Gabriel Davis

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Gabriel Davis

Postby Anteaters » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:25 am

mild wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 amI know. I knowwwwwww. I know. But here's the thing: this time last year, Gabe Davis was being priced as a premiere WR2, topping out as the WR16 on KTC in September 2022.
I really wish that was universally true. I'm an original Gabe fan who kind of got off the bandwagon during the 2022 season. I'm willing to believe the any apologists' narrative that says Gabe still has a chance to shine. I'd love to get a share at a reduced price, but there doesn't seem to be a reduced price in the leagues I'm in.

I'm in the middle of a 14team redraft draft, and Gabe went right after CKirk/Terry McL and just before Diontae/MikeWms, all in a 10pick span. That was too rich for my blood. But I have a couple more coming up this week and will try to get Gabe on the cheap in those.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:31 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:25 am
mild wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 amI know. I knowwwwwww. I know. But here's the thing: this time last year, Gabe Davis was being priced as a premiere WR2, topping out as the WR16 on KTC in September 2022.
I really wish that was universally true. I'm an original Gabe fan who kind of got off the bandwagon during the 2022 season. I'm willing to believe the any apologists' narrative that says Gabe still has a chance to shine. I'd love to get a share at a reduced price, but there doesn't seem to be a reduced price in the leagues I'm in.

I'm in the middle of a 14team redraft draft, and Gabe went right after CKirk/Terry McL and just before Diontae/MikeWms, all in a 10pick span. That was too rich for my blood. But I have a couple more coming up this week and will try to get Gabe on the cheap in those.
That would be too rich for me as well. I bought in last season and started him one time after his bye. Got out a few weeks ago in a trade that brought back Ridley (in a package). Traded one risk for another I guess. I'll leave Davis to the BB fans.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:01 am

still a boom/bust WR3. Nothing has changed except the hype/value

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:46 am

mild wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 am It's time to resurrect one of the best and least tedious threads on DLF.

But, what's this? It's a huge plot twist... DLF friends... I think, for the first time... I'm in on Gabe Davis.

I know. I knowwwwwww. I know. But here's the thing: this time last year, Gabe Davis was being priced as a premiere WR2, topping out as the WR16 on KTC in September 2022.

Flash forward to now... you can tell yourself any version of the 2022 story that you like: "he was bad because of his ankle"... or, "once Josh Allen hurt his elbow, it just wasn't the same"... or even just:

"We might have been slightly ahead of our skis anointing Gabe Davis as the future co-WR1 of Buffalo, but give me a break, I had to take a shot at a 23 year old attached to Josh Allen"

I get all of that. But whatever your narrative: Gabe Davis is officially priced right now as "just a guy" on KTC. Literally a back end WR4... this man is now a post-hype sleeper.

Even if he does nothing more than be "just a guy" in 2023 - he is absolutely priced correctly for that, and need simply be "just a guy" to pay off that current ADP. Right now he can be had for a 2nd according to KTC - and you might even be able to do better than that offering a 3rd+.

If I can have him cheap for a pair of 3rds as a contender? I think I'm totally interested in that in the year of our lord 2023. :lol:
I'd argue if you're feeling the need to add Gabe Davis to your roster, you're not a contender, or just bored before the season starts.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:46 am
mild wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 am It's time to resurrect one of the best and least tedious threads on DLF.

But, what's this? It's a huge plot twist... DLF friends... I think, for the first time... I'm in on Gabe Davis.

I know. I knowwwwwww. I know. But here's the thing: this time last year, Gabe Davis was being priced as a premiere WR2, topping out as the WR16 on KTC in September 2022.

Flash forward to now... you can tell yourself any version of the 2022 story that you like: "he was bad because of his ankle"... or, "once Josh Allen hurt his elbow, it just wasn't the same"... or even just:

"We might have been slightly ahead of our skis anointing Gabe Davis as the future co-WR1 of Buffalo, but give me a break, I had to take a shot at a 23 year old attached to Josh Allen"

I get all of that. But whatever your narrative: Gabe Davis is officially priced right now as "just a guy" on KTC. Literally a back end WR4... this man is now a post-hype sleeper.

Even if he does nothing more than be "just a guy" in 2023 - he is absolutely priced correctly for that, and need simply be "just a guy" to pay off that current ADP. Right now he can be had for a 2nd according to KTC - and you might even be able to do better than that offering a 3rd+.

If I can have him cheap for a pair of 3rds as a contender? I think I'm totally interested in that in the year of our lord 2023. :lol:
I'd argue if you're feeling the need to add Gabe Davis to your roster, you're not a contender, or just bored before the season starts.
Or it's a league like most of mine where you have to start 3-6 WRs. Gladly take him as my WR5-6 where I can throw him in during a bye week or my third flex spot. A guy who put up 15 points in your flex spot as WR6 is pretty useful. And he's easier to acquire than the equivalent RB alternative by a lot.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:46 am I'd argue if you're feeling the need to add Gabe Davis to your roster, you're not a contender, or just bored before the season starts.
So first thing: I am -absolutely- bored-out-of-my-mind right now before the season starts, that's absolutely true.

But I think you're missing a trick here. With Kincaid coming to town, there is reasonable doubt about the target tree in BUF - and perhaps a Gabe owner is now seeing that target tree doubt.

What does Kincaid cost - a late 1st in our current drafts? A high 2nd?

If you're a Josh Allen owner - Gabe Davis is now officially the cheapest correlated stack that you can put into your flex spot to boost your Josh Allen spike weeks.

If you're a contender that owns Allen but no correlated pass catcher? Then you should absolutely 900% be all over this for a late 2nd + a 3rd.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:46 am

He’d be a great guy on contender best ball team imo
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:49 pm

Gabe Davis is DeSean Jackson. Awesome in best ball, a headache everywhere else. I have not changed my view
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:03 pm

terrencethagreat wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:55 pm Screenshot_20230828_185456_Gallery.jpg
murphysxm wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:49 pm Gabe Davis is DeSean Jackson. Awesome in best ball, a headache everywhere else. I have not changed my view
LOL

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:09 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:49 pm Gabe Davis is DeSean Jackson. Awesome in best ball, a headache everywhere else. I have not changed my view
DeSean Jackson had 5x 1000 yard seasons, and by the time he was Gabe Davis' age now (24) already had over 3000 receiving yards in his first 3 years of being in the league.

(Gabe has 1900 yards in 3 years whilst being attached to Josh Allen)

I would 100% buy prime DeSean Jackson for a pair of 3rds.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:12 pm

FA after the season and probably walking. I don't know if he'll ever have a better script than last season when they were hoping for him to be that sidekick to Diggs.

His value might plummet even more after the year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:29 pm

Seems to be a deeply closeted way of admitting something.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:35 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:12 pm FA after the season and probably walking. I don't know if he'll ever have a better script than last season when they were hoping for him to be that sidekick to Diggs.

His value might plummet even more after the year.
THis season means a lot for his future, for sure.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:38 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:09 pm
DeSean Jackson had 5x 1000 yard seasons, and by the time he was Gabe Davis' age now (24) already had over 3000 receiving yards in his first 3 years of being in the league.

(Gabe has 1900 yards in 3 years whilst being attached to Josh Allen)

I would 100% buy prime DeSean Jackson for a pair of 3rds.
Yeah, discount D Jax, if anything. D Jax was a lot faster, too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:27 pm The best use for Gabe Davis in a trade is to try and package up IMO. Whether it's moving up in the first, or packaging him with another player to get a player you consider better than that player.
Still think this is the case.