NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:25 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:12 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 am Bait or not I don't care. Guy needs to bow down at the altar.
See this is why no one likes you lol I have a Pats friend who handles the success way better and laughs about all the hate that comes his way. I could give you his number if you want a few lessons...
Me saying bow down at the altar is the same as anyone saying "Pats cheat cheat cheat" its just as obnoxious, and its meant to be that way. I understand no one is going to bow down to the altar, I get that people get very annoyed with the Brady worship by pats fans, I understand all of it. Its trolling in the same way he is trolling. You obviously get very annoyed since you call me out on it every time. I totally get im not going to change anyones mind on something they are dug in on, least of all this guy. But its just a football game, he is delusional in the same way others think im delusional. Brady is a god, Belichick is the next step in human evolution, someone put a lifelike robot of Kraft in that brothel. Its all good.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:37 am

In the end I enjoy defending them like a crazy person just like many enjoy bashing them like crazy people. So unless one thing stops than im not going to stop. This isnt a serious topic, im sure Nanananananannanananananannananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananana is a saint in real life like Tom Brady. And im sure Jay Z loves you as a person Jigga.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:35 am

Nanananananana wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:05 pm
problemsolver wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:18 pm The Patriots spent right up to the salary cap in 2018. And 2017. And 2016. And 2015. Brady taking less allows the team to pay his teammates more.

Exactly why it is an unfair advantage and should be looked into. Brady was worth 35 million this year and made 15 million that’s 20 extra million that they are able to spend. Kraft and Brady trust each other that’s the only way this works.

It would be an otherworldly, saintworthy act to deny yourself this extra money every year, Brady is no saint, proven cheater.
I can't tell if this is just trolling, or if you really believe there's some conspiracy afoot here. In case you really do believe it though, here's a very reasonable explanation as to why Brady is willing to forego massive contracts without being a saint:

Brady is married to one of the richest women alive (quick Google search shows that her estimated net worth is $400+ million), and he also makes an incredible amount of money each year on endorsements and his TB12 brand (Brady is worth $200+ million). His desire to win overshadows any desire for a few more million dollars when he is by all means already set for 10 lifetimes of luxury living, so it makes sense that he would be willing to be paid less. Yes, it's a big advantage for the Patriots, but in reality if Rodgers or Luck or whoever married a half-billionaire, I'd wager that they too would be willing to take on smaller contracts for a chance at more rings.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 am

I do not Believe that Brady has denied himself $100 million out of the goodness of his heart. Wealthy people do not just decide that they have enough money, Jeff Bezos doesn’t just decide I have enough give the rest to the employees. The patriots have innovated ways to get around the league rules for Belicheats entire career, this is their best work.

It IS an unfair advantage that Brady is paid less than half his value, leaving 15 mil on the table allows them to sign let’s say Gilmores salary. He is one of the best corners in the league. Now we are lead to believe that this is because Tom doesn’t need the money, I just have my doubts and short of one of us climbing through all of Kraft, Tom and Gisselle’s finances we will never know. I’ll stop ranting and I’ll never bow at the altar, lotta sins on that altar.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 am

Nanananananana wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 am I do not Believe that Brady has denied himself $100 million out of the goodness of his heart. Wealthy people do not just decide that they have enough money, Jeff Bezos doesn’t just decide I have enough give the rest to the employees. The patriots have innovated ways to get around the league rules for Belicheats entire career, this is their best work.

It IS an unfair advantage that Brady is paid less than half his value, leaving 15 mil on the table allows them to sign let’s say Gilmores salary. He is one of the best corners in the league. Now we are lead to believe that this is because Tom doesn’t need the money, I just have my doubts and short of one of us climbing through all of Kraft, Tom and Gisselle’s finances we will never know. I’ll stop ranting and I’ll never bow at the altar, lotta sins on that altar.
Did you not read my post on the previous page? Please respond to that one as you are simplifying the issue to pretend that salary is the only avenue for income. Endorsements can and will continue after football and can exceed salary. Oh, and I'm not a Pats fan.

