Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kareem Hunt

Postby killer_of_giants » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:12 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:06 pm Don't know what picks they have or where that info is readily available.
on google!

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/f ... e/Rams.htm

no idea how reliable it is, but the ancient layout gives me a lot of confidence!

the problem is they have no 4th in '23, they spent it on.... *drums rolling* ... sony michel!

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:26 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:12 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:06 pm Don't know what picks they have or where that info is readily available.
on google!

no idea how reliable it is, but the ancient layout gives me a lot of confidence!

the problem is they have no 4th in '23, they spent it on.... *drums rolling* ... sony michel!
This to me implies they might've been trying to do Akers and a 6 for hunt... Issue is if I'm the browns why not just ride out hunt, let him walk and take the likely comp pick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:12 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:26 pm
killer_of_giants wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:12 pm
on google!

This to me implies they might've been trying to do Akers and a 6 for hunt... Issue is if I'm the browns why not just ride out hunt, let him walk and take the likely comp pick
What kind of comp pickcould they get? How aggressive will they be in FA? They have 34 mil unused cap this year and 4 mil next year. Will be interesting to see how much rolls over.

Interesting site, killer. It looks like some one/people trying to cobble it together. I wonder about the accuracy of the info. Robert woods was traded some time ago but they are unclear what pick they got in return. That's only pointing out what they say they're unsure on, not even talking about the accuracy of what they say they ARE sure on.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:03 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:30 pm
Anteaters wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:44 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:25 pm Read an article suggesting "LA" as a potential trade destination. Not clear whether they meant Rams or Chargers but could argue either. Another Henderson injury, or Spiller underwhelming, could add urgency.
Whether Henderson suffers an injury or not, the Rams need a RB as good as Hunt. Henderson is a decent hold-the-spot RB - the RB version of a game manager QB, but he's not a game breaker. Akers now runs like the Kool-Aid man, except he's not knocking down walls/people any more. If the Rams manage to add Hunt, that offense will be almost unstoppable.
Rams and Browns have had discussions on Kareem Hunt. Price is a 4th. Curious if a deal is dependent on Akers.

Stafford and the offense haven't looked good, but getting Hunt would still be great.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/10 ... hunt-talk/
:pray: My fingers are crossed and crossed again.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:11 pm

With Henderson’s minimal usage today…maybe there’s a Hunt for Henderson and a 5th or something in the works.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:22 am

Valhalla wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:11 pm With Henderson’s minimal usage today…maybe there’s a Hunt for Henderson and a 5th or something in the works.
I would love to see Hunt with LAR. I could see Henderson+4th. The Browns want at least as much as they would recoup in compensatory picks for losing Hunt. I think that's a 4th. If a team offers a 4th, Hunt is gone. If not, Cleveland will keep him and get the 4th when he leaves in the offseason.

If I was the Browns, a 4th > 5th+Henderson.

Although, assuming the comp pick would be at the end of the 4th round, that makes it really 5.01 which is a 5th. Except, the Rams currently do not have a 5th or a 4th. So a 3rd or 6th it will have to be. But LAR probably doesn't want to pay a 3rd and Cleveland will definitely not accept a 6th+Henderson.

Looks like it's going to be hard for LAR to work this out.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:36 am

Are we sure the Browns are getting much of a compensatory pick for Hunt? I think that’s based on average yearly salary and play time. Is anyone really going to give a 28 year old RB (2023 season) a large contract? And even if he were to sign in a great spot, is he playing more than 60-70% of snaps? A 4th feels high to me, but I’m no expert. Add in that would mean they also can’t sign anyone, or they’d cancel him out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:04 am

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:36 am Are we sure the Browns are getting much of a compensatory pick for Hunt? I think that’s based on average yearly salary and play time. Is anyone really going to give a 28 year old RB (2023 season) a large contract? And even if he were to sign in a great spot, is he playing more than 60-70% of snaps? A 4th feels high to me, but I’m no expert. Add in that would mean they also can’t sign anyone, or they’d cancel him out.
Right. I had the same thought (also no expert) and would have guessed Hunt would net around a 6th comp pick (if not cancelled out). They want a 4th because if they're potentially getting a pick anyways, why wouldn't they keep him for the season and get the pick, rather than trade him and get the same pick. They only want to trade him if it's an upgraded pick (a 4th) over their expected comp pick. Just my speculation.

