2020 Plant your flag

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2020 Plant your flag

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:19 am

Injuries often shape FF seasons and Championships. This season, the "injury" will be COVID. Players we roster will get it. Not only the affect of actual players we roster, but the teams they play on will be affected. What will happen if the entire OL room tests positive for a team? Or a team loses 3 starting defenders? It will surely affect game script. Depth and luck, as always will be key, but even more so this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:19 am Injuries often shape FF seasons and Championships. This season, the "injury" will be COVID. Players we roster will get it. Not only the affect of actual players we roster, but the teams they play on will be affected. What will happen if the entire OL room tests positive for a team? Or a team loses 3 starting defenders? It will surely affect game script. Depth and luck, as always will be key, but even more so this year.
If a player or coach gets the virus the season is over. Anyone that was in contact with him will have to self isolate for 2 weeks.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:53 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:24 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 pm
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:42 pm
Depends on the volume? Brees has been super efficient. Jameis threw the ball 628 times. Id have to think alot of that was garbage time too. If hes throwing the ball all day like with the Bucs then i can see a boost...but not if hes throwing the same amount of passes as Brees.

But i dont see this scenario playing out regardless.
I don't understand why people think a guy who couldn't get a starting gig would just walk into any situation (especially one with a hyper efficient QB) and make it better. Winston had amazing WR's and a D that couldn't stop anybody helping game script. The idea Winston in a vacuum is a better QB for FF in NO's is sketchy at best to me.
I mean. He could throw picks and help the game script himself.
Last year in particular he was more creating the bad game scripts as his defense was actually somewhat decent
To some degree. He could also get benched for Hill if that happens. The narrative that throwing a bunch of picks is always good for game script I don't buy. Last season there were a bunch of reasons Winston had so many yards, and a lot of that was not due to him, directly.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:53 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:53 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:19 am Injuries often shape FF seasons and Championships. This season, the "injury" will be COVID. Players we roster will get it. Not only the affect of actual players we roster, but the teams they play on will be affected. What will happen if the entire OL room tests positive for a team? Or a team loses 3 starting defenders? It will surely affect game script. Depth and luck, as always will be key, but even more so this year.
If a player or coach gets the virus the season is over. Anyone that was in contact with him will have to self isolate for 2 weeks.
They are obviously putting plans in place with tests etc. That's not going to be the case, IMO. They will be testing each player quite regularly by that point IMO. A player WILL get it, it's basically a guarantee. They know this. I disagree that they plan to cancel the season if 1 player gets it. I am not convinced we will see a full season, though. Right now at least 5 Alabama players have tested positive, for instance. Football players aren't immune to this thing, and as I said, it's almost 100 percent certain someone in the NFL gets it. If they have fans, it's going to be far more rampant for people in general. If Sports seasons are going to be cancelled if 1 player gets it, we won't have any pro sports for years.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:51 pm

I agree FF, there are players in the NHL and NBA that are testing positive, and those leagues are still planning on some sort of playoff. You don't need a 2 week self isolation if you are being tested daily (twice daily?). Expect each league to have dedicated labs for their own high volume testing.

But yeah it will become a big deal when enough of the depth chart has tested positive. Some people are staying positive for 6 weeks after their initial test - that would really interrupt a players season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:03 pm

Csl312 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:51 pm I agree FF, there are players in the NHL and NBA that are testing positive, and those leagues are still planning on some sort of playoff. You don't need a 2 week self isolation if you are being tested daily (twice daily?). Expect each league to have dedicated labs for their own high volume testing.

But yeah it will become a big deal when enough of the depth chart has tested positive. Some people are staying positive for 6 weeks after their initial test - that would really interrupt a players season.
Zeke, and other players test positive.

https://www.nfl.com/news/multiple-cowbo ... r-covid-19

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Unfortunately, I think at least one of these players aren't going to walk away from COVID with a minor leave of absence.

Even for those that've "recovered" from COVID, some of them will need lung transplants, suffer from strokes after being discharged and or be put on a ventilator.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:29 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:21 pm Unfortunately, I think at least one of these players aren't going to walk away from COVID with a minor leave of absence.

Even for those that've "recovered" from COVID, some of them will need lung transplants, suffer from strokes after being discharged and or be put on a ventilator.
The other thing I am almost certain of. Almost all games are going to look like a Thursday game between the Jets and Redskins this year. Sloppy, bad football.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:29 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:21 pm Unfortunately, I think at least one of these players aren't going to walk away from COVID with a minor leave of absence.

The other thing I am almost certain of. Almost all games are going to look like a Thursday game between the Jets and Redskins this year. Sloppy, bad football.
Technically it's still football? I guess I'll take something over nothing.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th