Chase "MAPLETRON" Claypool

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Chase "MAPLETRON" Claypool

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:39 am

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:35 am Or it is true and not an overreaction at all. You have an OPINION and so do I. We disagree. You need to allow room for the possibility you are wrong. Period the end.
Thats such an ironic statement.

Look, crazier things have happened. I'm not ruling out that he can't be a stud. I'm simply saying that your evaluation of who they are right now is poor if you think Jeudy "looks like a WR3" because "he plays too cute."

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:51 am

hoos89 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:37 am
skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 am Damn. Offer of Jeudy + 2nd rejected without counter. I kinda expected it from this owner.

Train has left the station folks.
I think most Claypool owners would snap accept that. Also this is the absolute worst time to buy Claypool. I'd rather bet that he'll have a couple relatively down games soon and then make an offer for him.
DK's success is going to make it hard for people to let go of him. The NFL has had a few down years without true alpha WR's emerging.. and it looks like DK and Claypool (and AJB) could be the size speed specimens that dominated fantasy football for decades that we've been missing.

(I think Claypool's ascension is premature -- need to see what he does with Diontae healthy) but I wouldn't fault anyone for being enamored with his upside.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:23 am

Are we starting Claypool now?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:24 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:23 am Are we starting Claypool now?
I'm playing him as my wr5/6 in more than a few leagues

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:31 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:24 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:23 am Are we starting Claypool now?
I'm playing him as my wr5/6 in more than a few leagues
Yeah, I may have some needs for him at WR4-6.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:39 am
skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:35 am Or it is true and not an overreaction at all. You have an OPINION and so do I. We disagree. You need to allow room for the possibility you are wrong. Period the end.

Thats such an ironic statement

Look, crazier things have happened. I'm not ruling out that he can't be a stud. I'm simply saying that your evaluation of who they are right now is poor if you think Jeudy "looks like a WR3" because "he plays too cute."
I literally said I could be wrong but I'd rather follow my gut and have it backfire than not do so and miss out.

I dont have time to write a bleep thesis about it. Boiling down to a few bullet points. You are condescending and dismissive of any thoughts contrary to your own and its therefore not worth discussing with you.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:58 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:39 am

Thats such an ironic statement

I literally said I could be wrong but I'd rather follow my gut and have it backfire than not do so and miss out.

I dont have time to write a bleep thesis about it. Boiling down to a few bullet points. You are condescending and dismissive of any thoughts contrary to your own and its therefore not worth discussing with you.
You're getting really defensive for no reason. I'm not telling you who you can and can't like. Trade whoever you want for him; it's your team and your enjoyment of a hobby.

Jerry Jeudy is 21 years old and currently on pace for 60/936/4 as a rookie. Keep in mind that this pace isn't boosted by any outlier weeks. How is that the trajectory of someone who looks like a WR3?

To each his own, but when you make a weird statement that isn't supported by anything on a message board, people are going to question you and it's not a matter of "being dismissive of contrary thought."

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:22 pm

Got offered Jarvis Landry for him, no thanks.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:56 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 am Damn. Offer of Jeudy + 2nd rejected without counter. I kinda expected it from this owner.

I think most Claypool owners would snap accept that. Also this is the absolute worst time to buy Claypool. I'd rather bet that he'll have a couple relatively down games soon and then make an offer for him.
I wouldn’t.

He was a yard away from another TD last week and easily could have housed the end around week 1 to seal the game, but showed footy smarts to get down. He’s not just seeing deep targets, he’s being utilised exactly how he should be - screens, end arounds, drag routes etc.

The Steelers know what they are doing, his athleticism in the screen game was evident on film (there is a great example against Iowa State) but people thought he played slow for some reason.

He’s already becoming a large part of the offense, in the red zone on Connors TD they ran him across the formation to fake an end around on all 3 attempts, his usage is only going to increase as the Steelers find more ways to take advantage of his 1% athleticism.

This is not a knock on Jeudy who has looked decent, but Claypool looks like he could be something else. He might never have a game this good again, but I’d rather risk it than sell now based off what I have seen.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:30 pm

You mean he won't have 4 TD every week?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:04 pm

Abso-frickin-lutely. I never try to buy a guy I like after he has a big game.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MNFinFan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MNFinFan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:47 am

Trade offer I got on Claypool.

Receive
Claypool and a 2022 2nd.

Give.
2.01 2021
mid second 2021
Will Dissly
12 Team Super Flex 1.0PPR - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2F,1SF

QB: Tua, Treavor Lawrence, Trey Lance, Jalen Hurts,

RB: D'Andre Swift, Leonard Fournette, Miles Gaskin, Chubba Hubbard, Gio Bernard, Jeremy McNichols, James White, Ty Montgomery, Sony Michel

WR: Jamaar Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Chase Claypool, Laviska Shenault, Brandon Aiyuk, Mecole Hardman, Jacoby Meyers, Preston Williams, Albert Wilson, Tyrell Williams, Trinity Benson, Kalif Raymond, Dante Pettis

TE: Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesicki, Ross Dwelley

Taxi: Freddie Swain, Quez Watkins, Josia Deguara, Rodney Smith, Malcolm Perry, Isiah Wright, Hunter Long, Niko Collins, Ian Book, Demetric Felton, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

2022: 1st & 2nd
2023: 1st through 4th
2024: 1st through 5th

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 am

MNFinFan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:47 am Trade offer I got on Claypool.

Receive
Claypool and a 2022 2nd.

Give.
2.01 2021
mid second 2021
Will Dissly
Wrong forum for this question, that said it's a snap accept for me.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Agree YES
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:38 pm

So are people now willing to accept that he's actually just good and we don't need to be that worried about the competition at WR?
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1