Yes, I know that a traded 4th will end up being higher than a comp 4th. It just seems like not a big enough compensation in upgrade for the rest of the season of Hunt's services to only move up some in the 4th round.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:10 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:04 am
frerichs5 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:36 am Are we sure the Browns are getting much of a compensatory pick for Hunt? I think that’s based on average yearly salary and play time. Is anyone really going to give a 28 year old RB (2023 season) a large contract? And even if he were to sign in a great spot, is he playing more than 60-70% of snaps? A 4th feels high to me, but I’m no expert. Add in that would mean they also can’t sign anyone, or they’d cancel him out.
Right. I had the same thought (also no expert) and would have guessed Hunt would net around a 6th comp pick (if not cancelled out). They want a 4th because if they're potentially getting a pick anyways, why wouldn't they keep him for the season and get the pick, rather than trade him and get the same pick. They only want to trade him if it's an upgraded pick (a 4th) over their expected comp pick. Just my speculation.

Yes, I know that a traded 4th will end up being higher than a comp 4th. It just seems like not a big enough compensation in upgrade for the rest of the season of Hunt's services to only move up some in the 4th round.
What I think also needs to be factored in is D'Ernest Johnson is a RFA after this season. If I am them I want to keep him in the building. If they move Hunt and offer DJ a deal before the season ends, that might be more important than the pick they get for Hunt. He isn't "young" but has very few touches and honestly isn't much different that Hunt when he has been given the opportunities.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:28 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:10 am What I think also needs to be factored in is D'Ernest Johnson is a RFA after this season. If I am them I want to keep him in the building. If they move Hunt and offer DJ a deal before the season ends, that might be more important than the pick they get for Hunt. He isn't "young" but has very few touches and honestly isn't much different that Hunt when he has been given the opportunities.
he'll be 27 next season and will be probably worth more to the browns than to any other team, especially if you consider the (expected) saturation of the RB market next season with a few high profile starters and handcuffs becoming FAs and rookies coming in.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:15 am

I'd love to see Hunt return to the Chiefs. I know it'll never happen because there is some unwritten rule that KC "had" to release him. But it'd be a great fit. It's bizarre how the team that the player belonged to whenever there is "an incident" must release the player immediately and then it's somehow ok for any of the other 31 franchises to add him to their roster without issue.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:00 pm

The Rams have to be pissed off seeing what CMC did to them yesterday, right? I would be surprised if Hunt isn't a Ram by tomorrow.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:15 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:00 pm The Rams have to be pissed off seeing what CMC did to them yesterday, right? I would be surprised if Hunt isn't a Ram by tomorrow.
The Rams stink. Hunt won't make the difference for another SB run. They sold out for the SB, and won it, but the cupboard is going to be bare real soon. They won't be a good team for a few years, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:36 pm

So the Kareem Hunt buzz died after he wasn’t traded at the deadline. Then he bizarrely went on the average like 4 carries for 15 yards per game down the stretch.

Is he likely to get signed somewhere that will increase his value either as a trade object or for your lineup like Buffalo, Houston, or Miami?

Or is he likely to sign somewhere as the back half of a committee like Denver, Seattle, or back in Cleveland?

Or one interesting place would be New Orleans if Kamara gets suspended.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:54 am

dondickenson wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:36 pm So the Kareem Hunt buzz died after he wasn’t traded at the deadline. Then he bizarrely went on the average like 4 carries for 15 yards per game down the stretch.

Is he likely to get signed somewhere that will increase his value either as a trade object or for your lineup like Buffalo, Houston, or Miami?

Or is he likely to sign somewhere as the back half of a committee like Denver, Seattle, or back in Cleveland?

Or one interesting place would be New Orleans if Kamara gets suspended.
I'm curious what about the New Orleans situation is that interesting anymore. Kamara just had his worst year as a 27 year old pro in that offense - and that roster is ageing out, and completely cash strapped to boot.

Jameis is under contract. Checkdown Dalton is as good as gone. Trevor Penning was terrible. They're going to have to seriously gut this team to once again get under the cap, or do their usual thing of kicking all the money down the road once more.

I don't know why we'd be excited about an Age 27 Kareem Hunt going there. (Or indeed Age 27 Kareem Hunt in the first place)