Britt arrested AGAIN

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
sehon4
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Britt arrested AGAIN

Postby sehon4 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Jared Cook folks. I will go out on a limb right now and say he catches more balls this year than Britt.
12 team dynasty, Protect 13 players annually, plus 3 2yr psquad- Max 4RB, Max 5WR, Max 3QB, Max 2TE, Max 1K, Max 1Def, Max 1 Flex. Roster size 18 plus 3 IR & 3 PSquad-3 2yr Psquad(signed for 2 years)
QB-Justin Hebert, Jordan Love
Derek Carr
RB-Alvin Kamara, Javonte Williams, Bijan Robinson, Chuba Hubbard
WR- Mike Williams, D.K Metcalf, Tim Higgins, Terry McLaurin, Jayden Reed Michael Gallup
2yr PSquad Jameson Williams, Marvin Mims Jr. , John Metchie III
TE- George Kittle, Cole Kmet, Dalton Kincaid
2015 League Champions (finally)
2009 2nd place, 2010 2nd place, 2014 2nd place, 2018 2nd place, 2020 2nd place
2012 3rd place, 2019 3rd place
2023 rookie draft picks: 1.01; 2.01; 2.05; 2.08; 3.02; 3.10; 4.12; 5.01
Traded Aaron Rodgers and Khilil Herbert for Jameson Williams & pick 3.02 rookie draft
Traded 2.08, 3.02, 3.10, 2024 3rd round and 2025 3rd round for Javonte Williams

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 am

seahawks506 wrote:
pntgvn2399 wrote:There is a lot more to this folks.. The two "officers" were in civilian clothing and there is no information on if a badge was even shown.. If two guys wearing normal clothing tried to put me in handcuffs with no evidence of being police I would probably refuse as well.. I am not going to defend him or crusify him in this case until more information is revealed.. However #1 they were not dressed as officers, #2 they found no drugs in his possesion.. Seems like the kid just needs to get the hell out of Jersey! I see yet ANOTHER case against him being thrown out as they don't have anything.. Walked up to a guy and attempted to put him in handcuffs and he refused like any other person would when some stranger not making themselves look like any authority tries to cuff them.. Then the whole reason behind it was because they thought they smelled marijuana and saw he had a cigar yet they have no evidence of him any drugs.. This whole thing stinks in my honest opinion..
probably cause.. human sense of smell is not evidence. I think it's a bad time for him to be arrested yet again, but I'm hoping that when things happen in close proximity it tends to send a message to the offender. Alarmed family members and teammates will without a doubt make sure that Britt is on his best behavior- this may not result in a severe penalty, but Britt is reaching the end of his seeming immunity and those close to him probably recognize that. Do not panic sell though... in fact it may be a good time to get him for quite cheap.
Yes!!! :)
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:57 am

After reading a couple stories on the situation, sounds like he got profiled; and then proceeded to go gangsta on them. Id prolly go pretty gangsta too if two guys in normal cloths came up hassleing me and trying to cuff me "suspicion of drugs"... when I knew damn well I didnt have any pot on me.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:02 am

MikeCross wrote:After reading a couple stories on the situation, sounds like he got profiled; and then proceeded to go gangsta on them. Id prolly go pretty gangsta too if two guys in normal cloths came up hassleing me and trying to cuff me "suspicion of drugs"... when I knew damn well I didnt have any pot on me.
I'm not sure we're ready to see you go "gangsta" on anyone just yet :lol: :D :clap:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

The Juggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby The Juggernaut » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Plain clothes or not. I would bet they identified themselves as police officers. I seriously doubt they jumped him and tried snapping on cuffs without telling him he was under arrest. The behavior of professional athletes is really getting old...entitlement...entitlement...entitlement.
Custom scoring PPR ***FULL REBUILD…11 Starters
1-2 QBs Rodgers, Hurts, Cunningham
2-5 RBs Abanikanda, Dobbins, Akers, Tucker, Strong,
3-6 WRs D.Smith, Juju, DJ Moore, Pierce, Mims, Wilson, Marshall
1-2 TEs Goedert, Johnson, McBride
1-D Washington

Devy Henderson, Egbuka, J.Dickey, Judkins, R.Owens, B. Robinson

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Shawn wrote:
MikeCross wrote:After reading a couple stories on the situation, sounds like he got profiled; and then proceeded to go gangsta on them. Id prolly go pretty gangsta too if two guys in normal cloths came up hassleing me and trying to cuff me "suspicion of drugs"... when I knew damn well I didnt have any pot on me.
I'm not sure we're ready to see you go "gangsta" on anyone just yet :lol: :D :clap:
THis board is starting to get Thugged out!!! :lol: :thumbup:
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

Deuces
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Deuces » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:51 pm

I just passed on Britt on the 21st rd of my startup draft....i may wait til the last round and take a flier on the moron

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Deuces wrote:I just passed on Britt on the 21st rd of my startup draft....i may wait til the last round and take a flier on the moron
wow I wouldnt let him get past the 7th or 8th in a startup but thats my opinon... but 21st round?? ur passing up Britt for the likes of ppl who will be on ur bench for sure??
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:32 am

Deuces wrote:I just passed on Britt on the 21st rd of my startup draft....i may wait til the last round and take a flier on the moron
Even in a 4-team league he's a steal in the 21st :lol:

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:36 am

In all seriousness, here's the most recent update. The Titans or the NLF will suspend him, but my bet is for no more than 4 games. He got off on the first one with a slap on the wrist, this one is getting swept away as well. There's only so much they can suspend/not pay him for this stuff. What's important here is that the DA said no drug charges.

(TheHuddle) Updating a previous report, Hudson County prosecutor Edward DeFazio said Tennessee Titans WR Kenny Britt likely will not be facing any jail time after getting arrested and charged with tampering with evidence, obstructing a government official and resisting arrest. Britt was arrested for allegedly having a marijuana cigar but got rid of the cigar while police officers were trying to arresting him. DeFazio said Britt has not be charged with any drug offenses because no drugs were found at the scene

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:26 am

I honestly dont mind a 4 game suspension... 1st game that Big Ben came back he passed for 3 TDs, Braylon Edwards had a monster game his 1st game after the drinkning and driving incident and Britt had his monster game after getting trouble last yeat too. Maybe getting in trouble with officials give them motivation for a good game...
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams