Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:23 am TBH, I do wish the NFL would have the equivalent of the Conn Smythe trophy in hockey, though. Best player for the entire playoffs, rather than just the final game.
and they'd still give it to the qb of the winning team.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Well, looks like Lamar is going to have to find a way to jump-start the Ravens offense. Aside from the deep ball to Flowers (and the completion to himself) not much else is working on the AFC Championship stage.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:38 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:36 pm Well, looks like Lamar is going to have to find a way to jump-start the Ravens offense. Aside from the deep ball to Flowers (and the completion to himself) not much else is working on the AFC Championship stage.
His limitations as a passer showing up yet again in the playoffs.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:05 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:38 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:36 pm Well, looks like Lamar is going to have to find a way to jump-start the Ravens offense. Aside from the deep ball to Flowers (and the completion to himself) not much else is working on the AFC Championship stage.
For sure… Andrews 1/9/1. Decoy city.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:08 pm

TheTroll wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:05 pm
I wonder is that's the stat line we get from Deebo a little later.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:11 pm

tstafford wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:08 pm
TheTroll wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:05 pm

I wonder is that's the stat line we get from Deebo a little later.
Might be… I’m surprised a Raven RB hasn’t suffered a serious injury yet.
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke

Picks

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:15 pm

Yep
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:35 pm

Tvols wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:15 pm
Yep
I think this is true, however, I think much of his success was predicated on the elite run game they had all season... which they completely abandoned for no apparent reason. I'm really not sure why they changed up the gameplan that led to so much success.

Also, while he wasn't elite passing the ball by any means, Ravens have a real shot in that game if Zay doesn't fumble away 7 points.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:07 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:35 pm

Yep
I think this is true, however, I think much of his success was predicated on the elite run game they had all season... which they completely abandoned for no apparent reason. I'm really not sure why they changed up the gameplan that led to so much success.

Also, while he wasn't elite passing the ball by any means, Ravens have a real shot in that game if Zay doesn't fumble away 7 points.
The panic they displayed was palpable.

Completely abandoned the run game and Lamar was forcing deep shots for no reason.

I do agree, though. Lamar's major weakness is his lack of processing ability. He's not Justin Fields in that area but that's the weakest part of his game by a wide margin.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:08 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:35 pm

Yep

No apparent reason? Why would the Ravens have a run heavy game plan in the biggest game Lamar has played in when he is clearly capable of being a 5,000 yard passer in this league.
His words, not mine.

Lamar has been trying to prove people wrong that he is a legit passer. He is a legit QB due to his elite rushing ability, he should stop trying to prove people wrong.

Maybe this year will humble him a little and Baltimore truly finds what works best in big games against well prepared defenses. The Ravens second best player on offense should be their RB. They need to pair Lamar with some real talent at RB. Maybe Saquan, Henry? I do think Lamar has the talent to win a SB. Although, Mahomes is always going to be there and will be tough for anyone to beat.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:46 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:08 pm They need to pair Lamar with some real talent at RB. Maybe Saquan, Henry? I do think Lamar has the talent to win a SB. Although, Mahomes is always going to be there and will be tough for anyone to beat.
I agree with this. Gus and Justice just aren't it.

A serious running game in addition to what Lamar can do on the ground would be truly formidable. And don't start with, "J.K. is coming back next season."

Been there, done that.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:12 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:46 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:08 pm They need to pair Lamar with some real talent at RB. Maybe Saquan, Henry? I do think Lamar has the talent to win a SB. Although, Mahomes is always going to be there and will be tough for anyone to beat.

A serious running game in addition to what Lamar can do on the ground would be truly formidable. And don't start with, "J.K. is coming back next season."

Been there, done that.
Yep. Could be the re-incarnation of RG3 and Alfred Morris.

I was a big fan of Pacheco as a late round pick. He's still that. He's not a great back. He's fast and runs hard.

I don't think Lamar has the talent to win a SB, in this conference, unless they give him a combo that is unprecedented.

He was terrible on the weekend, considering what was at stake. At home, having the top D, etc. Hey, he made a highlight play, or two, cool. He doesn't read the field like the other top end QB's. He's a fantastic athlete, but he's just not an elite passer. He had the number 1 scoring D, and a lot of times, that can win a SB. He'll need it again....and more, apparently. Lamar isn't good in the playoffs, it's a growing trend. Once he gets into the big games vs the better teams, he can't cut it.

To be fair. Lamar has exceeded all expectations when he came out. He was the last pick of the first round, and they wanted that 5th year, because they knew he was a project. He won an MVP, will get it this year, kind of by default on how they give it out now, and I don't agree with it, but that's not even the point.

He's exceeded the expectations of when he was drafted, but I don't think he's ever going to be an elite passer. He's become a better passer than most, especially Bill Polian would have thought. It's still not enough. He's a guy that can get to this point, and just can't get it done. There may be a time where it happens, not closing the door on it, but I honestly think this was THE YEAR, if it was going to happen.

Time will tell.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:05 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:12 am

Been there, done that.

I was a big fan of Pacheco as a late round pick. He's still that. He's not a great back. He's fast and runs hard.

I don't think Lamar has the talent to win a SB, in this conference, unless they give him a combo that is unprecedented.

He was terrible on the weekend, considering what was at stake. At home, having the top D, etc. Hey, he made a highlight play, or two, cool. He doesn't read the field like the other top end QB's. He's a fantastic athlete, but he's just not an elite passer. He had the number 1 scoring D, and a lot of times, that can win a SB. He'll need it again....and more, apparently. Lamar isn't good in the playoffs, it's a growing trend. Once he gets into the big games vs the better teams, he can't cut it.

To be fair. Lamar has exceeded all expectations when he came out. He was the last pick of the first round, and they wanted that 5th year, because they knew he was a project. He won an MVP, will get it this year, kind of by default on how they give it out now, and I don't agree with it, but that's not even the point.

He's exceeded the expectations of when he was drafted, but I don't think he's ever going to be an elite passer. He's become a better passer than most, especially Bill Polian would have thought. It's still not enough. He's a guy that can get to this point, and just can't get it done. There may be a time where it happens, not closing the door on it, but I honestly think this was THE YEAR, if it was going to happen.

Time will tell.
BAL is jinxed with RB's... The Ravens are the IR waiting room for RB's. It would be fun to see Saquon on there though
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:11 am

TheTroll wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:05 am

Been there, done that.

Time will tell.
BAL is jinxed with RB's... The Ravens are the IR waiting room for RB's. It would be fun to see Saquon on there though
What did Saquon ever do to you??? :eh:

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:17 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:11 am
TheTroll wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:05 am

Time will tell.
What did Saquon ever do to you??? :eh:
LOL... i guess that looks bad.. don't wish him to get hurt. maybe he can buck the system
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks