Upgrading QB

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Upgrading QB

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:25 am

This is regarding team 2 in sig. I am looking to upgrade QB play as this is a SF league and Carr/Stafford were both extremely weak this season. There were weeks where Darnold outperformed both of them sadly. I

I approached the Mayfield owner (who also owns Luck & Trubisky) and he advised he was all ears. He is open to dealing either Mayfield or Trubisky.

How much would I need to add to Carr/Stafford in order to obtain Mayfield? I own 1.1 and 1.6 but would rather keep both those picks. The Mayfield owner is weak at WR but I don't know if adding Ridley or Corey Davis is too much. Thoughts?
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Re: Upgrading QB

Postby jonf86 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:32 am

Honestly, I would hold off, because you'd be selling both at probably their lowest values.

Stafford has been an extremely reliable fantasy QB (not elite, but very solid). This past year was a disappointment, but I expect him to improve. Carr, should get better too. Between the draft and free agency, the Raiders should be able to surround him with better talent.

Not opposed to moving them eventually, but unless blown away by a deal, I'd hold off until mid season next year.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 am

So, you want to upgrade from a terrible fantasy QB to an up-and-coming potential top-10 QB and not give up 1.1, 1.6, or a player like Ridley or C. Davis? Good luck!

Seriously, you need to pay a premium for a player like Mayfield -- and you should. Rather than starting off by thinking, "How low of an offer can I make?", think about how much you would be willing to give up. Then come back here, and we'll let you know if it's too much.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:44 am

moishetreats wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 am So, you want to upgrade from a terrible fantasy QB to an up-and-coming potential top-10 QB and not give up 1.1, 1.6, or a player like Ridley or C. Davis? Good luck!

Seriously, you need to pay a premium for a player like Mayfield -- and you should. Rather than starting off by thinking, "How low of an offer can I make?", think about how much you would be willing to give up. Then come back here, and we'll let you know if it's too much.
I don't know if someone pissed in your cheerios this morning or if you received cat feces for Christmas, but don't take it out on me pal. Go back and re-read the post and come up with a productive response.

I simply stated I'd rather keep my picks as I am rebuilding, and asked if Ridley or Davis was too much on top of Carr or Stafford for Mayfield. Ridley is showing WR1 potential and Davis was (is) being ticketed as the next Antonio Brown by ppl all over this forum. (EDIT: I don't view Davis this way, but this forum grossly overrates him given his situation and performance thus far).

As the poster prior to you mentioned, Stafford has been very reliable over the years and had 1 down year, Carr is a different story.
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:54 am

I would move Carr and Davis in a heartbeat for Mayfield.

I've been saying for a longtime around these parts, but Davis is nothing special. Yes he might eventually turn into a consistent WR2, but that's his ceiling at this point. Maybe if he had Brees, or Mahommes for a QB things would be different, but he doesn't and situation matters. So just get out from under that Davis share, pair him with Carr, make the trade, and be happy that you have Mayfield on your roster.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:59 am

Actually, now that I look at it, you still have a little bit of rebuilding to do. I'd keep Davis over Landry simply because I think they'll produce similar numbers moving forwards, so keep the youth of Davis. Try and move Landry + Carr.

Unless it's full ppr, then just ignore this and go back to moving Davis + Carr.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:59 am Actually, now that I look at it, you still have a little bit of rebuilding to do. I'd keep Davis over Landry simply because I think they'll produce similar numbers moving forwards, so keep the youth of Davis. Try and move Landry + Carr.

Unless it's full ppr, then just ignore this and go back to moving Davis + Carr.
It is full PPR, and Landry I think will bounce back next year and become Mayfield's WR1 hopefully. I agree on your assessment of Davis, I just am not that high on him. I will probably start with Davis+Carr, but I won't be surprised if he turns that down.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:39 am

I'd easily trade Carr, Davis and 1.6 for Baker in SF

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:31 am

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:44 am
moishetreats wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:33 am So, you want to upgrade from a terrible fantasy QB to an up-and-coming potential top-10 QB and not give up 1.1, 1.6, or a player like Ridley or C. Davis? Good luck!

I don't know if someone pissed in your cheerios this morning or if you received cat feces for Christmas, but don't take it out on me pal. Go back and re-read the post and come up with a productive response.

I simply stated I'd rather keep my picks as I am rebuilding, and asked if Ridley or Davis was too much on top of Carr or Stafford for Mayfield. Ridley is showing WR1 potential and Davis was (is) being ticketed as the next Antonio Brown by ppl all over this forum. (EDIT: I don't view Davis this way, but this forum grossly overrates him given his situation and performance thus far).

As the poster prior to you mentioned, Stafford has been very reliable over the years and had 1 down year, Carr is a different story.
Re-reading my post, I see that I missed: I was going for cheeky, not snarky. Clearly, I blew that. Sorry. :)

I'll put it more clearly, then: I think that the difference between Mayfield and your QBs is MASSIVE. Indeed, I'm not sure that any of the pieces that you listed -- the 1.1 or either WR -- would be enough to get Mayfield alongside one of your QBs. So, if you're looking to hold on to all those pieces, then I don't think that you have the ammo to get Mayfield.

Good luck!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:36 am

Carr + Guice + 2.01 would be a fair offer if you don't want to include your 1st round picks.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd