Chase "MAPLETRON" Claypool

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Chase "MAPLETRON" Claypool

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:09 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:08 pm Mapletron will be a beast. I thought he was similar to VJax, who also had his share of ups and downs and didn’t fully fire until year 4. It’s going to happen guys, strap in and hang on
Sadly Pickens clears easily :shock:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:09 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:06 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:56 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:46 pm

Turns out the 2nd was possibly the most valuable piece
Words to live by!

Rule 1
Never add assets when trading 1 bust for another bust!
😜👌
But their brains aren't even fully developed yet!
No doubt they are nothing like Gabe Davis but give them a few years and instead of the ball hitting them in the head they might actually catch it! 👍
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:28 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:09 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:06 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:56 pm

Words to live by!

Rule 1
Never add assets when trading 1 bust for another bust!
😜👌
But their brains aren't even fully developed yet!
No doubt they are nothing like Gabe Davis but give them a few years and instead of the ball hitting them in the head they might actually catch it! 👍
What about Velus? He's old af and the ball is hitting him in the head 😂

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:58 am

Wonder if the Bears want their 2nd back now that it's the 33rd overall pick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:49 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:58 am Wonder if the Bears want their 2nd back now that it's the 33rd overall pick
32nd overall* because Miami forfeited their 1st. Essentially a 1st round pick.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:00 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:58 am Wonder if the Bears want their 2nd back now that it's the 33rd overall pick
Let's give Claypool a full year and a full off-season to get on board. Last year the top six WRs went off the board in the first round. So if this year you have something like:

JSN
Addison
Johnston
Boutte
Downs
Hyatt

Would you still take Claypool over

Rice
Flowers
Mims
Tillman

IDK yet. But I THINK so. Hopefully the Bears will add one of those two six to Mooney and Claypool. I think he and Mooney can be high upside WR2s, with flashes of WR1. But we need a true WR1. Maybe FA, maybe draft.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:29 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:00 am
Let's give Claypool a full year and a full off-season to get on board. Last year the top six WRs went off the board in the first round. So if this year you have something like:

JSN
Addison
Johnston
Boutte
Downs
Hyatt

Rice
Flowers
Mims
Tillman

IDK yet. But I THINK so. Hopefully the Bears will add one of those two six to Mooney and Claypool. I think he and Mooney can be high upside WR2s, with flashes of WR1. But we need a true WR1. Maybe FA, maybe draft.
Would almost surely take any of the top 6 over Claypool and I don't think they're all gone by 32. Last year's WR class was better. I think 4-5 go in the 1st this year. Lots can happen though and Claypool might turn out better than some of these guys. But his contract also only has 1 year left. Factor that in, and I'd much rather take a shot on a rookie.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:38 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:29 am Would almost surely take any of the top 6 over Claypool and I don't think they're all gone by 32. Last year's WR class was better. I think 4-5 go in the 1st this year. Lots can happen though and Claypool might turn out better than some of these guys. But his contract also only has 1 year left. Factor that in, and I'd much rather take a shot on a rookie.
This was the part of the trade I didn't understand, and still really don't

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:41 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:00 am

JSN
Addison
Johnston
Boutte
Downs
Hyatt

Rice
Flowers
Mims
Tillman

It was a much better WR class last year. I also thijk that this class is better overall which should suppress the WR value relatively a bit. This year is relatively top heavy but it thins out pretty quickly. I think there is a decent change that at least one guy outside of the top 3 will be there at 32.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:43 am

Unless there’s a cut, the Bears aren’t getting a WR1 in free agency. Unless you consider a Lazard, Chark, JuJu, Meyers, etc as a WR1.

It will have to be a trade or draft. Should be interesting to see what they do.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:58 am

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:43 am Unless there’s a cut, the Bears aren’t getting a WR1 in free agency. Unless you consider a Lazard, Chark, JuJu, Meyers, etc as a WR1.

It will have to be a trade or draft. Should be interesting to see what they do.
Bad WR FA class... They definitely aren't WR1s but CHI needs someone else. I look at some of them similar to Claypool. Chark would be a good speedster addition to Claypool and Mooney imo. None are world beaters, but those 3 seem like a decent trio when looking at past CHI WR core.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:09 am

Hopkins seems to be on the market? Pick up him and maybe a Lazard/Chark/Lazard and then draft somebody in the 2nd? Personally I'd love them to trade back and take JSN in the mid-first. But 2nd round? Downs? Rice? IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:59 am

Traded to the Dolphins… Mapletron lives!!!

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:38 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:59 am Traded to the Dolphins… Mapletron lives!!!
:thumbdown:

I guess the good news is whatever Chicago gave Miami to take on CC. What did we get?
Last edited by Anteaters on Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:38 am

What a bust. That really was a horrible move by the Bears. Really did not work out at all.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: