2020 Plant your flag

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: 2020 Plant your flag

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:50 am

Csl312 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:21 am Yeah I get it that sounds crazy. But I didn't mean they are just going to stand up. It's not like there have ever been rumors about linemen upset with a QB letting a few plays break down.

Look I think people aren't putting this into proper perspective. This isn't just a political issue or something. These guys are looking at this as about human lives. I don't think it's completely out of the question that they put that cause above winning for a game or two.

That said most likely Brees apology will smooth things over for most players and they will move on.
It was also suggested that Brees would stop throwing to Sanders/MT etc as well, which this would not apply to.

For the linemen, there’s just nothing to gain by endangering their careers to let Brees get hit in the mouth a couple times. If they felt they couldn’t work with Brees anymore, they would simply refuse to report or just show up and take a knee. That’s the professional thing to do and it’s also sending a more effective message. This movement has been struggling hard to remain peaceful because they know there is a huge chunk of people looking for anything to paint the whole movement as violent. Watching Brees get destroyed while his linemen look on would absolutely blow up against them and they’re smart enough to know that.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:34 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:46 pm
Csl312 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 pm I'd be concerned about the oline (which is mostly black) letting Brees get creamed. That would be bad for basically all Saints fantasy production.

Edit to fix auto correct.
Ive seen a lot of ridiculous comments on this forum. Ones about Damien Williams being THE RB1, we had a constant troll on here all of last summer named Turco, etc etc. This one is right up there with them. Congratulations. These guys are professionals who want to get paid, they are not going to intentionally give up a sack over this. I in fact have hope that this will lead to a discussion and brees will learn some things, if he can then we all can.
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT. I disagree. I could see that happening IF Brees didnt change his tune . and i dont think its crazy at all.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:08 am

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:34 am
Csl312 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 pm I'd be concerned about the oline (which is mostly black) letting Brees get creamed. That would be bad for basically all Saints fantasy production.

Ive seen a lot of ridiculous comments on this forum. Ones about Damien Williams being THE RB1, we had a constant troll on here all of last summer named Turco, etc etc. This one is right up there with them. Congratulations. These guys are professionals who want to get paid, they are not going to intentionally give up a sack over this. I in fact have hope that this will lead to a discussion and brees will learn some things, if he can then we all can.
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT. I disagree. I could see that happening IF Brees didnt change his tune . and i dont think its crazy at all.
No it wouldn't, and yes it would be crazy.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:35 am

Surprised no one has said something like black defenders will hit Brees harder. You know the same way people have said players like Tyreek and Hunt would be hit harder :roll:

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:37 am

I respect your opinion...im not saying they will do it every play but if your team isnt willing to fight that extra mile they once did? Heres what Ian Williams another nfl player said...this is more how i see it.

Talking about, we all in this together. Like bro, you ain't all in this together. You're not. And then you want to post a picture and talk about Black Lives Matter. You are the person, I posted yesterday, don't post a black picture if this is how you feel or how you felt. Damn, Drew. Do you know that your black teammates are going to see this and read about this? Do you think they want to fight the extra mile, fight to hold that defensive lineman that extra little bit for you to get that ball off? You think they want to fight for you now? You won't even fight for them when their lives depend on it. They are fighting for you for a paycheck and a game."

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:09 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:35 am Surprised no one has said something like black defenders will hit Brees harder. You know the same way people have said players like Tyreek and Hunt would be hit harder :roll:
The issue is certainly going to be a divisive one. It's very possible the tension and the side show it creates will hurt the Saints performance in general this year.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:10 am

I'm certainly not saying they will do that. However, it can and HAS happened that Lineman have intentionally given up sacks. Not for this reason, but they have done it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... hell-hurt/
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:57 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:10 am

I'm certainly not saying they will do that. However, it can and HAS happened that Lineman have intentionally given up sacks. Not for this reason, but they have done it.

Okay, so not all of them are professionals...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:57 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:10 am

Okay, so not all of them are professionals...
Crazy thing is, he was a 7 time pro bowler, 3 time All pro, and a SB champ. First round pick, All American. So I'm just saying it can happen. It's not like this was a guy who wasn't dedicated to the game enough and was washed up in a year or two, so that attitude was in line with the a guy who would just give up a sack on purpose. He was a top end guard for a long time. If Brown can do it because he felt the QB should be pulled, it's entirely possible a guy could allow a guy by him for a play, although I'm not suggesting it will be the case. Just in the range of outcomes. We are in uncharted territory with Brees. He is an outsider to a lot of those players now, and that's not going to change. I would hope it wouldn't go that far. I thought the idea of players taking "a dive" in this type of context was absurd until I read it. If one guy did it and admitted to it, who's to say someone else hasn't, but just didn't admit to it? Clearly an outlier, but it's shocking nonetheless.
Janiel Dones Truther

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Jameis would not be bad for the Saints fantasy production. If anything it would boost it.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Jameis would not be bad for the Saints fantasy production. If anything it would boost it.
Depends on the volume? Brees has been super efficient. Jameis threw the ball 628 times. Id have to think alot of that was garbage time too. If hes throwing the ball all day like with the Bucs then i can see a boost...but not if hes throwing the same amount of passes as Brees.

But i dont see this scenario playing out regardless.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:36 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Depends on the volume? Brees has been super efficient. Jameis threw the ball 628 times. Id have to think alot of that was garbage time too. If hes throwing the ball all day like with the Bucs then i can see a boost...but not if hes throwing the same amount of passes as Brees.

I don't see it happening either. I think the implication though is that with James throwing it to the other team the Saints would be playing from ahead a lot less and thus probably need to throw.

Only one in the passing game who might suffer would be Kamara because I don't remember Jameis checking down much on the Bucs

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:15 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:36 pm

I don't see it happening either. I think the implication though is that with James throwing it to the other team the Saints would be playing from ahead a lot less and thus probably need to throw.

Only one in the passing game who might suffer would be Kamara because I don't remember Jameis checking down much on the Bucs
Because he had no one to check down to.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, AD, Pearsall, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Moss, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Kmet, Jordan, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Caleb, Daniels, Cousins,
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez
St. Brown, MHJ, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Odunze, Doubs, Pearsall, Washington, Baker, Cowing, Thrash
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Schoonmaker, Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 pm

I don't understand why people think a guy who couldn't get a starting gig would just walk into any situation (especially one with a hyper efficient QB) and make it better. Winston had amazing WR's and a D that couldn't stop anybody helping game script. The idea Winston in a vacuum is a better QB for FF in NO's is sketchy at best to me.
Janiel Dones Truther

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 pm

I don't understand why people think a guy who couldn't get a starting gig would just walk into any situation (especially one with a hyper efficient QB) and make it better. Winston had amazing WR's and a D that couldn't stop anybody helping game script. The idea Winston in a vacuum is a better QB for FF in NO's is sketchy at best to me.
I mean. He could throw picks and help the game script himself.
Last year in particular he was more creating the bad game scripts as his defense was actually somewhat decent