Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Adams to raiders

Postby mild » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:49 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:52 pm They'll lean on the run more. Aaron Jones will be used fully in what I suspect will be his last year in GB due to his contract situation next year.
This is a good shout here.
We've got a seven-game sample over the last three years of Aaron Jones playing without Davante Adams and his pass-catching usage goes through the roof.

Targets +70%
Receptions +74%
Receiving yards +156%
TD's +217%

Strangely enough, all of his rushing numbers also see a bump.
https://twitter.com/DaveKluge/status/15 ... 9075609607

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:59 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:52 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:22 pm Bold prediction of the day, Aaron Rodgers is going to stink this year. He is not going to have a WR on the team that he trusts to be where he expects them to be. I think there is a case to be made Adams lifted Rodgers, not the other way around
Landry/Crowder could be useful signings at this point. They'll probably draft a WR this year and sign a veteran WR soon. I don't believe Rodgers is going to stink. When Adams was injured the Packers excelled in his absence.

They'll lean on the run more. Aaron Jones will be used fully in what I suspect will be his last year in GB due to his contract situation next year.

You gotta be kidding with the Adams elevating comment. Rodgers has been elite long before Adams.

Ironic it's generally thought that Rodgers elevates average WRs to be good ones, and good ones to be great.

Average-to-Good - Prime example: James Jones.

Good-to-Great - Another one of Rodgers protege wideouts who also went to the Raiders: Jordy Nelson. Who didn't do so great his last year there.

Also: Greg Jennings. Fantastic in GB. Not so great in MIN.

We'll see who elevated who when Davante gets to LV. I think he'll still be a Top 10 WR, but he won't sniff what he did in GB.
To be fair, all of these guys were declining when they left GB and also left in their 30s.

Adams is the first WR to leave Rodgers while in his productionv prime. He'll definitely decline at some point during the deal, because he's in his 30s during the contract, but Adams is legitimately great on his own. You don't run routes like that just because of who's throwing you the ball. The connection/chemistry just optimizes the results.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:32 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:22 pm Bold prediction of the day, Aaron Rodgers is going to stink this year. He is not going to have a WR on the team that he trusts to be where he expects them to be. I think there is a case to be made Adams lifted Rodgers, not the other way around
Truths all around :!:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:32 pm
Remind me in 10 months

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:47 pm

The biggest winner is the rookie WR the Packers draft … there’s no way they refuse to draft a WR in the 1st yet again .. is there?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:38 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:47 pm The biggest winner is the rookie WR the Packers draft … there’s no way they refuse to draft a WR in the 1st yet again .. is there?
They will probably draft a QB, cause why not.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:52 am

CGW wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:38 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:47 pm The biggest winner is the rookie WR the Packers draft … there’s no way they refuse to draft a WR in the 1st yet again .. is there?
Nah, probably o line. They need their $50M/year QB to have good lanes to hand the ball off
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:08 am

CGW wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:38 pm
That would be FANTASTIC! :clap: :clap:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:20 am

Anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that Adams was just tired of all the Rodgers drama queen crap despite how he benefitted from the QB’s talent?

And seriously - Adams made Rodgers? What - you haven’t watched a GB game in the past 15 years? The guy makes throws and decisions on the field that are nothing less than elite (at least until they get to the playoffs).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:57 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:20 am Anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that Adams was just tired of all the Rodgers drama queen crap despite how he benefitted from the QB’s talent?

And seriously - Adams made Rodgers? What - you haven’t watched a GB game in the past 15 years? The guy makes throws and decisions on the field that are nothing less than elite (at least until they get to the playoffs).
Maybe part of the decision. Helped make it easier. Honestly, he also said he didn't want to be tagged, and I've heard that really rubbed him the wrong way (insert Watson thread joke here). I sincerely believe Carr, and being a life long Raiders fan had something to do with it as well, no doubt.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:00 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:20 am Anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that Adams was just tired of all the Rodgers drama queen crap despite how he benefitted from the QB’s talent?

I don't. By all indications, Rodgers and Adams were extremely close on/off the field.

I think he just wanted out because they franchised him and maybe weren't willing to come to the number first. I'm not sure I buy that GB was willing to give him the same contract. I feel like it's convenient that piece leaks as soon as the trade does.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:15 am

I imagine he was tired of Rodgers. I mentioned earlier Rodgers has been threatening retirement or Jeopardy or taking long walks in the woods to fined himself or whatever,,,,,

Rodgers has been very important to Adams and no doubt Adams benefited but Carr was also very important to Adams as they were breaking records in college.

Adams has years left and my guess felt way more comfortable long term getting out of GB and on to a new city with new facilities closer to home. Apparently he lives down the street from Carr.

I am sure he likes Rodgers just fine but ultimately he did what was best for him in his mind and 28.5 Million makes me think he made the correct call.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:51 am

Ice wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:15 am
I imagine he was tired of Rodgers. I mentioned earlier Rodgers has been threatening retirement or Jeopardy or taking long walks in the woods to fined himself or whatever,,,,,

Rodgers has been very important to Adams and no doubt Adams benefited but Carr was also very important to Adams as they were breaking records in college.

Adams has years left and my guess felt way more comfortable long term getting out of GB and on to a new city with new facilities closer to home. Apparently he lives down the street from Carr.

I am sure he likes Rodgers just fine but ultimately he did what was best for him in his mind and 28.5 Million makes me think he made the correct call.
With no state taxes, vs Wisconsin's almost 8 percent, I think it is, I might add.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:57 am

Drafting a WR in the 1st this year feels like ‘too little, too late’ to me. Rodgers wanted weapons *in addition* to Adams. And as we all know too well, even a rookie pick that does pan out, may not be much of a contributor right away. How many years does Rodgers have to wait for his pass catchers to gel?

I don’t think he will stink, but I think significant drop off is likely enough, if not this year, soon.

I’ve been wrong before, but there’s really only one Brady, man.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:25 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:46 pm
Anteaters wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:32 pm
Remind me in 10 months
Wish this worked like on Reddit...
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.