Kareem Hunt suspension Prediction

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!

How may games will Kareem Hunt be suspended in 2019

Less than 6 games
6%
6 games
16%
8 games
29%
10-12 games
40%
More than 12, but not the entire season
1%
All of 2019
6%
Indefinitely
1%

Total votes: 82

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt suspension Prediction

Postby Phaded » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:08 pm

I voted six because that is what Zeke got.

Although I will admit that I have no clue since the NFL likes to make it up as they go.

The real question..
Will he appeal?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:13 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:08 pm I voted six because that is what Zeke got.

Although I will admit that I have no clue since the NFL likes to make it up as they go.

The real question..
Will he appeal?
I don't think he'd appeal a 6 game suspension. I voted more because there is at least some evidence of a 2nd incident, and possibly a 3rd. Also, Zeke did not have a video, so my baseline is 6, and I think due to the things mentioned, it will be substantially more. I think Hunt would be ecstatic with 6 games, and would not appeal.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 pm

I predict Hunt doesn't play a meaningful role in the league again. You have been warned.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm

he should get two less games than chris jones gets for his roughing the passer penalty in the AFC championship game
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:27 pm

That was mine as well. There are eyewitnesses, and at least partial video evidence of a 2nd incident. With the first incident already in the eyes of the public, I think that's the verdict. IF they find credibility on the 3rd incident, I think it could be more.

There were rumors of multiple incidents in college that were covered up. I doubt this will be investigated or used in this suspension but it does give weight to the other 2 incidents that are being investigated since Hunt has been in the NFL.

I hope he is legitimately sorry and this suspension is the wake up call that he needs..... after the Browns trade him of course lol.
Yeah, I really don't think Hunt is sound in the head. He hasn't had enough time to actually change. The remorse was "I got caught". The Browns singing him so soon after the fact probably actually hindered his ability to change. I have a tough time thinking that in 2 months someone changes this pattern of behaviour. If he had to struggle for a few year to get signed, sure. Maybe he could understand the repercussions of his actions. I actually wonder if the fact an NFL team signing him before he was suspended will actually make the punishment harsher. The NFL may think this is a bad look, and tack on a heavier punishment. So much is about public perception, and the NFL is seeing the backlash the Browns are getting from a lot of the fans. It's about money, and if the NFL decides to be lenient, it could hurt them. If they dish out a strong punishment, then they turn the tide on PR, and the bad PR is placed solely on the Browns, and not the NFL.

We can't pretend public perception doesn't matter to the NFL. That is their revenue stream, which is ultimately their largest focus. I think this is a very interesting case, and that the NFL is weighing out it's decision very carefully, because it is a very big deal for their image. I would honestly not be surprised at all if Hunt does not play in 2019 at all. The video, right or wrong, makes this a drastically different case than Ezekiel Elliott's.
How does anyone on here know hes not sorry? Or sound in the head? Everybody so quick to judge someone they dont know at all.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:54 pm

darewood11 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 pm

There were rumors of multiple incidents in college that were covered up. I doubt this will be investigated or used in this suspension but it does give weight to the other 2 incidents that are being investigated since Hunt has been in the NFL.

I hope he is legitimately sorry and this suspension is the wake up call that he needs..... after the Browns trade him of course lol.
Yeah, I really don't think Hunt is sound in the head. He hasn't had enough time to actually change. The remorse was "I got caught". The Browns singing him so soon after the fact probably actually hindered his ability to change. I have a tough time thinking that in 2 months someone changes this pattern of behaviour. If he had to struggle for a few year to get signed, sure. Maybe he could understand the repercussions of his actions. I actually wonder if the fact an NFL team signing him before he was suspended will actually make the punishment harsher. The NFL may think this is a bad look, and tack on a heavier punishment. So much is about public perception, and the NFL is seeing the backlash the Browns are getting from a lot of the fans. It's about money, and if the NFL decides to be lenient, it could hurt them. If they dish out a strong punishment, then they turn the tide on PR, and the bad PR is placed solely on the Browns, and not the NFL.

We can't pretend public perception doesn't matter to the NFL. That is their revenue stream, which is ultimately their largest focus. I think this is a very interesting case, and that the NFL is weighing out it's decision very carefully, because it is a very big deal for their image. I would honestly not be surprised at all if Hunt does not play in 2019 at all. The video, right or wrong, makes this a drastically different case than Ezekiel Elliott's.
How does anyone on here know hes not sorry? Or sound in the head? Everybody so quick to judge someone they dont know at all.
Well, there are many incidents, and things that went down in college as well. That is how I don't think he's sound in the head. He has a history of violence, therefor not sound in the head. He never attempted to seek "help" until he got caught, which indicates strongly that it was to attempt to get his career back as the main reason on his priority list. That part I don't know for certain. I don't need to know a guy who has a history of violent acts personally, to make the assessment something isn't right upstairs.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:32 pm

^ agreed. He reminds me of Titus Young for some reason, he may have CTE already. He is a violent guys, and that isn’t going to change, he can’t help it. It’s not a judgement about him, but more about the reality of his pattern of behavior.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:41 pm

When I was 22 I made plenty of stupid mistakes and did plenty of stuff I regret. Went to jail for awhile and consider myself to be pretty good human being. Didnt change my life until I went to jail either. Doesnt mean I'm not sincere. Assault charges drug charges and sometimes it takes getting caught to force change. I dont judge people I dont know as I've been that person who is judged.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:05 pm

darewood11 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:41 pm When I was 22 I made plenty of stupid mistakes and did plenty of stuff I regret. Went to jail for awhile and consider myself to be pretty good human being. Didnt change my life until I went to jail either. Doesnt mean I'm not sincere. Assault charges drug charges and sometimes it takes getting caught to force change. I dont judge people I dont know as I've been that person who is judged.
Glad you turned your life around, it’s great to hear that you’ve moved past your past. But sorry, I do judge guys who hit and or kick girls whether I know them or not, I also know that they typically can’t stop this type of behavior whether they are caught or not. I hope Hunt gets his life in order, but that’s not what this forum is about, it’s about fantasy football player value and unfortunately the odds of Hunt not getting in trouble again are pretty low, just like it was a low probability that Josh Gordon would stay clean. I’m happy for you if you want to believe in the guy, root for him to turn his life around, and own him in your leagues. But the liklihood is the guys is going to keep getting himself in trouble and the sad thing is he may have a very real disease from football that has led to this, but again, that’s beyond the scope of this forum.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:51 am

I think the NFL will be hard with him. At least one year.
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm he should get two less games than chris jones gets for his roughing the passer penalty in the AFC championship game
Flag on the defense, impeding a NE Superbowl.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 am

I'd say six games when the suspension is originally announced, but four games served after Hunt appeals via the NFLPA.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:36 am

darewood11 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:41 pm When I was 22 I made plenty of stupid mistakes and did plenty of stuff I regret. Went to jail for awhile and consider myself to be pretty good human being. Didnt change my life until I went to jail either. Doesnt mean I'm not sincere. Assault charges drug charges and sometimes it takes getting caught to force change. I dont judge people I dont know as I've been that person who is judged.
I agree, good for you👍
Stay positive!

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:43 am

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 am
clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm he should get two less games than chris jones gets for his roughing the passer penalty in the AFC championship game
Flag on the defense, impeding a NE Superbowl.
yep already served a de facto suspension > than tom brady did after the league convicted him of undermining the integrity of the game . Goodell and the staff at the NFL offices are a complete joke ! I hope in the next labor deal the players hold out for a defined set of penalties for conduct unbecoming and ditch the KGB inspired commissioner's exempt list.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:04 am

10-12 games, they might count the games he missed when he got cut into this however to make it sound tougher