who knows though? Maybe he'll stunt on the haters again with a 3 target-2 touchdown game that is totally sustainable this time

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:01 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:59 pm Bro is on pace for (yet another) year short of 55 catches/850 receiving yards while being the number 2 in one of the best passing games in the league

Maybe just maybe guys who suck just suck and being near good players does not make them good and while anyone is bound to have a few players like that on a roster turning down firsts, seconds and actually good players for them is missing the point of rostering these guys in the first place

Who knows though? Maybe he'll stunt on the haters again with a 3 target-2 touchdown game that is totally sustainable this time
Skyy Moore sucks way more than Gabe. Way more. Skyy Moore, who I wasted a first round SF pick on, a few years back, is basically droppable. The Skyy is falling, in other words. Gabe will likely get a nice 2nd contract next year, from someone, and Skyy is looking like a guy who will bounce around on minimum 1 year deals at best, at this point. He's not NFL material. He's also got an element of Claypool/Juju without ever doing anything, with his social media garbage. He's a dud.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:01 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:59 pm Bro is on pace for (yet another) year short of 55 catches/850 receiving yards while being the number 2 in one of the best passing games in the league

Skyy Moore sucks way more than Gabe. Way more. Skyy Moore, who I wasted a first round SF pick on, a few years back, is basically droppable. The Skyy is falling, in other words. Gabe will likely get a nice 2nd contract next year, from someone, and Skyy is looking like a guy who will bounce around on minimum 1 year deals at best, at this point. He's not NFL material.
True he was the one guy I was thinking of wasting his situation more

That said I can imagine a world in the KC offense where he falls into the endzone randomly for a few games posting high fantasy point totals and someone talks themselves into thinking it's finally happening

Point being in cases like that (or with Gabe) you sell immediately. You don't talk yourself into thinking "the targets will come" or "this boom game is the real him and all the sucking was just a fluke." You take what you can get and be happy with that

For some reason people show a level of understanding with this on RBs but with WRs especially on flashy offenses that goes out the window

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:12 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:08 pm

Skyy Moore sucks way more than Gabe. Way more. Skyy Moore, who I wasted a first round SF pick on, a few years back, is basically droppable. The Skyy is falling, in other words. Gabe will likely get a nice 2nd contract next year, from someone, and Skyy is looking like a guy who will bounce around on minimum 1 year deals at best, at this point. He's not NFL material.

That said I can imagine a world in the KC offense where he falls into the endzone randomly for a few games posting high fantasy point totals and someone talks themselves into thinking it's finally happening

Point being in cases like that (or with Gabe) you sell immediately. You don't talk yourself into thinking "the targets will come" or "this boom game is the real him and all the sucking was just a fluke." You take what you can get and be happy with that

For some reason people show a level of understanding with this on RBs but with WRs especially on flashy offenses that goes out the window

I am not a Gabe Davis fan, but he's a big play/RZ threat. He's done something in his career. Skyy Moore has less than 2 catches a game, and 1 TD, through 23 regular season games, and just hit the big milestone of 400 yards receiving!

I'd sell Gabe, too. However, Christian Kirk saw a rise after FA. I didn't think that would happen. I mean, what if your Chiefs paid Gabe, rather than MVS? I could see him having value there, not joking.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:12 pm

I am not a Gabe Davis fan, but he's a big play/RZ threat. He's done something in his career. Skyy Moore has less than 2 catches a game, and 1 TD, through 23 regular season games, and just hit the big milestone of 400 yards receiving!

I'd sell Gabe, too. However, Christian Kirk saw a rise after FA. I didn't think that would happen. I mean, what if your Chiefs paid Gabe, rather than MVS? I could see him having value there, not joking.
Is competing with a rookie WR TBD the number 3 in KC (I think Rice is a solid 2 for next year at this point) better than being the number 2 in Buffalo?

I imagine he'd be a similar boom bust type who'd finish around WR35 in PPG (maybe lower if said rookie WR is good)

The issue with Kirk to JAX was always the contract. Looking at his Arizona production, he was IMO a stellar prospect (freshman breakout in the SEC, early declare) who posted target shares of 20.4 and 24.5 percent before a disappointing year 3.

I'm not saying I expected him to be this good in Jacksonville but considering the start of his career I'd say he had a chance to be a fantasy contributor especially in PPR (remember how empty the Jags WR room was last year)

Skyy Moore is obviously terrible and I'm probably dropping one of my two shares for whichever of Demario Douglas, Chris Rodriguez, Dontayvion Wicks, etc falls to me. That L is one of the worst of my time playing dynasty and when he still had some hype after a 0 rookie year I should have sold immediately (and probably would have if not for my fandom---oh well)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:53 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:12 pm

Is competing with a rookie WR TBD the number 3 in KC (I think Rice is a solid 2 for next year at this point) better than being the number 2 in Buffalo?

I imagine he'd be a similar boom bust type who'd finish around WR35 in PPG (maybe lower if said rookie WR is good)

The issue with Kirk to JAX was always the contract. Looking at his Arizona production, he was IMO a stellar prospect (freshman breakout in the SEC, early declare) who posted target shares of 20.4 and 24.5 percent before a disappointing year 3.

I'm not saying I expected him to be this good in Jacksonville but considering the start of his career I'd say he had a chance to be a fantasy contributor especially in PPR (remember how empty the Jags WR room was last year)

Skyy Moore is obviously terrible and I'm probably dropping one of my two shares for whichever of Demario Douglas, Chris Rodriguez, Dontayvion Wicks, etc falls to me. That L is one of the worst of my time playing dynasty and when he still had some hype after a 0 rookie year I should have sold immediately (and probably would have if not for my fandom---oh well)
We need to bump the off season hype thread. Or start an awards thread for all hype/no substance. Skyy would be there, along with Tank Bigsby, JSN, to a large extent, unless you count today's run downfield and catch the ball with a blown coverage TD a big deal.

Those 3 had so much hype, well along with the entire Bears offense :lol: , and haven't lived up to it. Elijah "lining up in the backfield" Moore, has indeed had a few carries, but his production is borderline worthless, he's done more harm than good in your lineup.

Some hype, has been warranted. Nico Collins, for one. George Pickens, another. It's always fun to see what was real, and what wasn't after the fact. There is so much of it, and only a small percentage ends up being legitimate. It's what the off season is, and designed for, it's why I may sound like an old curmudgeon in the off season, but it's the reality. Every team has media pumping out hype and optimism, it brings in dollars, and that's ultimately what the NFL is about.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:22 am

Skyy Moore should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Christian Kirk. It's an absolutely groundless comparison.

Gabe is a disappointment because he can't ever find consistency, but he too is clearly more talented (and far more productive) than Ground Less.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:34 am

I like how this thread always gets bumped after a few bad weeks and not his 20 point weeks.

Boom/bust WR3 still

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:44 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:34 am I like how this thread always gets bumped after a few bad weeks and not his 20 point weeks.

Boom/bust WR3 still
He is what he is. A WR3/4 thatll have some duds and some blow ups. And that is worlds apart from Skyy Moore. Not even sure why Skyy was brought up, guy is tied for 6th in targets on the Chiefs with Noah Gray. I'd venture to say Gabe scores more TDs per year than Skyy does in his entire career.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:05 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:34 am I like how this thread always gets bumped after a few bad weeks and not his 20 point weeks.

Boom/bust WR3 still
Yeah, nothing's really changed with Davis. He'll be just as volatile when he's on a different team next year.

Part of it is him and part of it is the way this Bills offense runs. I really don't get why they haven't established any way to win beyond Josh Allen hero ball or throwing the ball to Diggs 20 times. Just feels like they've never evolved during this window.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:23 pm

Boom/bust WR3 still
This. It's so true. Boom/Bust WR3 that you can have for WR50 prices.
mild wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 am I get all of that. But whatever your narrative: Gabe Davis is officially priced right now as "just a guy" on KTC. Literally a back end WR4... this man is now a post-hype sleeper.

Even if he does nothing more than be "just a guy" in 2023 - he is absolutely priced correctly for that, and need simply be "just a guy" to pay off that current ADP.
I posted that in August, when he was ranked as the Dynasty WR45.

Today? He is still ranked as the Dynasty WR45. He's hovered above and below that (fluctuating with his big games, basically) but he's still exactly who we thought he is.

And hilariously? He's still paying off that price handsomely this year as the WR28 overall (in 0.5ppr - he's WR21 overall in Standard). That's good production for him, the LEGEND, Gabe Davis! For a contender, if you can buy at WR4-5 (or WR45!) prices, and you need a warm body for your lineup - you could do worse. (You could maybe also do better? But I digress...)

Really, the only interesting thing about him is where he's going to play in 2024. Everything else is pretty boring tbh.
dvpkwys wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:44 am I started this thread - I have recently moved Gabe Davis, with Pacheco for Dionte Johnson and Swift. So I'm out! haha
Warra trade for you!!! :D

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:05 am

Boom/bust WR3 still
Yeah, nothing's really changed with Davis. He'll be just as volatile when he's on a different team next year.

Part of it is him and part of it is the way this Bills offense runs. I really don't get why they haven't established any way to win beyond Josh Allen hero ball or throwing the ball to Diggs 20 times. Just feels like they've never evolved during this window.
He has a top 20 game 2-3 times a season. We has a non top 40 games the rest of the season. Why should we talk about this guy either way?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:58 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Boom/bust WR3 still

He has a top 20 game 2-3 times a season. We has a non top 40 games the rest of the season. Why should we talk about this guy either way?
A boom/bust WR3 has value in the majority of my leagues.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:02 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Boom/bust WR3 still

He's finished as a top 24 WR in 3/7 games already