Dynasty SF Startup Draft

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Konehead94
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Dynasty SF Startup Draft

Postby Konehead94 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:36 pm

This is my first year doing a dynasty league.. I have the 2nd pick in a 12t PPR SF league and was wondering what I should do. Assuming Mahomes goes 1, should I take Lamar/CMC/Saquon or try and trade out of it.. what’s a reasonable offer to make if I was to trade out. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Qb: Dak, Tua, Deshaun Watson, Daniel Jones , heinecke

Rb: Saquon, Gibson, mostert, rojo, chase Edmonds,
Lynn Bowden, Michael Carter

Wr: Amari Cooper, Thielen, Keenan Allen, diontae Johnson, Robert woods, , Anthony Miller

TE: Fant, Herndon, Allie-Cox

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Dynasty SF Startup Draft

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat May 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Welcome!

There's a whole separate forum for team advice.

I would say you should always consider trading back. Let people know you're listening to offers for the pick. Start by seeing if you can get a future first and a few later round move-ups just to move back in the first round.

Dynasty Trade Calculator has a functional Startup Trade Calculator that you can customize to your league if you're looking for help.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat May 02, 2020 1:22 pm

Konehead94 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:36 pm This is my first year doing a dynasty league.. I have the 2nd pick in a 12t PPR SF league and was wondering what I should do. Assuming Mahomes goes 1, should I take Lamar/CMC/Saquon or try and trade out of it.. what’s a reasonable offer to make if I was to trade out. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Any of those is fine. And I've seen people trade out of a top 1st for 2nd + 3rd round startup pick plus future 1st. That's usually a great deal and can really build your depth.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed May 06, 2020 6:14 am

Agree with what the replies above said, I'd just add in make sure you come up with an initial strategy and stick to it. If you're trading back from 1.02 odds are you're building more for depth and upside rather than shooting for studs; which would mean you are probably aren't looking to go all out for a win in your first year. If that's the case (and a good strategy IMO during a Dynasty start up), stay consistent with it. Look for multiple opportunities to trade back and acquire future rookie picks, even if its 2 years out (2022 draft). Draft with more of an emphasis on BPA rather than team need, don't worry as much about positional depth for year 1, look for young upside high risk/high reward players, etc etc.

If you have an active league that trades a lot you'll still have a fun first season/offseason making moves and positioning yourself for the future despite not winning much, and will most likely have a better chance at having a solid team for 3-4 years later rather than a really good one at the start for a year or two that dies off quickly. You typically either want to have a team you're "sure" will make the playoffs, or a team you're "sure" will be in the bottom 2-3. Being stuck at 7-6 every year is Dynasty purgatory.

Bk0234
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bk0234 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:32 am

In my 14 team SF startup a couple weeks ago, 1.4 was traded for 2.12 and 3.3.