Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:43 am

mild wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:54 am
dondickenson wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:36 pm So the Kareem Hunt buzz died after he wasn’t traded at the deadline. Then he bizarrely went on the average like 4 carries for 15 yards per game down the stretch.

Is he likely to get signed somewhere that will increase his value either as a trade object or for your lineup like Buffalo, Houston, or Miami?

Or is he likely to sign somewhere as the back half of a committee like Denver, Seattle, or back in Cleveland?

Or one interesting place would be New Orleans if Kamara gets suspended.
I'm curious what about the New Orleans situation is that interesting anymore. Kamara just had his worst year as a 27 year old pro in that offense - and that roster is ageing out, and completely cash strapped to boot.

Jameis is under contract. Checkdown Dalton is as good as gone. Trevor Penning was terrible. They're going to have to seriously gut this team to once again get under the cap, or do their usual thing of kicking all the money down the road once more.

I don't know why we'd be excited about an Age 27 Kareem Hunt going there. (Or indeed Age 27 Kareem Hunt in the first place)
Yeah it was a nice ride for Kareem but it's getting close to the end for a lot of that class.

I traded him + a 2nd to get Bateman when he was hurt

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:55 am

dondickenson wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:36 pm So the Kareem Hunt buzz died after he wasn’t traded at the deadline. Then he bizarrely went on the average like 4 carries for 15 yards per game down the stretch.

Is he likely to get signed somewhere that will increase his value either as a trade object or for your lineup like Buffalo, Houston, or Miami?

Or is he likely to sign somewhere as the back half of a committee like Denver, Seattle, or back in Cleveland?

I'm writing off Hunt's underwhelming year the same way as Brandin Cooks- vet who was expecting to be dealt and was unmotivated this year.

As the guy who keeps trying to put someone in Dallas after Pollard walks, I think as a committee back with Zeke makes sense. Or DMont. Or Singletary.

Alternately, Hunt to LAR would make sense, if he wants a contender deal.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:26 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:55 am

I'm writing off Hunt's underwhelming year the same way as Brandin Cooks- vet who was expecting to be dealt and was unmotivated this year.

As the guy who keeps trying to put someone in Dallas after Pollard walks, I think as a committee back with Zeke makes sense. Or DMont. Or Singletary.

Alternately, Hunt to LAR would make sense, if he wants a contender deal.
Maybe I missed something, but are the Rams really contenders anymore?

Dallas makes sense. Really cant see them keeping Pollard.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:35 am

Yes the Rams are contenders if they are healthy. It's certainly possible their window is indeed closed, but they can't just be written off after a year where they were devasted by major injuries.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:46 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:35 am Yes the Rams are contenders if they are healthy. It's certainly possible their window is indeed closed, but they can't just be written off after a year where they were devasted by major injuries.
Agreed here. The offensive line in putrid but they are good everywhere else when healthy. I expect them to be middle of the pack next year with upside if they find a creative solution for that o-line.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:24 pm

Sooooo........is he the lead back going forward? He out touched the other backs, but this seems like messy committee. Strong out touched Ford today, too. Have the staff seen the same things about poor efficiency that some others claimed?

This is a team that likes to run, has an elite D, is Hunt the guy to own for the rest of the year in this backfield?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:50 am

Ford came into the week on the doubtful side of questionable. It was a surprise he played at all, and I’m assuming that’s the only reason why he wasn’t the lead ball carrier this time.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:22 am

Ruggenater wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:50 am Ford came into the week on the doubtful side of questionable. It was a surprise he played at all, and I’m assuming that’s the only reason why he wasn’t the lead ball carrier this time.
This is where I’m at as well. Up until Friday it was expected he would miss 1-2 weeks with his ankle injury. I think this is still a committee, but shifts back to Ford as the carry leader as this heals up.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:00 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:22 am
Ruggenater wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:50 am Ford came into the week on the doubtful side of questionable. It was a surprise he played at all, and I’m assuming that’s the only reason why he wasn’t the lead ball carrier this time.
This is where I’m at as well. Up until Friday it was expected he would miss 1-2 weeks with his ankle injury. I think this is still a committee, but shifts back to Ford as the carry leader as this heals up.
Agreed, he's been the only one giving them any consistent juice. I was shocked that he played at all.

I may have this wrong - but did Jerome stop getting carries after the first half? I think I saw something to that effect.

Hopefully no re-aggravation.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:38 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:00 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:22 am
Agreed, he's been the only one giving them any consistent juice. I was shocked that he played at all.

I may have this wrong - but did Jerome stop getting carries after the first half? I think I saw something to that effect.

Hopefully no re-aggravation.
It was the other way. Ford got all but one of his touches in the second half.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker