Britt arrested AGAIN

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Britt arrested AGAIN

Postby BeRanDone » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 am

Kenny Britt was arrested yet again Wednesday night by Hoboken (NJ) narcotics officers and charged with two counts of resisting arrest.

Here we go again. On the same day he was let off easy with a careless driving charge, Britt pushed away from officers and wouldn't submit to handcuffs. He's been charged with a minor disorderly persons offense as well as a third-degree crime, which carries a possible sentence of 3-5 years if convicted. Scheduled to appear in court June 16, Britt is once again in danger of NFL suspension after seemingly escaping punishment on Wednesday. Had he been present at Titans players-only workouts Wednesday instead of continuing to flirt with trouble in Jersey, the incident would have been avoided. Rotoworld

I've defended this guy in the past, but this is getting out of hand. Aaaarrghhh!! :x

tosnsprx
Captain
Captain

Re: Britt arrested AGAIN

Postby tosnsprx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 pm

It's offical he's a moron
12 team non-ppr standard scoring(1qb,2rbs,2wrs,2rb/wrs,1te,1k,1D) 25 man roster
QB- WATSON, prescott,
RBs- ALVIN KAMARA, DAVID MONTGOMERY, K JOHNSON, rashaad penny, ronald jones, bo scott, p barber, darrell williams
WRs- JUJU, CHRIS GODWIN, christian kirk, courtland sutton, keke coutee, zach pascal
TEs- GEORGE KITTLE, ian thomas, mike gesicki, jace sternberger, dawson knox
K- d bailey
DST- STEELERS, chargers

2020 picks: 3RD,4TH

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:06 pm

I am getting tired of his bleep- imagine what it must feel like to be invested heavily in him in more than one league. Britt is my best talent in my full blown rebuilding-mode team and I did not think his dumb bleep would be this retarded. Somebody seriously needs to give him a wakeup bashing and honestly I would like this guy to be suspended for the 2011 season if he doesn't get jail time. Anything to get it in his thick stupid skull that it is a PRIVELEGE to play in the NFL and stop blaming his friends for his own idiotic antics.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

11stever11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:10 pm

It is disappointing to see talent go to waste...I am glad I only own him in one league...
"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix."
Mike Tomlin

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:10 pm

seahawks506 wrote:I am getting tired of his bleep- imagine what it must feel like to be invested heavily in him in more than one league. Britt is my best talent in my full blown rebuilding-mode team and I did not think his dumb bleep would be this retarded. Somebody seriously needs to give him a wakeup bashing and honestly I would like this guy to be suspended for the 2011 season if he doesn't get jail time. Anything to get it in his thick stupid skull that it is a PRIVELEGE to play in the NFL and stop blaming his friends for his own idiotic antics.
You would hope he gets hit hard with some kind of suspension, otherwise he could end up just like former Titan Pac Man Jones :crazy:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm

seahawks506 wrote:I am getting tired of his bleep- imagine what it must feel like to be invested heavily in him in more than one league. Britt is my best talent in my full blown rebuilding-mode team and I did not think his dumb bleep would be this retarded. Somebody seriously needs to give him a wakeup bashing and honestly I would like this guy to be suspended for the 2011 season if he doesn't get jail time. Anything to get it in his thick stupid skull that it is a PRIVELEGE to play in the NFL and stop blaming his friends for his own idiotic antics.
If it's frustrating for fantasy owners imagine being the team owner that invested millions of dollars in this guy. At times I have regretted trading him away in the charter league, but stories like this make me feel better about that deal.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Hudson County (NJ) prosecutor Edward DeFazio clarifies that Kenny Britt is not facing a drug charge for allegedly crushing a marijuana cigarette before his Wednesday night arrest.

Police suspected Britt was smoking pot, but there were no drugs found at the scene. It's an otherwise minor incident, blown up because Britt refused to cooperate with authorities. It now looks like Britt could get off with a slap on the wrist again, though his multiple arrests will still put him in danger of a suspension if the NFL is successful in disciplining players for infractions during the lockout. Rotoworld

Some much needed clarification...

