What if the 2020 season is cancelled?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Suiken
Rookie
Rookie

What if the 2020 season is cancelled?

Postby Suiken » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:05 am

Assuming you believe the 2020 season will not happen or will stop early, how are you trading to reflect that? Obviously trying to get younger is the first order of business, but is there any other crafty thing to be doing to get ahead of this and be looking better if the season is cancelled/stopped early.

This is not meant to be a debate about whether the season will happen or not, but what you would do if you were betting that it wouldn't. Thanks for your thoughts!
12 Team, Half PPR (1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex)
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, W. Levis
RB: J. Taylor, T. Pollard, K. Herbert, J. Ford
WR: N. Collins, Q. Johnston, C. Godwin, J. Meyers, G. Pickens, J. Palmer, E. Moore, B. Cooks, M. Thomas, M. Mims, A. Pierce, J. Tolbert
TE: K. Pitts, G. Everett

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: What if the 2020 season is cancelled?

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:53 am

:doh: :wall:
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Prospector
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prospector » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:03 pm

Here is what I put together:

Here are some guidelines that we will be following:

New for this season only:
1.) I will max out the IR/OUT slots. These additional slots will be used to stash players out due to COVID-19. If they are marked out and it is for COVID, you may place them in the extra IR slots until they recover and return to action. With this being bestball, it makes no sense to have a bunch of guys on your active roster because of COVID. The point is to have as many active players on your roster as possible

2.) You will still have your regular 8 IR slots for regular injuries/OUT players.

3.) I will use commish powers to move any players that refuse to play this season due to the risk of COVID-19 to an IR spot. If players choose to skip this season due to the virus, I will make that move if it is clearly stated by the player or team. You can leave that player in an IR slot for the season regardless of their designation.

4.) Once a player returns, the expectation is that you are actively monitoring this as a manager, I will allow one grace period if a player starts a game and is still on your IR. Sometimes players make surprise returns. Once they play a game, they will need to be activated or cut by the next game (assuming they did not get reinjured and tagged as out). If they are not, I will cut them. I will attempt to reach out before cutting through a GroupMe direct message.

5.) These extra IR slots are working under the honor system. I expect not to see FAs and/or players that got a random injury picked up and thrown on IR and hidden long term hoping they get signed or break out eventually. If this is happening, you will be given a week to make an appropriate move. A player must actually be injured and out to remain in one of your 8 slots or the out with COVID-19 for the extra slots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If we play less than 6 games, the season will be considered a wash and dues will be pushed to the 2021 season. Depending on what MFL does in terms of a refund percentage, we will divide up the cost of that when the time comes. I would be pushing this season’s dues and MFL dues to next year.

a) We will then be paid for the 2021 season. And only have to cover whatever MFL charges us for a partial season.
b) If you paid into 2021 already, you will then have the option of having that refunded as you did not trade a 2022 pick and therefore did not need to pay for that season. MFL typically has a policy of paying out at the end of seasons on a particular date to avoid commissioner abuse of funds. We are currently set to complete votes for the release of funds in our league. I imagine that I can just request a reversal of the transaction.
c) I will not count any partial weeks played in the total points for this situation.
d) The draft will be weighted by total points from 19-20 season plus any completed weeks in the 20-21 season. Those total points will be used to create 3 separate brackets; Bottom-four, Mid-four, top-four teams. We will then weight the teams and have a lotto for the corresponding draft picks. I will add the formula here soon. You can expect it to go something like the following... lowest scoring team gets 20 entries, 2nd lowest gets 16, 3rd lowest Gets 12 entries, and 4th lowest gets 8. The entries are not finalized yet. (Katie Flower of UTH recently discussed this idea on a pod). I’ll use this website and invite some witnesses for a live lotto. https://www.draftpicklottery.com/lineup.php

If we play 6 or more games AND do not complete the playoffs, I will calculate the standings based on how far we made it into the playoffs using the regular bylaws and then use total points for any remaining teams that are still actively playing.
a) If we have not played any playoff games, the prizes will go from 1st = most total points to last = least total points. Records will not matter at all.
b) If we play a round or more of the playoffs, the bottom 6 teams will be determined as usual, the eliminated teams will be determined as usual, and the remaining teams will be determined by total points. I know that is not quite fully ideal but it is highly motivating for working that waiver wire!
c) I will not count any partial weeks played in the total points for this situation.

Suiken
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Suiken » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:53 am :doh: :wall:
Not sure what you mean here. Are you implying that you are 100% certain that a full season is going to happen? If you think that, I have a bridge to sell you...
Last edited by Suiken on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WR: N. Collins, Q. Johnston, C. Godwin, J. Meyers, G. Pickens, J. Palmer, E. Moore, B. Cooks, M. Thomas, M. Mims, A. Pierce, J. Tolbert

Suiken
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Suiken » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:42 pm

Prospector wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:03 pm Here is what I put together:

Here are some guidelines that we will be following:
Thanks this is informative. How are you building your roster to account for the possibility of a cancelled season?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 am

Suiken wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm
Not sure what you mean here. Are you implying that you are 100% certain that a full season is going to happen? If you think that, I have a bridge to sell you...
He's implying that this thread already exists in multiple forms and there is no need for another one.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:39 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 am
Suiken wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm
He's implying that this thread already exists in multiple forms and there is no need for another one.
🎯
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:12 am

Don't worry about a full cancelation. If you think it's possible and want to sell a bridge while you're at it, Its probably worth more than you think

So like I said a month or so back, there will be a season. Whoever panicked over opt outs can breath easy now. Those of us who realize how the owners and players would not give up millions and millions of dollars over covid are not surprised by the opt outs having almost 0 effect on fantasy.

I would plan for a possible shortened season or uneven season as some teams may play fewer games than others.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver