Vereen Injury

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Vereen Injury

Postby Madtoker » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:17 am

(Rotoworld) The Boston Herald suggests second-round RB Shane Vereen could in up on injured reserve once the season starts. Analysis: Vereen has only participated in a few full practices all preseason thanks to a hamstring injury. With the Patriots loaded at running back, the Herald suggests that Vereen could even end up with a "redshirt" year if he doesn't get back on the field soon. Since Vereen did participate in a few practices, he's not eligible for the regular season PUP list.

Wth, I just put Leshoure on IR!!! My RB's are crumbling before my very eyes :evil:

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Vereen Injury

Postby hosler427 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:25 am

Full speculation. To burn a year of a contract of a talented player that could learn a lot from game experience is ridiculous to me.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Boston Herald is a reputable site as far as Pats coverage goes, but I doubt they put him on IR. It's not out of the realm of possibility, if they feel they're comfortable with BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley, and Morris
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:10 pm

seahawks506 wrote:Boston Herald is a reputable site as far as Pats coverage goes, but I doubt they put him on IR. It's not out of the realm of possibility, if they feel they're comfortable with BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley, and Morris

I think they are with those guys producing fairly well last season. Ridley seemingly being able to do some rushing work, too.. could just add to this.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Woodhead looking pretty good so far..
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:54 pm

So is lawfirm.... let the nightmare of the Pats RBBC commence
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm rolling with Lawfirm & Woodhead this year.

Vereen & Ridley for the future.

I got 3 dynasty teams with Vereen on them, and I'm happy to have him sitting on my bench. Jamaal Charles didn't do much his rookie year, but look how things worked out.

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:02 pm

jordanzs wrote:I'm rolling with Lawfirm & Woodhead this year.

Vereen & Ridley for the future.

I got 3 dynasty teams with Vereen on them, and I'm happy to have him sitting on my bench. Jamaal Charles didn't do much his rookie year, but look how things worked out.
:clap: It is dynasty after all!!

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:15 am

Hmm another story from The Boston Globe this time.

(Rotoworld) The Boston Globe now suggests injured rookie Shane Vereen is indeed in danger of not being on the Patriots' final 53-man roster. Analysis: Vereen basically hasn't done anything in camp, and he's buried in an extremely crowded backfield. "The second round pick seems to be a cut-worthy candidate without any practice or game action to go on," says Boston.com blogger Zuri Berry. The Patriots probably won't give up on Vereen, but the "redshirt" possibility of placing him on injured reserve is a realistic scenario.

I know it's a blogger but where there is smoke...

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:23 am

Madtoker wrote:Hmm another story from The Boston Globe this time.

(Rotoworld) The Boston Globe now suggests injured rookie Shane Vereen is indeed in danger of not being on the Patriots' final 53-man roster. Analysis: Vereen basically hasn't done anything in camp, and he's buried in an extremely crowded backfield. "The second round pick seems to be a cut-worthy candidate without any practice or game action to go on," says Boston.com blogger Zuri Berry. The Patriots probably won't give up on Vereen, but the "redshirt" possibility of placing him on injured reserve is a realistic scenario.

It would take all of procedural time for another team to snatch up Vereen. You don't find second rounders up for grabs all that often, I think they would much rather IR him first.

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:31 am

seahawks506 wrote:

It would take all of procedural time for another team to snatch up Vereen. You don't find second rounders up for grabs all that often, I think they would much rather IR him first.

I read in order for them to IR him he would have to clear waivers. if this is true, I cant see them exposing him like that.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:34 am

JM4Steelers wrote:
seahawks506 wrote:

I read in order for them to IR him he would have to clear waivers. if this is true, I cant see them exposing him like that.
Really? I'm not big on rules but it seems plausible, probably because he's a rookie.

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:39 am

seahawks506 wrote:
JM4Steelers wrote:
seahawks506 wrote: It would take all of procedural time for another team to snatch up Vereen. You don't find second rounders up for grabs all that often, I think they would much rather IR him first.

Really? I'm not big on rules but it seems plausible, probably because he's a rookie.
This is per david Yudkin, moderator at Footballguys. Take that for what it is worth but he seems like he knows his stuff.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Possibly good news (especially for Dan :)

According to the Boston Globe, rookie RB Shane Vereen is "undoubtedly headed onto the 53-man roster."ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss agrees. It's not unusual for a fringe player to be placed on injured reserve with a hamstring issue -- as the Boston Herald suggested -- but it would be extremely rare for a second-round pick. Vereen has now missed over two weeks of practice time after flashing intriguing speed in the first few days of camp. Aug 18, 3:06 PMSource: Boston Globe
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince