Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Adams to raiders

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:18 am

As it turns out, Adams’ deal is much more modest than initially reported.

“In reality, it’s a three-year, $67.5 million contract. The final two seasons pay out a whopping $72.5 million that Adams may never see, given that he’ll be 32 when the final two years kick in,” ProFootballTalk’s Mike Florio wrote on Friday. “So it’s fair to call it a three-year, $67.5 million deal. It has a real average of $22.5 million. The fluff in 2025 and 2026 push it to $28 million per year. Again, the chances of Adams getting paid $36.25 million at age 32 and 33 are slim, unless he plays incredibly well and the salary cap and the receiver market mushrooms.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:18 am As it turns out, Adams’ deal is much more modest than initially reported.

“In reality, it’s a three-year, $67.5 million contract. The final two seasons pay out a whopping $72.5 million that Adams may never see, given that he’ll be 32 when the final two years kick in,” ProFootballTalk’s Mike Florio wrote on Friday. “So it’s fair to call it a three-year, $67.5 million deal. It has a real average of $22.5 million. The fluff in 2025 and 2026 push it to $28 million per year. Again, the chances of Adams getting paid $36.25 million at age 32 and 33 are slim, unless he plays incredibly well and the salary cap and the receiver market mushrooms.
It sounds more and more like Adams simply wanted to get away from GB and Rodgers, and try a new city/team/qb.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:31 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:58 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:18 am As it turns out, Adams’ deal is much more modest than initially reported.

It sounds more and more like Adams simply wanted to get away from GB and Rodgers, and try a new city/team/qb.
It was reported last off season that he wanted to play with Carr. It really has a lot to do with Derek. They are really good friends. The stuff that happened in GB certainly didn't help, but this would not have happened had Carr not been the QB in Vegas.

Good article that was on SI recently, about the makings of the Adams deal. Hondo is a Raiders beat reporter, and has been fairly accurate the last while. More than Tafur, IMO.

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-blac ... mark-davis

Carr's extension already being worked out, but interesting to note there were supposedly 2 extensions for him, one with Adams, one without, and his brother sort of alluded to it, a few weeks ago.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:17 am

Brady keeps getting connected to Vegas for 2023, but Adams reportedly will have input in the Carr replacement. Why would Adams leave a QB because he's worried he's about to retire, then ok another QB so close to retirement?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:40 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:17 am Brady keeps getting connected to Vegas for 2023, but Adams reportedly will have input in the Carr replacement. Why would Adams leave a QB because he's worried he's about to retire, then ok another QB so close to retirement?
IDK how much influence he will have. McDaniels and Ziegler may talk with him, but a WR isn't going to determine the direction a Front Office takes after moving on from a QB the've had for 9 years, and is their all time passer. Ultimately, Ziegler and Josh are going to do what they want, for good or ill.

Adams was a life long Raiders fan, and wanted to be closer to his grandmother as well.

He's not the one giving the OK, though. Your post comes across as if he's the one in charge. He got paid a ton of money to go to Vegas, and was probably understood there was no guarantees Carr would be there long term. They may get his input, or give him a bit or respect of letting him know their options, but ultimately, he really isn't the one that's going to make the final decision.

I am not a fan of the ownership, and honestly wish they had been able to go to LA, which was their first choice, but the NFL shot it down. LA was at least a Raiders city. I don't like the Stadium in Vegas and the fact it's a more of a neutral site. I am certainly not sticking up for their brass, I just don't think that they will ultimately make a decision based on Adams, but rather get his input, and do what they want, regardless if it aligns with his thoughts, if their final opinion on the solution differs from his opinion.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:54 am

Raiders would snap accept Brady if he even so much as hints at interest. For ticket sales and generating interest if for nothing else. But also, that offense is built for him with better RB, better WR1, better TE than Tampa has. And as a bonus present a pesky little white slot WR.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:02 am

dondickenson wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:54 am Raiders would snap accept Brady if he even so much as hints at interest. For ticket sales and generating interest if for nothing else. But also, that offense is built for him with better RB, better WR1, better TE than Tampa has. And as a bonus present a pesky little white slot WR.
The Super Bowl is also in Vegas 2024. Any true "the NFL is rigged" fans should be all about Brady to LV. :lol:

In seriousness, though. It kind of makes sense. Ticket sales, you say? How about pairing 7 time SB champ with the guy he won almost all of them with, and sell people on the idea they have a shot at winning it IN VEGAS?

I kind of think this may have been the idea all along. Carr either balls or he's gone, and they knew Brady was going to be a FA.

Adams, Waller, Renfrow. Tag Jacobs, or sign him, whatever.

Now that Purdy is super cheap and ballin', the SF thing seems way less likely.

If Brady comes back, have to think Vegas is near the top of the list.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:40 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:17 am Brady keeps getting connected to Vegas for 2023, but Adams reportedly will have input in the Carr replacement. Why would Adams leave a QB because he's worried he's about to retire, then ok another QB so close to retirement?
IDK how much influence he will have. McDaniels and Ziegler may talk with him, but a WR isn't going to determine the direction a Front Office takes after moving on from a QB the've had for 9 years, and is their all time passer. Ultimately, Ziegler and Josh are going to do what they want, for good or ill.

Adams was a life long Raiders fan, and wanted to be closer to his grandmother as well.

He's not the one giving the OK, though. Your post comes across as if he's the one in charge. He got paid a ton of money to go to Vegas, and was probably understood there was no guarantees Carr would be there long term. They may get his input, or give him a bit or respect of letting him know their options, but ultimately, he really isn't the one that's going to make the final decision.

I am not a fan of the ownership, and honestly wish they had been able to go to LA, which was their first choice, but the NFL shot it down. LA was at least a Raiders city. I don't like the Stadium in Vegas and the fact it's a more of a neutral site. I am certainly not sticking up for their brass, I just don't think that they will ultimately make a decision based on Adams, but rather get his input, and do what they want, regardless if it aligns with his thoughts, if their final opinion on the solution differs from his opinion.
No, not final say, but I don't think his input should be overlooked. I could see a player be dissatisfied with the QB imported, or believe his perspective has been dismissed. I can't speak to Adams' thought process, but there's risk a player who thinks that responds like Cooks did for not getting traded.

Given how important Adams is to fielding a competitive team, Adams' thoughts are important.

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:35 pm

They got Stidham no need for Brady
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon May 22, 2023 8:18 pm

I was already concerned about the Vegas offense with Jimmy G replacing Carr, but the drumbeat the last week where HE'S worried *already* about the offense being risk averse is a giant warning alarm. I know he got paid, so a trade could hypothetically be difficult, but restructures happen and Vegas could agree to eat some of the money. Purely conjecture, but would love to see him in Carolina with Young. KC and Buffalo both rumored to have interest in Hopkins.

Is a trade the only hope for his near term fantasy prospects? If he stays with Vegas all year, is there a risk he's inactive at any point this year, whether a sham "injury" or otherwise? In that situation, would a buy low window open up?

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu May 25, 2023 12:37 pm

Adams is excellent at YAC and he will need to be because JimmyG is the most dependent of QB's on that stats. Jimmys career is defined by his throws short of the 1st down marker, making him one of the most dependent on WRs YAC to keep drives alive of any starter in the league. Should there be concern? yes would I panic no. I would buy him at a discount but its a 30yr old guy on a fading offense so I need a discount to buy, I would not sell him at a discount but would at his premium price.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am

Carr wasn’t very effective in that system. Jimmy G knows that system like the back of his hand.

If he can get and stay healthy, and that’s a big if, the Raiders should be better regardless of Adam’s feelings.

The Raiders may be better than many of us realize. Some think playoffs others think top 5 draft pick next year.

Their Defense IMO will make major strides and give them a chance.

Adam’s seems to think the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Time will tell.

Maybe they trade him if they start off slow.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri May 26, 2023 6:57 am

Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am Carr wasn’t very effective in that system. Jimmy G knows that system like the back of his hand.

If he can get and stay healthy, and that’s a big if, the Raiders should be better regardless of Adam’s feelings.

The Raiders may be better than many of us realize. Some think playoffs others think top 5 draft pick next year.

Their Defense IMO will make major strides and give them a chance.

Adam’s seems to think the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Time will tell.

Maybe they trade him if they start off slow.
Why does your autocorrect keep adding apostrophes to Adams?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri May 26, 2023 7:15 am

Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am Their Defense IMO will make major strides and give them a chance.
i doubt it very much. what makes you think so?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri May 26, 2023 7:17 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:15 am
Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am Their Defense IMO will make major strides and give them a chance.
i doubt it very much. what makes you think so?
The flipped from a 4-3 to a 3-4 last year. That takes some time to transition.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker