Real Talk - DJ Moore

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Bot101
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Bot101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:22 pm

55 rec
788 yards
14.3 yards per reception
172 rushing yards
960 combined yards receiving and rushing
1,111 all purpose yards (if you include return yards)
only 2 TDs
21 years old

I love this kid. During weeks 10-14 he was the WR 10 until Cam couldnt throw anymore. Early on he was my favorite WR in the class and he cemented himself there by seasons end. If he were coming out in this class I think I would take Harmon and possibly Harry over him at WR depending on landing spot. Assuming Cam is healthy (which it seems he will be, shoulder injury was just scar tissue cleanup and not as bad as originally feared), what is DJ Moore's year 2 ceiling? Could he possibly hit 1,200 yards receiving and say 8 TDs? Or is that unrealistic?

What is everyone's realistic expectations of him in year 2? Or beyond?
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 man, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Justin Watson, Equanimeous St. Brown

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman,
Duke Johnson Jr, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert

2019 1.05
2019 2 04 (14th overall)

FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8721
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:27 pm

YAC monster. I don't think 1200 is in his sights this season, but year 3 I could see it. He's clearly talented. He needs a lot more targets than the 80ish he got this year if he's going to get anywhere near that.

User avatar
Bot101
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Bot101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Could the explanation of his lack of targets be due to early on he was raw and hadnt earned the playtime yet, then in the last few games Cam couldn't throw?
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 man, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Justin Watson, Equanimeous St. Brown

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman,
Duke Johnson Jr, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert

2019 1.05
2019 2 04 (14th overall)

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5555
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:41 pm

It would have been cool if you titled it "Reel Talk" and then posted a bunch of highlight clips

FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8721
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:29 pm
Could the explanation of his lack of targets be due to early on he was raw and hadnt earned the playtime yet, then in the last few games Cam couldn't throw?
Yes. I think they began to get him more involved as the year went along. Funchess became an afterthought. I think next year he pushes 1000. Let's not forget he had almost 200 yards on the ground his rookie year, too.

User avatar
Bot101
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Bot101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:41 pm
It would have been cool if you titled it "Reel Talk" and then posted a bunch of highlight clips
I'm not that creative. But his highlight reel is ridiculous.
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 man, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Justin Watson, Equanimeous St. Brown

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman,
Duke Johnson Jr, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert

2019 1.05
2019 2 04 (14th overall)

User avatar
Bot101
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Bot101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 pm
Bot101 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:29 pm
Could the explanation of his lack of targets be due to early on he was raw and hadnt earned the playtime yet, then in the last few games Cam couldn't throw?
Yes. I think they began to get him more involved as the year went along. Funchess became an afterthought. I think next year he pushes 1000. Let's not forget he had almost 200 yards on the ground his rookie year, too.
His route/TD vs Slay Jr and his sideline catch vs Lattimore were absolutely insane. Its such a shame that Cam had that injury right when the offense was peaking.
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 man, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Justin Watson, Equanimeous St. Brown

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman,
Duke Johnson Jr, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert

2019 1.05
2019 2 04 (14th overall)

FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8721
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:48 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:47 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 pm
Bot101 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:29 pm
Could the explanation of his lack of targets be due to early on he was raw and hadnt earned the playtime yet, then in the last few games Cam couldn't throw?
Yes. I think they began to get him more involved as the year went along. Funchess became an afterthought. I think next year he pushes 1000. Let's not forget he had almost 200 yards on the ground his rookie year, too.
His route/TD vs Slay Jr and his sideline catch vs Lattimore were absolutely insane. Its such a shame that Cam had that injury right when the offense was peaking.
No doubt. He's a very talented player.

User avatar
slaughterrt
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3823
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:41 pm
It would have been cool if you titled it "Reel Talk" and then posted a bunch of highlight clips
Since it’s the offseason, maybe we could do a Reel Talk thread every couple of days with highlights of different up-and-comers. Make it a “Reel Talk” series of sorts.
The Bloated Well Walkers
12 team superflex / ppr / IDP
Orphan takeover on 10/22/18

QB: Deshaun Watson, Nick Mullens, Taylor Heinicke
RB: Zeke Elliott, Le’Veon Bell, Kenyan Drake, Alfred Blue, CJ Prosise, Brian Hill, Bo Scarbrough
WR: Calvin Ridley, Nelson Agholor, Martavis Bryant, Josh Reynolds, Kendrick Bourne, Richie James, Leonte Carroo, Robert Foster, Maurice Harris, KhaDarel Hodge, Marcus Johnson, Breshad Perriman, Brandon Powell, Vyncint Smith, Brandon Zylstra
TE: Travis Kelce, Evan Engram
K: Whoever
IDP: Too many prospects to list
2019 - 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7
2020 - 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

User avatar
Bot101
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Bot101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:12 pm

I have a feeling if you wait post breakout his price will be ridiculous. What would be the proper price for him?
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 man, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Justin Watson, Equanimeous St. Brown

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman,
Duke Johnson Jr, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert

2019 1.05
2019 2 04 (14th overall)

User avatar
Forza_Azzurri
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:52 am

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Absolutely love his talent ... but I'm not convinced Cam's shoulder will be right.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1)| DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| R. Wilson, D. Carr, M. Rudolph (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Mixon, K. Drake, J. Adams,
|WR| D.J. Moore, C. Godwin, M. Gallup, M. Goodwin, Da. Moore
|TE| I. Thomas, M. Gesicki, R. Gathers
|K| H. Butker, R. Gould
|DT| S. Richardson, T. Bryan, G. McCoy
|DE| D. Barnett, J. Pierre-Paul, Y. Ngakoue, E. Ansah, T. Charlton, A. Key, J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, R. Foster, J. Clowney, K. Beckwith, M. Jefferson, M. Kendricks, D. Cole, S. Ebukam
|CB| B. Jones, M. Fitzpatrick, M. Peters, D. Trufant, J. Norman
|S| E. Thomas, E. Murray, S. Cravens, T. Walker
|2019 PICKS| 1.01, 1.07, 2.07, 4.12, 5.10, 5.14, 6.06, 6.12
|2020 PICKS| #1 (x3), #5

FantasyFreak
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8721
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:18 pm
Absolutely love his talent ... but I'm not convinced Cam's shoulder will be right.
Who knows, maybe this surgery helps fix his accuracy. It's not like he was that accurate before, LOL.

User avatar
Bot101
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Bot101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm

I think Norv Turner helped Cams completion percentage quite a bit. He set a career high in that category.
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 man, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Justin Watson, Equanimeous St. Brown

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman,
Duke Johnson Jr, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert

2019 1.05
2019 2 04 (14th overall)

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5016
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:53 am

Bot101 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:12 pm
I have a feeling if you wait post breakout his price will be ridiculous. What would be the proper price for him?
I know this might sound crazy now, and possibly still in the future, but as of right now I'd prefer to have him to any rookie in this class...
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Luck, Baker, Tannehill
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Ekeler, K. Dixon, Hines, Samuels, CJA, Ware
WR: Tyreek???, Julio, Cooks, D.J. Moore, C. Davis, D. Hamilton, MVS, ESB, Washington
TE: Henry, Njoku, Herndon, Hooper
2019 Picks: 3.08, 3.10, 6...

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Baker, Cam, Jimmy G, Foles, Teddy
RB: CMC, A. Jones, Crowell, K. Dixon, J. Samuels, Gus
WR: Landry, D.J. Moore, Fuller, Mike Will, Hamilton, Pettis, MVS, Crabtree, M. Lee, Gallup,
TE: Henry, Herndon, Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki
2019 Picks: 1.01, 1.02, 2.10, 3.01

User avatar
Bot101
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Real Talk - DJ Moore

Postby Bot101 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:53 am
Bot101 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:12 pm
I have a feeling if you wait post breakout his price will be ridiculous. What would be the proper price for him?
I know this might sound crazy now, and possibly still in the future, but as of right now I'd prefer to have him to any rookie in this class...
Its not crazy. Hes a baller.
QB/WR WR WR/ RB RB/ TE/ FLX FLX/ DEF
10 man, 1/2 PPR
QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger

WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Antonio Callaway, Michael Gallup, Justin Watson, Equanimeous St. Brown

RB: Joe Mixon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman,
Duke Johnson Jr, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams

TE: OJ Howard, Chris Herndon, Dallas Goedert

2019 1.05
2019 2 04 (14th overall)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArrylT, Baidu [Spider], childishfakerino, dynastyninja, g30rry, Jason3123, murphysxm, tresskid84, Vcize, whaley88 and 7 guests