Hue Jackson Fired

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Hue Jackson Fired

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:59 am

2nd losingest coach of all time. Behind only an eagles head coach way back who was also the owner who wouldn't fire himself lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:12 am

I'm very surprised that Haley is gone as well.

This team is getting overhauled in the offseason.

They have some very talented pieces on this team. Coaching staff has been holding them back. But, I can't believe that both the head coach and offensive coordinator were fired today.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 am

So it now appears it is NOT Saunders as interim coach, early reporting got it wrong (it looks like its Williams after all)
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:23 am

steelman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:39 am I don't really get the firing of Haley, unless some of the offensive players complained about him. Just seems like a whole new system that Mayfield has to learn in the middle of a season. That's rarely a good thing for a QB.
I don't know about the whole team, but it was reported that Baker Mayfield like Haley, but felt Hue was holding him back.

NFL Network's Ian Rappaport said there were discussions in Cleveland as to whether to fire Hue or Haley. That there were people in the Brown's organization that said Haley wasn't listening to Hue and doing his own thing. In the end, they decided to fire both.

Repeatedly not following the chain of command is a good and fast way to get yourself fired. If Ian's report is true and fact, I too would have fired both.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:26 am

Wile E. Coyote wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:23 am
steelman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:39 am I don't really get the firing of Haley, unless some of the offensive players complained about him. Just seems like a whole new system that Mayfield has to learn in the middle of a season. That's rarely a good thing for a QB.
I don't know about the whole team, but it was reported that Baker Mayfield like Haley, but felt Hue was holding him back.

NFL Network's Ian Rappaport said there were discussions in Cleveland as to whether to fire Hue or Haley. That there were people in the Brown's organization that said Haley wasn't listening to Hue and doing his own thing. In the end, they decided to fire both.

Repeatedly not following the chain of command is a good and fast way to get yourself fired. If Ian's report is true and fact, I too would have fired both.
This is true. If Haley was routinely going rogue, then you can't keep him. It destroys a team.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:27 am

BRING ME THEIR F*CKING HEADS!!

-Gregg Williams pregame speech... probably

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:56 am

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:27 am BRING ME THEIR F*CKING HEADS!!

GOAT on killing the head speeches, and bounties.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:01 pm

I suspect Saunders straight refused to be HC in that meeting with Dorsey and Haslam, or even OC. Fits his profile.

Interested to see what Fat Freddie's got to offer.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Freddie Kitchens was the QB Coach from 2013-2016 in ARI... when Palmer gave a last hurrah. Was also their RB coach last year.

He spent a good deal of time under Bruce Arians.

I like the move.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:25 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:56 am
0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:27 am BRING ME THEIR F*CKING HEADS!!

GOAT on killing the head speeches, and bounties.
I'm a bit younger and wasn't fully aware of all that went into boutygate before Williams most recent promotion, so maybe I'm a little ignorant, but how does this guy have a job in the NFL? How did he not serve jail time for encouraging players and paying them to not only injure people but to force concussions on players who had concussion history's? That's really messed up.

Furthermore how is Sean Payton still a respected NFL head coach?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:51 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:25 pm
I'm a bit younger and wasn't fully aware of all that went into boutygate before Williams most recent promotion, so maybe I'm a little ignorant, but how does this guy have a job in the NFL? How did he not serve jail time for encouraging players and paying them to not only injure people but to force concussions on players who had concussion history's? That's really messed up.

Look here son, if you ever take a real look back into the NFL you'll see it only very recently morphed into this 2018 flag football fancy men in tights very politely negotiating each other to the soft turf type of game. The NFL used to be a game of big hits, of dirty plays, of violence, of insane drug use, of getting a concussion meant you came back in the game two plays later if you even left in the first place. It was essentially a game for warriors, played only by the toughest craziest SOBS around. I'm not trying to glorify it, just explaining. Many of the older coaches around today came from this era where I am sure things like a bounty were not only occurring but completely commonplace. This recent past has been purposely swept under the rug as much as possible because today's standards are quite, ahem, different. So Payton is respected and very few people in the NFL care about this because they are familiar with the history. There were many rumors about bounties going on, but stories like that never broke in those days.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:56 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Look here son, if you ever take a real look back into the NFL you'll see it only very recently morphed into this 2018 flag football fancy men in tights very politely negotiating each other to the soft turf type of game. The NFL used to be a game of big hits, of dirty plays, of violence, of insane drug use, of getting a concussion meant you came back in the game two plays later if you even left in the first place. It was essentially a game for warriors, played only by the toughest craziest SOBS around. I'm not trying to glorify it, just explaining. Many of the older coaches around today came from this era where I am sure things like a bounty were not only occurring but completely commonplace. This recent past has been purposely swept under the rug as much as possible because today's standards are quite, ahem, different. So Payton is respected and very few people in the NFL care about this because they are familiar with the history. There were many rumors about bounties going on, but stories like that never broke in those days.
Bring back FDR as president.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:56 pm
0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Bring back FDR as president.
I prefer Teddy, but I'd be happy with FDR as well. We have no such men left in our society anymore. Teddy volunteered to fight in World War 1 in the years AFTER his presidency. Can you imagine?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Too late. Jackson should’ve been fired before the season started. They’ve now spike Mayfield’s career as he’s on offense number two now and is very likely to be on offense number three next season. I was never fully bought in on Mayfield, but I’m staying far away now.

I don’t know that I like this for Landry either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Are there any offensive minds who could be up for a HC job for 2019 or is it too early to tell?