Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Postby _yeti » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:53 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:34 pm It "decreases their value" to who?
Their owners? If that is a no, then it is irrelevant.

I did not see any buy Zeke cheap deals from this "news"..
To other owners in other leagues. For instance someone in my league turned down Zeke and 2 2020 firsts (a class that has already been insanely hyped, increasing those pick values) for barkley due mostly to this kind of stuff. My league isnt the only league that sort of stuff is happening in
Why is this being celebrated as some kind of knock on Zeke and not a dumb move and irrational overvaluation of Barkley? Barkley is amazing but 1 injury knocks this god like value down (Not wishing it on him). Just saying, if this class pans out like the 2017 class you could of got Zeke and a combo of two of Fournette, CMC, Mixon, Kamara, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Cook, Hunt, OJ Howard, Njoku, Juju, you almost couldn't miss the whole way down. Not necessarily saying this class will pan out that way but turning down Zeke and two 2020 firsts for one guy isn't a great move and even if a person loves Barkley that much, this off the field stuff isnt moving the needle like that for Zeke owners that I have personally seen and it shouldnt.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:16 am

smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:00 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm
smbkrypt24 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:32 pm

You just want to pick and choose what you respond to? I said it added risk to both. Yet you include parts of what I said, but say people don't understand what FantasyFreak is saying.
Because i wasnt just directing this at you, if i was i would have said you specifically or quoted you. I was making a general statement in regards to the people who side with your point of view on this and in the hunt thread which im not sure you are a part of.
It’s odd you say this after I and Fantasyfreak go back and forth and then say it’s my point of view as well as others you are talking about, but say you weren’t directing it at me.
Regardless, my point remains risk yes, value loss absolutely not.
I would have directly quoted you if it was specifically at you. Like i am now. You are just one of many ive seen who have the take that his value hasnt taken any sort of dip, that is simply not true in my opinion. Zeke is a knucklehead who keeps doing knucklehead things and puts himself in stupid situations. Many owners are turned off by that.
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:18 am

_yeti wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:49 pm

To other owners in other leagues. For instance someone in my league turned down Zeke and 2 2020 firsts (a class that has already been insanely hyped, increasing those pick values) for barkley due mostly to this kind of stuff. My league isnt the only league that sort of stuff is happening in
Why is this being celebrated as some kind of knock on Zeke and not a dumb move and irrational overvaluation of Barkley? Barkley is amazing but 1 injury knocks this god like value down (Not wishing it on him). Just saying, if this class pans out like the 2017 class you could of got Zeke and a combo of two of Fournette, CMC, Mixon, Kamara, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Cook, Hunt, OJ Howard, Njoku, Juju, you almost couldn't miss the whole way down. Not necessarily saying this class will pan out that way but turning down Zeke and two 2020 firsts for one guy isn't a great move and even if a person loves Barkley that much, this off the field stuff isnt moving the needle like that for Zeke owners that I have personally seen and it shouldnt.
I totally agree the owner who turned this down should have taken it in an instant, and that it is overvaluing Barkley for sure. But im just using it as an example for my point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 pm

The plot thickens

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/284 ... mpaign=nfl

Security guard is now pressing charges.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Rich_Miz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Rich_Miz » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:17 am

_yeti wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:49 pm

I'm with you. I own Barkely in one league and would have bitten at this offer within 5 seconds flat.