Stop calling Sammy Watkins a stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
LO777
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Watkins to Chiefs

Postby LO777 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:41 am

it might hurt Kelce slightly but this offense looks a lot scarier now Sammy is there.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 am

Don't see how it could hurt T.Kelce. Different position, different routes. I see Watkins eating directly into T.Hill's targets. I'd imagine that Watkins would be asked to run more deep and intermediate routes from outside. Another weapon for Mahomes can't hurt his acclimation.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:05 am

There's going to be a lot of targets to spread around with Watkins, Hill, Kelce and of course Hunt out of the backfield. I think this helps Mahomes more than it does any of those guys.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 am

As someone who paid a hefty price for Hill, this sucks.

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Monkey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 am

I like this for my Mahomes shares, and I think it's fine for my Hunt shares, but I'm glad I sold Watkins a couple years ago, I think he'll either be 3rd or 4th target behind Kelce and Hill, maybe Hunt.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:23 am

Not the spot I would have wanted Sammy to go to, but it isn't the worst spot either. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out in the coming season(s).

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 am

psu007 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 am Really hard to predict how this goes without knowing how good Mahomes is, but I have to imagine his first season as a starter he won't be airing it out constantly. Feels like someone of Hill, Sammy, or Kelce might have a down year.
Completely on point
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 am

I find it unlikely that Kelce is the one of these offensive weapons to take the hit. Seems, to me more likely that Mahomes leans on Kelce. I know I would.... Anyway, I personally have little confidence in Watkins. I also own no shares in him nor am I looking to acquire him anywhere. I'm not sure how anyone at this point could have a lot of confidence in him. He has always had physical talent and that hasn't been the question. First, I'm not sure he is all that smart of a human being. 2nd, I don't think he is that durable of an athlete. The last 3 seasons he's had 70, 44, and 96 targets. Lets, for the sake of discussion say he gets around 100 targets. (His rookie year I think he had 128 for 66 receptions.) That should get Sammy about 65- maybe 70 receptions. Mahomes isn't known for his touch and accuracy.... And with those receptions, he could crack 1000 yds and 7ish tds, maybe. Those #'s don't scream wr1 folks. Maybe things change. Odd are, Sammy is a mid to low end wr2. Sammy, even with this trade is no better than most teams 3rd or 4th option on most fantasy rosters, and, on KC's offense, he seems to be slotted in as the 4th option in their offense. Not a ton to be too excited about.

Helps Robert Woods though.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:34 am

JFever wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 am I find it unlikely that Kelce is the one of these offensive weapons to take the hit. Seems, to me more likely that Mahomes leans on Kelce. I know I would.... Anyway, I personally have little confidence in Watkins. I also own no shares in him nor am I looking to acquire him anywhere. I'm not sure how anyone at this point could have a lot of confidence in him. He has always had physical talent and that hasn't been the question. First, I'm not sure he is all that smart of a human being. 2nd, I don't think he is that durable of an athlete. The last 3 seasons he's had 70, 44, and 96 targets. Lets, for the sake of discussion say he gets around 100 targets. (His rookie year I think he had 128 for 66 receptions.) That should get Sammy about 65- maybe 70 receptions. Mahomes isn't known for his touch and accuracy.... And with those receptions, he could crack 1000 yds and 7ish tds, maybe. Those #'s don't scream wr1 folks. Maybe things change. Odd are, Sammy is a mid to low end wr2. Sammy, even with this trade is no better than most teams 3rd or 4th option on most fantasy rosters, and, on KC's offense, he seems to be slotted in as the 4th option in their offense. Not a ton to be too excited about.

What evidence leads you to think that?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 am

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:34 am
JFever wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 am I find it unlikely that Kelce is the one of these offensive weapons to take the hit. Seems, to me more likely that Mahomes leans on Kelce. I know I would.... Anyway, I personally have little confidence in Watkins. I also own no shares in him nor am I looking to acquire him anywhere. I'm not sure how anyone at this point could have a lot of confidence in him. He has always had physical talent and that hasn't been the question. First, I'm not sure he is all that smart of a human being. 2nd, I don't think he is that durable of an athlete. The last 3 seasons he's had 70, 44, and 96 targets. Lets, for the sake of discussion say he gets around 100 targets. (His rookie year I think he had 128 for 66 receptions.) That should get Sammy about 65- maybe 70 receptions. Mahomes isn't known for his touch and accuracy.... And with those receptions, he could crack 1000 yds and 7ish tds, maybe. Those #'s don't scream wr1 folks. Maybe things change. Odd are, Sammy is a mid to low end wr2. Sammy, even with this trade is no better than most teams 3rd or 4th option on most fantasy rosters, and, on KC's offense, he seems to be slotted in as the 4th option in their offense. Not a ton to be too excited about.

Flat earth stuff probably

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:41 am

Kelce gonna be the primary target and Tyreek/Sammy will be 1a/1b. Albert Wilson/Demarcus Robinson/Demtrius Harris accounted for like 140 targets last season. There will be room for Sammy to be effective. Not the best case scenario but this is a good move for Sammy without necessarily hurting the incumbent receivers. You don't pay the man $16 million/year w/$30 million guaranteed and not give him targets.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 am

JFever, very smart people have very dumb ideas. Not that there is anyway the earth is flat, but a lot of brilliant people through out time have been called crazy and stupid and been the only person on Earth(the round one) who actually knew what they were talking about.

Anyway being a Flat Earther doesn't automatically make you stupid. Gullible at best.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 am

JFever wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 am Helps Robert Woods though.
Pretty sure this means Bobby Woods will face every opposing defense's top corner every game now and not sure his targets go up drastically. Think it does help Josh Reynolds or whoever Rams sign to replace Sammy though.
Last edited by btv802 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:51 am

Balzac wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 am
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 am

JFever, very smart people have very dumb ideas. Not that there is anyway the earth is flat, but a lot of brilliant people through out time have been called crazy and stupid and been the only person on Earth(the round one) who actually knew what they were talking about.

Anyway being a Flat Earther doesn't automatically make you stupid. Gullible at best.
There is actually evidence that the universe is in fact flat and our perception is more of a hologram. This is beyond the comprehension of most though - https://phys.org/news/2017-01-reveals-s ... verse.html

Point being, alternative beliefs don't make you dumb.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 am As someone who paid a hefty price for Hill, this sucks.
I think it's probably a net neutral thing for Hill. If you were expecting his targets to go up well, ok yes maybe you should be disappointed.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS