Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:32 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:15 pm
MFundercover wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:04 pm AB: "The other owners in this league don't have the type of money I have."

Other owners: "Kick AB out he's the only owner delinquent on payments."
Which raises the question for me, is he having financial troubles? Or, is he in "I'm Antonio Brown, I can do whatever I want!!" mode?

Strange story. Wonder what it would be like to have a drink with the guy...
There was also the problem with players/coaches not getting paid- https://en.as.com/nfl/antonio-brown-own ... hes-why-n/

Sport Illustrated links it with other payment issues in Brown's past- https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/an ... vestigated
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:36 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:15 pm
MFundercover wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:04 pm AB: "The other owners in this league don't have the type of money I have."

Other owners: "Kick AB out he's the only owner delinquent on payments."
Which raises the question for me, is he having financial troubles? Or, is he in "I'm Antonio Brown, I can do whatever I want!!" mode?

Strange story. Wonder what it would be like to have a drink with the guy...
That’s his MO and why the Steelers ran him off after enough players got sick of it.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:23 am

Batshit crazy.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:25 am

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:30 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:13 pm has this guy paid anyone ever in his life?

what a horrible person.
He should run for president!

In all honesty though, this is a sad, sad story. He clearly seems to have some mental issues, judging by the news these last few years, and his behavior on Hard Knocks/on the field.
yeah, probably cuntitis.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:43 am

His story is going to have a sad ending
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:37 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:25 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:13 pm has this guy paid anyone ever in his life?

what a horrible person.

In all honesty though, this is a sad, sad story. He clearly seems to have some mental issues, judging by the news these last few years, and his behavior on Hard Knocks/on the field.
yeah, probably cuntitis.
Did AB fall to the sixth round due to character concerns? I have no clue of his hype coming out of college. Legend goes Mike Tomlin went to Central Michigan to look at someone else and kept seeing flashes of that "Antonio Brown kid" and the rest is history but I don't remember hearing or reading anything overly negative about him.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.02, 4.04, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01 5.05
2025 picks: three 2nds

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:50 am

NWABCS wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:37 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:25 am

yeah, probably cuntitis.
Did AB fall to the sixth round due to character concerns? I have no clue of his hype coming out of college. Legend goes Mike Tomlin went to Central Michigan to look at someone else and kept seeing flashes of that "Antonio Brown kid" and the rest is history but I don't remember hearing or reading anything overly negative about him.
Great question. He was WILDLY productive in college, which I just had to Google:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... own-1.html

I mean...over 7k all purpose yards?!? That's absurd production, albeit at a smaller school.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:43 am

Maybe my awareness can be questioned but I did not know of any character concerns until near the end of his Steelers career. Then all of a sudden, holy shiit, come to find out dude is a total whackadoo. I’ve even seen a couple interviews recently that made me cringe but I wanted more for some reason.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:37 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:43 am Maybe my awareness can be questioned but I did not know of any character concerns until near the end of his Steelers career. Then all of a sudden, holy shiit, come to find out dude is a total whackadoo. I’ve even seen a couple interviews recently that made me cringe but I wanted more for some reason.
Brown has basically had character and off-field concerns since high school. It affected his recruiting significantly. Central Michigan was a last resort for him after he screwed up Bowling Green and FIU and didn't have the test scores for Florida State and Alcorn State.
Playing high school football at Miami Norland, Antonio Brown put up big numbers and earned several accolades, but it wasn't enough to launch him to the next level. While there was interest from some of the big colleges, Brown's grades were not strong enough for consideration. Scouting interviews also proved to be a challenge.

When Bowling Green sent Zach Azzanni to meet and recruit the talented athlete, the meeting was conducted on the street, where Brown stood next to his bike. "I literally met him on the corner," Azzanni told ESPN. In the end, no offers from any "major" Division-1 schools came. Brown's first choice, Florida State, denied him because of "academic concerns." He then tried Alcorn State, but discovered that his test scores weren't high enough.

After boosting his test scores and earning a scholarship to Florida International University (FIU), Brown was then involved in an altercation on campus. According to ESPN, his scholarship was rescinded before he ever took the field for the team. School officials allegedly told Brown, "We're gonna say you were never here."

After Antonio Brown was removed from FIU and he returned home, he got a call from the former Bowling Green recruiter, Zach Azzanni. Now with Central Michigan, Azzanni encouraged Brown to try out for the college's team as a walk-on receiver. So Brown took his shot. He flew into to town with all his belongings, none of which were winter clothes, and made the team.

Read More: https://www.nickiswift.com/149823/anton ... ife-story/
His success in the NFL really just brought out who he always kind of was.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:11 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:37 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:43 am Maybe my awareness can be questioned but I did not know of any character concerns until near the end of his Steelers career. Then all of a sudden, holy shiit, come to find out dude is a total whackadoo. I’ve even seen a couple interviews recently that made me cringe but I wanted more for some reason.
Brown has basically had character and off-field concerns since high school. It affected his recruiting significantly. Central Michigan was a last resort for him after he screwed up Bowling Green and FIU and didn't have the test scores for Florida State and Alcorn State.
Playing high school football at Miami Norland, Antonio Brown put up big numbers and earned several accolades, but it wasn't enough to launch him to the next level. While there was interest from some of the big colleges, Brown's grades were not strong enough for consideration. Scouting interviews also proved to be a challenge.

When Bowling Green sent Zach Azzanni to meet and recruit the talented athlete, the meeting was conducted on the street, where Brown stood next to his bike. "I literally met him on the corner," Azzanni told ESPN. In the end, no offers from any "major" Division-1 schools came. Brown's first choice, Florida State, denied him because of "academic concerns." He then tried Alcorn State, but discovered that his test scores weren't high enough.

After boosting his test scores and earning a scholarship to Florida International University (FIU), Brown was then involved in an altercation on campus. According to ESPN, his scholarship was rescinded before he ever took the field for the team. School officials allegedly told Brown, "We're gonna say you were never here."

After Antonio Brown was removed from FIU and he returned home, he got a call from the former Bowling Green recruiter, Zach Azzanni. Now with Central Michigan, Azzanni encouraged Brown to try out for the college's team as a walk-on receiver. So Brown took his shot. He flew into to town with all his belongings, none of which were winter clothes, and made the team.

Agree. People point to the Burfict hit, and clearly concussions aren’t good for your health…but I don’t think the hit gave him a narcissistic personality disorder. He had it already. I remember seeing an interview early in his career, and he was crazy then. He was asked how he was able to be so good at 5’10”, and with a crazy look in his eye he insisted he was much taller than that. At first I thought he was joking, but he clearly wasn’t. He either convinced himself that he was some giant on the field…or he was crazy. Likely the later.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:25 am

j4pac wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:11 am

Agree. People point to the Burfict hit, and clearly concussions aren’t good for your health…but I don’t think the hit gave him a narcissistic personality disorder. He had it already. I remember seeing an interview early in his career, and he was crazy then. He was asked how he was able to be so good at 5’10”, and with a crazy look in his eye he insisted he was much taller than that. At first I thought he was joking, but he clearly wasn’t. He either convinced himself that he was some giant on the field…or he was crazy. Likely the later.
I think AB and JaMorant should get a place together
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:45 am

j4pac wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:11 am

:clap: So true. I really can't stand when people chalk it all up to that hit. It takes away a certain amount of responsibility for his own actions. AB had issues well before that, and people that point to that hit as the reason are just not well informed.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:45 am :clap: So true. I really can't stand when people chalk it all up to that hit. It takes away a certain amount of responsibility for his own actions. AB had issues well before that, and people that point to that hit as the reason are just not well informed.
besides, he's not the only football player to ever receive a vicious hit. how come not everyone behaves like a total cunt?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:36 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:15 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:45 am :clap: So true. I really can't stand when people chalk it all up to that hit. It takes away a certain amount of responsibility for his own actions. AB had issues well before that, and people that point to that hit as the reason are just not well informed.
besides, he's not the only football player to ever receive a vicious hit. how come not everyone behaves like a total cunt?
That's true. Some end up shooting themselves in the head. :?

Two things can be true at the same time. AB might have been a jerk with mental health issues before the hit. And his mental health issues could have worsened after the hit.

A third thing can also be true. Maybe he took hits as a youngster that created his mental health issues in the first place. Maybe if he'd never played football and never had multiple shots to the head for 25 years, he'd be a guy whose behavior we never questioned. Just like some bodies aren't built for the brutality of football (Swift,) some brains react more harshly to repeated head shots.

Who knows? I sure don't.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:39 pm

ryan clark told a story about ab when he was acting all crazy. he said he told the stealers not to pay ab a big contract when he was coming off his rookie deal. he said they would be creating a monster once he got paid. and that's exactly what happened.

he's an entitled pos that doesn't give a bleep about anyone except himself.