Chase "MAPLETRON" Claypool

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Chase "MAPLETRON" Claypool

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:08 pm Prepare for the low-ball offers if you took him late 2nd or 3rd round
Lol where else did you draft him? That was his value in drafts.

I got him everywhere though at the back end of 2nd and 3rd rounds he was my default from 2.8 down in Superflex leagues. Think I am sitting with about 70% ownership in all my leagues. Be interesting to see how he does with Johnson down and looking likely to miss a few weeks

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:22 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:01 pm I'm convinced Claypool is going to be a star.
You're not alone 8-)

For the record he's been making incredible plays nearly every week.

Also, he had wayyyy more quickness than given credit for in the draft process.

His FPPT must be through the roof :lol:

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:40 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:36 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:04 pm Thinking of offering Jeudy for him. Maybe even Jeudy + a 2nd.
oh brother.
Why not wait a week or two, and get a better deal. Why buy off of this? Doesn't make sense, and I like Chase.
Sometimes buying high is the right move. If Claypool validates this with a 6-90-1 next week, hes pretty much untouchable. If you want him and strike now, you'll have to pay a hefty price, but the other owner could be thinking the standard sell high mentality and move him.

Its a risky play no doubt and its something I would rarely consider. Watching these first 4 games, Chase looks like a stud in the making and Jeudy looks like a future WR2/3 type to me. Could be wrong, but I'd rather follow my instincts and live with it than not do so and regret it. I could let the next couple weeks play out but it doesn't mean they'll play out favorably. He was the only receiver used in heavy packages at the goalline...I do not like odds of dodging TDs from Claypool the next couple weeks AND ALSO having Jeudy put up numbers that make him more attractive.

Its the same thing with Tonyan, except I actually snagged him in all my FFPC leagues the week before the eruption. I am absolutely not looking to flip him though. A lot of different considerations given that he's a TE and the landscape of that position compared to WR, but its a similar thought. I wouldn't be overpaying for Tonyan though.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:12 am

He was on another level today.

His senior bowl reps were the best of the class IMO (followed by Van).

It’s still amusing that bums like McFarland, Vaughn and Moss were being drafted over him lol.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:37 am

skinfanjon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:59 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:36 pm

oh brother.
Why not wait a week or two, and get a better deal. Why buy off of this? Doesn't make sense, and I like Chase.
Sometimes buying high is the right move. If Claypool validates this with a 6-90-1 next week, hes pretty much untouchable. If you want him and strike now, you'll have to pay a hefty price, but the other owner could be thinking the standard sell high mentality and move him.

Its a risky play no doubt and its something I would rarely consider. Watching these first 4 games, Chase looks like a stud in the making and Jeudy looks like a future WR2/3 type to me. Could be wrong, but I'd rather follow my instincts and live with it than not do so and regret it. I could let the next couple weeks play out but it doesn't mean they'll play out favorably. He was the only receiver used in heavy packages at the goalline...I do not like odds of dodging TDs from Claypool the next couple weeks AND ALSO having Jeudy put up numbers that make him more attractive.

Its the same thing with Tonyan, except I actually snagged him in all my FFPC leagues the week before the eruption. I am absolutely not looking to flip him though. A lot of different considerations given that he's a TE and the landscape of that position compared to WR, but its a similar thought. I wouldn't be overpaying for Tonyan though.
It's clear Claypool flashed in a big way yesterday, but you're basing your valuation of him on a clear outlier game.

I don't see how anyone can say that Claypool looks like a star, but Jeudy looks like a WR3. That sounds like someone who watched Sportscenter highlights and isn't actually watching games.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:35 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:37 am
skinfanjon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:59 pm

It's clear Claypool flashed in a big way yesterday, but you're basing your valuation of him on a clear outlier game.

I don't see how anyone can say that Claypool looks like a star, but Jeudy looks like a WR3. That sounds like someone who watched Sportscenter highlights and isn't actually watching games.
I'm basing my evaluation on everything hes done this season. The outlier game tells me what I saw in the first three games is real and not a flash in the pan.

Lol @ sportscenter. I spend every Sunday parked on the couch for 12 hours with multiple screens, and there's no shortage of cutups available after the games to analyze on twitter. I've seen every target both guys have in the NFL.

Durung rookie drafts I was 100% sold on two receivers- Lamb and Jefferson. I liked several more guys for sure and Jeudy was my defacto #3, but I've had this nagging thought of lower ceiling for him the whole time...I just didn't know who I preferred to him.

You prefer Jeudy, thats fine. I dont. And I have a surplus of picks in this league so I'm willing to make what appears like an overpay for a guy which ultimately I think may prove to be a steal.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:01 am

Why is he called Mapletron again? Canadian, that's it? It's uh... unique, sure, that's it.

Better than Preston Williams as the Unicorn. I almost fell out my chair when I saw that for the first time today. :eh:

Kudos to those who drafted him, this "Tight End" is looking pretty good. :think:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:14 am

Got Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson and Claypool in a startup I did this year, I'm quite happy with that right now.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:25 am

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:35 am
I'm basing my evaluation on everything hes done this season. The outlier game tells me what I saw in the first three games is real and not a flash in the pan.

Lol @ sportscenter. I spend every Sunday parked on the couch for 12 hours with multiple screens, and there's no shortage of cutups available after the games to analyze on twitter. I've seen every target both guys have in the NFL.

Durung rookie drafts I was 100% sold on two receivers- Lamb and Jefferson. I liked several more guys for sure and Jeudy was my defacto #3, but I've had this nagging thought of lower ceiling for him the whole time...I just didn't know who I preferred to him.

You prefer Jeudy, thats fine. I dont. And I have a surplus of picks in this league so I'm willing to make what appears like an overpay for a guy which ultimately I think may prove to be a steal.
I'm not knocking you for liking Claypool. I understand that appeal and I mentioned earlier in this thread that the usage/big plays/TDs are eerily similar to Martavis Bryant (which is a good thing).

I'm simply saying that the logic that "Claypool looks like a star" and "Jeudy looks like a WR3" is not true and a tremendous overreaction.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:28 am

He clearly looks great, unfortunately that doesn't make him an auto start right now, I'm not sure when he's going to have big games and a dedicated roll is only likely if juju or diontae are out (I wouldn't feel great if he was in only 3 wide sets). I have 3 wr slots and 2 flex. I can start MT, Allen, DJ Chark, Hollywood and Jeudy which leaves edwards and clapyool on my bench right now.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:35 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:25 am
skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:35 am

I'm not knocking you for liking Claypool. I understand that appeal and I mentioned earlier in this thread that the usage/big plays/TDs are eerily similar to Martavis Bryant (which is a good thing).

I'm simply saying that the logic that "Claypool looks like a star" and "Jeudy looks like a WR3" is not true and a tremendous overreaction.
Or it is true and not an overreaction at all. You have an OPINION and so do I. We disagree. You need to allow room for the possibility you are wrong. Period the end.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:38 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:14 am Got Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson and Claypool in a startup I did this year, I'm quite happy with that right now.
What a draft. You have the 3 rookies have proven the most at WR and another one in Jeudy who was considered the best by many, though he is in a bad situation. Looks like you nailed that draft.

To give comparisons for everyone I was trying to buy him before this game based on what I saw so far this season. He looks like a Mike Evans/Kenny Golladay/Calvin Johnson type. He's both a jump ball threat and a deep threat. I'd recommend buying before his value goes even higher.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 am

Damn. Offer of Jeudy + 2nd rejected without counter. I kinda expected it from this owner.

Train has left the station folks.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:59 am

He was one that I really didn't spend time studying in the off season. Regretting that now. He is looking fantastic.

Gave a very polished interview yesterday. He looks and acts like the real deal. Looks to have star power. Time will tell but I wouldn't see him cheap if I owned him.

Not sure I would be selling Juedy for him just yet but he is worth further research.

One thing is certain; Big Ben isn't afraid to target him at all and that bodes well for a consistent increase in targets going forward. 11 yesterday was quite impressive and what Lamb had yesterday. He will command teams better DB's going forward so we will find out soon enough if he can handle the more elite defenders on teams.

This class or WR's looks pretty amazing.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:37 am

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 am Damn. Offer of Jeudy + 2nd rejected without counter. I kinda expected it from this owner.

Train has left the station folks.
I think most Claypool owners would snap accept that. Also this is the absolute worst time to buy Claypool. I'd rather bet that he'll have a couple relatively down games soon and then make an offer for him.
Last edited by hoos89 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1