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 pm

11stever11 wrote:It is disappointing to see talent go to waste...I am glad I only own him in one league...
same here...I traded him in one league for Bradford and I have him in another league where I traded Roddy for Fitz and Britt (lucky for me I like Fitz the same as Roddy so I may only lose the gravy of the deal!)
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:55 pm

I have Britt in 5 dynasty leagues because I was high on his talent... I'm getting low on his decision making abilities :twisted:

Guess I have to cross my fingers and hope he matures... maybe :wtf:

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm

He might be one of those guys that NEEDS to learn the hard way...He may either need a lenghtly suspension or a lil jail time for the light to finally click in his head. Come on Kenny this crap is getting Ridiculous :thumbdown:
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:13 pm

I learned about law a few years ago and if I remember correctly he probably won't be convicted of anything more than a Class C felony/misdemeanor which carries jail time of no more than one year. You'd have to be committing a pretty serious crime to get several years in jail (think about what Michael Vick did)

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Postby pntgvn2399 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:51 pm

There is a lot more to this folks.. The two "officers" were in civilian clothing and there is no information on if a badge was even shown.. If two guys wearing normal clothing tried to put me in handcuffs with no evidence of being police I would probably refuse as well.. I am not going to defend him or crusify him in this case until more information is revealed.. However #1 they were not dressed as officers, #2 they found no drugs in his possesion.. Seems like the kid just needs to get the hell out of Jersey! I see yet ANOTHER case against him being thrown out as they don't have anything.. Walked up to a guy and attempted to put him in handcuffs and he refused like any other person would when some stranger not making themselves look like any authority tries to cuff them.. Then the whole reason behind it was because they thought they smelled marijuana and saw he had a cigar yet they have no evidence of him any drugs.. This whole thing stinks in my honest opinion..
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:13 pm

pntgvn2399 wrote:There is a lot more to this folks.. The two "officers" were in civilian clothing and there is no information on if a badge was even shown.. If two guys wearing normal clothing tried to put me in handcuffs with no evidence of being police I would probably refuse as well.. I am not going to defend him or crusify him in this case until more information is revealed.. However #1 they were not dressed as officers, #2 they found no drugs in his possesion.. Seems like the kid just needs to get the hell out of Jersey! I see yet ANOTHER case against him being thrown out as they don't have anything.. Walked up to a guy and attempted to put him in handcuffs and he refused like any other person would when some stranger not making themselves look like any authority tries to cuff them.. Then the whole reason behind it was because they thought they smelled marijuana and saw he had a cigar yet they have no evidence of him any drugs.. This whole thing stinks in my honest opinion..
Interesting, Didnt know the full story, thanks 4 sharing
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:15 pm

pntgvn2399 wrote:There is a lot more to this folks.. The two "officers" were in civilian clothing and there is no information on if a badge was even shown.. If two guys wearing normal clothing tried to put me in handcuffs with no evidence of being police I would probably refuse as well.. I am not going to defend him or crusify him in this case until more information is revealed.. However #1 they were not dressed as officers, #2 they found no drugs in his possesion.. Seems like the kid just needs to get the hell out of Jersey! I see yet ANOTHER case against him being thrown out as they don't have anything.. Walked up to a guy and attempted to put him in handcuffs and he refused like any other person would when some stranger not making themselves look like any authority tries to cuff them.. Then the whole reason behind it was because they thought they smelled marijuana and saw he had a cigar yet they have no evidence of him any drugs.. This whole thing stinks in my honest opinion..
A glimpse of hope... hopefully this is true
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:31 pm

probably cause.. human sense of smell is not evidence. I think it's a bad time for him to be arrested yet again, but I'm hoping that when things happen in close proximity it tends to send a message to the offender. Alarmed family members and teammates will without a doubt make sure that Britt is on his best behavior- this may not result in a severe penalty, but Britt is reaching the end of his seeming immunity and those close to him probably recognize that. Do not panic sell though... in fact it may be a good time to get him for quite cheap.