So to recap my previous post if TL;DR
1) Net gain of income can be more in the long run and even short run via endorsements even if a large amount salary is given up now
2) Damaging his legacy (by going to another team and losing/playing poorly) can lower his income in the years to come, while retiring the GOAT makes him famous for generations. Look at how many endorsements Joe Montana is in right now.
3) Explain why it is inconceivable that Brady may care more about his legacy than money he is not going to ever spend in his lifetime.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:25 am

1) Net gain of income can be more in the long run and even short run via endorsements even if a large amount salary is given up now
Why would he make less in endorsements if he took more salary?
2) Damaging his legacy (by going to another team and losing/playing poorly) can lower his income in the years to come, while retiring the GOAT makes him famous for generations. Look at how many endorsements Joe Montana is in right now.
If he’s the GOAT why would the Pats move him instead of just having less talent around him?

3) Explain why it is inconceivable that Brady may care more about his legacy than money he is not going to ever spend in his lifetime.
Just give me another example of a sports figure taking half his salary for the good of the team?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:36 am

LeBron/Wade/Bosh all took less to team up...

I really don't think Brady needs money lol if I were him I'd play for 1M a year. Give me the best OL around me to keep me upright for many years. Back to the Looney bin Nana

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:43 am

Not to rain on all the conspiracy theories of Tom Brady but he has been paid $212,166,804 so far playing football. :wall: :wall:

Maybe Brady "The GOAT" is just a no good gold digger given his wife Gisele Bündchen is worth about $400 million in her own right. :D

Nothing like the off season!

Carry on!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:01 pm

Regardless of what you think about Brady - I am sure that the Robert Kraft fans in DLF are glad the topic has moved off of him and onto Brady. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:02 pm

I will tell you what, this thread makes me feel a little better about a couple real drunken nights at massage parlors in Nawlins and Vegas. Neither top the frequent visits to Yoshiko's Sauna in good ol Duluth, MN, until it got busted.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:12 pm

BobbyKraft.jpeg
BobbyKraft.jpeg (23.66 KiB) Viewed 423 times
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:38 pm

I saw he got there on the day of the AFC Champ game at 11am and was gone by 11:15. Got blown and manual (handy?) in that 15 minutes. That is efficient and really on task with a tight schedule, and still 10 minutes more than most of us would have been...
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:25 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:38 pm I saw he got there on the day of the AFC Champ game at 11am and was gone by 11:15. Got blown and manual (handy?) in that 15 minutes. That is efficient and really on task with a tight schedule, and still 10 minutes more than most of us would have been...
Life of a Billionaire, blowjobs in the morning in Florida, AFC Championship Games in Kansas City at night.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:39 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:35 am
Nanananananana wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:05 pm
problemsolver wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:18 pm The Patriots spent right up to the salary cap in 2018. And 2017. And 2016. And 2015. Brady taking less allows the team to pay his teammates more.

Exactly why it is an unfair advantage and should be looked into. Brady was worth 35 million this year and made 15 million that’s 20 extra million that they are able to spend. Kraft and Brady trust each other that’s the only way this works.

It would be an otherworldly, saintworthy act to deny yourself this extra money every year, Brady is no saint, proven cheater.
I can't tell if this is just trolling, or if you really believe there's some conspiracy afoot here. In case you really do believe it though, here's a very reasonable explanation as to why Brady is willing to forego massive contracts without being a saint:

Brady is married to one of the richest women alive (quick Google search shows that her estimated net worth is $400+ million), and he also makes an incredible amount of money each year on endorsements and his TB12 brand (Brady is worth $200+ million). His desire to win overshadows any desire for a few more million dollars when he is by all means already set for 10 lifetimes of luxury living, so it makes sense that he would be willing to be paid less. Yes, it's a big advantage for the Patriots, but in reality if Rodgers or Luck or whoever married a half-billionaire, I'd wager that they too would be willing to take on smaller contracts for a chance at more rings.
He actually doesn’t make that much money in endorsements. Not many NFL players do. Not sure why exactly, but he’s one of the top guys and is only making about $6-7M a year apparently.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news ... axrs46d57b
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:22 pm

The more I learn about this story, and how these women were very likely victims of sex-trafficking... likely coerced to perform these acts... well, I think if that is proven to be true, the NFL needs to come down very hard on Kraft. I think they need to force him to sell the team. A slap on the wrist, even a ban of a season, would simply not be adequate.

I was listening to a story about this on NPR this afternoon, and someone made the case that the men who frequent these types of joints are well aware of what is happening, that the women are not there on a voluntary basis. And for someone who has billions of dollars, the most successful NFL franchise in recent memory, and a very public persona of a widower, well, again, this dude is a sick, sick puppy. I sure hope people see beyond his disingenueous facade.