Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

Postby natjjohn » Mon May 29, 2023 5:30 pm

Reading the first post of this thread took me back. In that draft I got Beckham in the first and Davante in the second. This was to a team that had Megatron and Demayrius Thomas…. Title winner the very next year and set up a threepeat. Good times!

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:31 pm

I traded Aiyuk for him and feel like it's a good win now move. The risk is that Adams isn't a top 5 WR that he was, but I do have faith he'll outproduce Aiyuk this year. That said, I actually think next year will be better for Adams (hopeful for another qb, hard to say for sure).
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:11 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:31 pm I traded Aiyuk for him and feel like it's a good win now move. The risk is that Adams isn't a top 5 WR that he was, but I do have faith he'll outproduce Aiyuk this year. That said, I actually think next year will be better for Adams (hopeful for another qb, hard to say for sure).
I think that's the proper guesstimation for Adams this year. The first concern of course is his age. Even if everything about his situation remained the same, we'd have to expect a little decline. The other concern is that his situation did not remain the same and that it actually worsened. Carr is a very good QB and the change to Jimmy is a noticeable drop in QB quality. Even worse is Jimmy is injury prone, currently injured, might not even be on the roster on opening day, and the backup QBs are terrible.

Swapping Aiyuk for Adams was a decent gamble for an all-in 2023 team. Adams should be more productive than Aiyuk, but I wouldn't be surprised to find them fairly close at year's end. Aiyuk was 500yds and 6TDs behind Adams in 2022. A little expected improvement for Aiyuk and a little decline for Adams and that could be almost neck and neck.

The hope is Adams doesn't suffer age-related decline and that his QBs prove capable enough to connect with him enough to put up T15WR stats.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:20 pm

As with any player at his age there's the risk that he comes in to a season and just doesn't have it any more.

That said last we saw him he was at the top of his game, and still arguably the best receiver in the league. Jimmy (assuming he is the qb) is smart enough to know that the best thing he can do is chuck the ball to his superstar wide receiver. So no, I wouldn't be worried. But if you hold him you're likely riding him in to the sunset.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:25 pm

An interesting post-game interview.

https://twitter.com/loganreever/status/ ... 78552?s=20

"I don't got time to just wait around... it's not my mentality to take all season to figure it out."

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:46 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:25 pm An interesting post-game interview.

"I don't got time to just wait around... it's not my mentality to take all season to figure it out."
A trade would be interesting mid season. Potential suitors: GB, Buffalo, Houston, New Orleans?

I am loving his production this season, and just love the player. Not even sure what he could fetch in a trade tho.
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:59 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:46 pm

A trade would be interesting mid season. Potential suitors: GB, Buffalo, Houston, New Orleans?

I am loving his production this season, and just love the player. Not even sure what he could fetch in a trade tho.
KC comes to mind.

Probably too much money - but recall: they just re-did Mahomes contract... there might be some additional leeway there for moving money around, especially if all parties are amenable.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:17 am

mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:59 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:46 pm

KC comes to mind.

Probably too much money - but recall: they just re-did Mahomes contract... there might be some additional leeway there for moving money around, especially if all parties are amenable.
It’s the most incredible dream we could have and it had me curious about intra-division trades. Some I found were McNabb to the Eagles, Welker to the Pats, Curtis Martin to the Jets. It happens, not often though.

Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:26 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:17 am It’s the most incredible dream we could have and it had me curious about intra-division trades. Some I found were McNabb to the Eagles, Welker to the Pats, Curtis Martin to the Jets. It happens, not often though.
Yeah, you're not wrong.

I suppose the ideal scenario would be sending him to an NFC contender - and most of those top teams are pretty set at WR + tight on cash.

Except for one team that clearly sticks out...

... wouldn't it be fun if he went home to Green Bay?